Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wow, better than the VPD Airs for $30? That's impressive.

I'm not sure I'd expect everyone to agree, but with my odd muscle proportions the VPD Airs needed help they weren't getting, so they started with a little disadvantage. The $30 pads remind me of those with more adjustability and less material to bunch behind the knee, though. So better for me, anyway.

Any new entrants to the category that are worth checking out? I had Dainese Trail Skins which I liked a lot, but lost them when someone stole my hydration pack out of my truck (with all my biking stuff minus my bike in it).

I went down on my knee the other day in a blown corner and decided to try some pads out, so I just bought some Sweet Protection knee guards based on nothing but price. I'll chime in once I've had a chance to use them.

I’m still using:
    661 EVO Knees for park and rowdy enduro.
    Fox Enduro Knee for trail, around my ankle for climbs.
    POC VPD Air Elbows when I feel like it. They only stay up if I’m sweaty, but I don’t want to wear them when it’s hot. Need something that stays up better, AND that I’ll actually wear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

been really happy with my leatt airflex pro knees. they breathe well, don't mind them for long pedal days, they don't slip down. haven't really tested the crash resistance too much yet, somehow.

Any recommendations for shoulder pads?

I went OTB in the park and am going in for rotator cuff surgery after Labor Day.

Looks like shoulder pads will be in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    been really happy with my leatt airflex pro knees. they breathe well, don't mind them for long pedal days, they don't slip down. haven't really tested the crash resistance too much yet, somehow.
    Seconded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Any recommendations for shoulder pads?

I went OTB in the park and am going in for rotator cuff surgery after Labor Day.

Looks like shoulder pads will be in my future.
    TLD Protective LS Shirt will have shoulder pads built in, as well as a number of bulkier/uglier cockroach suits. But really, you're still probably gonna wreck your rotator cuff again. Pads protect from blunt impact, but don't help with awkward wrenching, twisting, buckling. Unfortunately, the shoulder/clavicle area is kind of "designed" to self destruct while protecting their higher priced neighbors (head/heart/lungs/spine).
    However many are in a shit ton.

Been running iXS Flow zips for a year or so. I've only ever used DH pads, so don't have much to compare them to. I've gone down a couple times, and they've done their job. I got them for the zipper, and I like that aspect. I don't take them off for short rides, but it's nice to be able to quickly pull them off for long grinds.

If you're not interested in the zipper, I think you could probably do better as far as comfort, durability and protection.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Bummer to hear shred... I agree with jm2e re: the shoulder pads.

I like my ixs knee pads. They stay in place and are pretty low profile... didn't rip with the run to trip to knees down on the trail to baseball slide the other day.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Bump for powdork's ventilated knee