Cutting Brakes from Dynafit Beast Binding

Has anybody here done it?

If so I'm wondering how it affects release, if you sacrifice the ability to have a riser for the advantage of a flat walk mode, tips and tricks for going at it?

Thanks guys

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im wondering why anyone would want or need to remove the ski retention device from that binder
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Rubber bands will help you with flat mode

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im wondering why anyone would want or need to remove the ski retention device from that binder
    To give it a more functional flat walk mode and to help with snow buildup in and around the heel piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Rubber bands will help you with flat mode

Andrew
    Yah I've done the whole brake retainer thing but it isn't very realistic to rely on rubber bands or ski straps when the I could just lose the brakes.

You may already have a set, but if you want an extra set of heelpieces/brakes to try this on, let me know. I have a pair of 135mm brakes in the parts bin that I'd be willing to sell for cheap.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by blurst View Post
    To give it a more functional flat walk mode and to help with snow buildup in and around the heel piece.
    I skied with a guide this season who had 5" discs with a hole in the center cut out of milk carton plastic, he put them under the post on his under his comforts, so I asked and he said it helped with snow build up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Here is my main concern.... At the moment my boot rests on the AFD with about 1cm between the inserts and the baseplate.

If I remove the brake and therefore the AFD will this affect release as my boot will be hovering on the tech inserts only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30708919_10155600212814503_1312056279216160768_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	232515

Yes you will lose some power transfer, as you can probably wobble the boot sideways in the pins before transferring power with the AFD removed. This is the same with speed radicals (or any hovering pin binding). I put some ATK spacers in to remedy this.

Edit: so i dont think this will affect release, as this is how many pin bindings work (i.e. hovering).

But honestly i would just get a differnt binder if you want to do long flat approaches. But to each his own.

Did you ever give this a try??