Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: RIP tone capone

Thanks for posting that video Matt. I’m going to have to stash this somewhere I can find it. Extremely sad to watch yet comforting. Fuck, what a rad human!

RIP tone capone

Looks like he lived and skied full speed. A life lived with passion.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Great video. Loved the clip at the very end. "Tone you were fuckin flying!" Thanks to all who worked on this, I'm sure it was difficult but it's an awesome tribute.

That was an awesome tribute fueled by his own passion.

Hopefully that serves as an equal inspiration to others.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Great tribute to tone capone, a good cry was offered for a Mag who lived well. Condolences to all who shared in this well of stoke.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Tony was a wonderful human. He embodied what it means to "live the dream". Love you Tone!

RIP maggot
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

That was a great video; well done!

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth,
    And danced the skies on laughter silvered wings;
    Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    Of sun-split clouds .... and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of .............

Rest in Peace TC

Condolences to all who knew him.

This community may be mostly digital and kind of weird but it's real even when interactions never spill over into "real life" or shared turns. The sorrow of the Maggot Down threads is as real as the e-friendships.

RIP.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Rip tony what sadness.

Rip tone
    Great tribute video
    Whiskey in my glass raised to ya mag 🥃
    stay outta my line

usedatele, thanks for posting the tribute vid. The man was a fellow mountain lover.

That is so sad to hear. RIP. Really great guy and skier, reached out to me while I was traveling montana last year. Brought me out on awesometrip to the crazy mountains! I felt so fortunatr to be there and was hoping to ride with him again. Putting him up there with angrysasquatch and Shane. Theres alot of legends on this board! Rip man fuuuck this sucks Name:  IMAG0853.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  22.3 KB

If lifes not on the EDGE its not as worthy!

Sent from my SM-A520W using TGR Forums mobile app

RIP tone capone

I only met him once, downtown Bozeman in the off season for a minor gear swap transaction, but that video really captured his spirit. So alive. Thanks for posting it here.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Usedatele View Post
    Heres a link to the video we made for Tonys service. Grab a beverage and check it out.
    FKNA!

Great video. Seemed like a ripper. I'm not crying you're crying

That video is a testament to a life very well lived, with friends.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    Great video. Seemed like a ripper. I'm not crying you're crying
    Yes, after watching that I'm crying....
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Very sad. Tone visited us in Ketchum a couple of years ago for about a week. We skied, we apres-ed and we talked a lot of shit and had a great time. We kept in touch through texts a couple of times a year and always figured we would shred again someday. He was one of us or we were one of him, either way this is such a bummer.

What a beautiful skier he was.
    Terrible loss.
    Rest In Peace, Tony.

Thanks for sharing his stories, ghosthop.
    Hang in there, bud.

We lost a good one. Tony was strong, humble, unassuming, generous and had such a quirky, endearing manner. A great person to spend time with in the mountains, which he deeply and truly loved. Bridger and summer biking adventures won't be the same without him. Thanks for putting the tribute video together, Matt. J and I were both crying and then had to laugh at the end, such classic Tony!
    Name:  1929676_10153729444257348_3708901569861498406_n.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  58.4 KB
    Name:  15825982_10154759081957348_2443847512594868049_n.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  89.3 KB
    Name:  16938955_10154927687497348_2852533703713815853_n.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  100.6 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050761.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	233582

Name:	P1050785.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	233584

Name:	P1050839.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	233585
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

He will be missed,he always brought the stoke. Be mindful of the lee side elephant in the room.

" for Tone Capone. Thank you ... ! ! "

on 11-05-2017 , post #4233 in the SW Montana conditions thread, ToneC wrote :

As the years tick by I start to wonder just how healthy this obsession is, as with any obsession that takes up so much time, energy, and resources...But then it all makes perfect sense again on days like today and there is no doubt, I better hop on this carnival ride for yet another trip around the sun.

on April 25, 2018, skiJ wrote :

" post #4233 11-05-2017 ( 2012 SW Montana conditions... )

Thank you, Tone Capone... I had come to look forward to your thoughtful posts - Thank you...
    the last paragraph of your November.fifth post is going in my signature block if I have to create an alias...

it is because of maggs/mags/mangs ( and maggettes ) like You that I stay Here --

You are a Good one, ToneC - and we miss You.

I trust You are 'in a Better Place' - skiing with My Dad and other heroes past ( I miss you, Dad... )

Thank You for your "stoke" Here - and in your skiing and biking communities...

I - we - will have a moment For You next March in (my) montana...

ride ON ! !! Tone Capone !!!

with great Respect... tj "
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

A memory of Tone.

Meadow Lodge, Esplanade Range, Golden BC - 2010

Tony came along on one of our hut trips, sight unseen, didn't know any of our crew, but we knew he was a genuine dude - and made smart decisions. He'd go for solo tours, and this trip was no exception - but I'm not one to judge that. He definitely marched to his own beat.

Day 3, snowing 3-4cm/hr, most everyone is in the same area skiing a treed pillow zone. Tony is nowhere to be seen. We all ski our lines, and end up congregating in a safe zone in valley bottom to keep eyes on ppl skiing their lines. Once everyone (so we thought) was down, Tony comes out of nowhere and airs across the fall line, maybe 40-50 feet, pretty well airing over 2-3 ski tracks in the process. As everyone cheers, he skis up to us at the bottom, stoked out of his mind and asks "man where did I just ski? where was I?!?"

Name:  tone.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  53.5 KB

This isn't a picture of that particular line, cause I had no clue he was going full send. This is just some other random drop he took.

Later that night after dinner. Tony clinks his beer glass. No way he's gonna give a speech. Tony was a bit socially awkward, I don't think anyone that knew him would disagree with that. I knew he was nervous, but in case anyone didn't - you could tell by the beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. He goes on to tell us, repeatedly, how honored he is to be on this trip with us, how appreciative he is, and how rad everyone else is. This may not be that entertaining if you didn't know Tony, but man - that speech...that line...that day...was all-time.

RIP tone.
    Drive slow, homie.