Views:	126 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	252463
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd114l3.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	252465

The camber looks tastier than i expected, can't wait to get on them. Jong fondling them they feel real nice. I think i'm going to spoil myself and go for tectons rather than a set of dynafits.

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Skis arrived today! Some quick sneaky shots at work

Name:	cd114l1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	252462

Name:	cd114l2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	252463

Name:	cd114l3.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	252465

The camber looks tastier than i expected, can't wait to get on them. Jong fondling them they feel real nice. I think i'm going to spoil myself and go for tectons rather than a set of dynafits.
    Sexy. I assume you're in Euro land? These aren't part of the group buy right? Cause I really want to fondle my skis.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Sexy. I assume you're in Euro land? These aren't part of the group buy right? Cause I really want to fondle my skis.
    I was wondering the same thing, 'coz our US skis were scheduled to ship this week. Knowing the nature of being a small company, I really don't expect them to ship for a short while.

Making that assumption (putting it out of my mind as best as i can), it will be a pleasant surprise when they show up.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

According to the pctipp.ch poster + german language I guess he's in german speaking switzerland ;p

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    According to the pctipp.ch poster + german language I guess he's in german speaking switzerland ;p
    Close German speaking Austria. They shipped faster than i thought, stoked they arrived so early

These just arrived to Scandiland! 1600&1620 grams.

Name:	IMG_20181031_142801.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	577.5 KB 
ID:	253323

Name:	IMG_20181031_143423.jpg 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	253322

Quote Originally Posted by JanIdar View Post
    These just arrived to Scandiland! 1600&1620 grams.

Name:	IMG_20181031_142801.jpg 
Size:	577.5 KB 
ID:	253323

Name:	IMG_20181031_143423.jpg 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	253322
    Yes. Even with snow to match. Stoked for the same set arriving here in the US of A shortly.

More happy faces here!

Hey, they've stepped up quite a few notches on the finish. They look so much sharper than my previous ones! Great job Down!

But just a heads up, check/ measure the mount line. I don't know the reason but the SD95 mount point is marked a good two cm forward of the one on the 16/17 vintage, whereas the website info still states a recommended -10 mount.

Name:	Down pair.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	253348

Name:	SD95 mount line.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	484.8 KB 
ID:	253349
    New ski left, 16/17 to the right

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    More happy faces here!

Hey, they've stepped up quite a few notches on the finish. They look so much sharper than my previous ones! Great job Down!

But just a heads up, check/ measure the mount line. I don't know the reason but the SD95 mount point is marked a good two cm forward of the one on the 16/17 vintage, whereas the website info still states a recommended -10 mount.
    That's interesting re:finish. One reason I pulled the trigger is that I had heard they were already very nicely finished skis. So now just even nicer?

That's interesting re:finish. One reason I pulled the trigger is that I had heard they were already very nicely finished skis. So now just even nicer?
    Top sheets and sidewalls are nothing short of awesome, way better than 16/17, haven't seen any 17/18 up close, can't comment on them. You gonna dig the 104L's for sure. Crossing my fingers that durability will be on par with the mirror like finish!

double post, sorry :/

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    More happy faces here!

Name:	Down pair.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	253348

Name:	SD95 mount line.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	484.8 KB 
ID:	253349
    New ski left, 16/17 to the right
    Always check as this is a very labor intensive and challenging process step. You might see some pencil marks on the skis

Thanks again for all the love and support!! This makes all those sleepless nights more bearable
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Always check as this is a very labor intensive and challenging process step. You might see some pencil marks on the skis

Thanks again for all the love and support!! This makes all those sleepless nights more bearable
    So follow recommendation on website then? Not whatever is printed on top-sheet.

So follow recommendation on website then? Not whatever is printed on top-sheet.
    Yessir!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TGR Forums mobile app
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Ice coast shipment checking in. Received the four pairs today (CD 104's, CD 104L), will get these mounted up. Can't wait to try these out. Thanks again to all of the folks who jumped into the group buy!

What kind of heavy metal is used in the layup?
    Anthrax?
    Judas Priest?
    vintage Black Sabbath?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Anthrax?
    Judas Priest?
    vintage Black Sabbath?
    In honor of myself and where I live, I always insist on Norwegian black metal during the layup and pressing phases, but vintage sabbath works best during finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    In honor of myself and where I live, I always insist on Norwegian black metal during the layup and pressing phases, but vintage sabbath works best during finishing.

well if anyone wasn't sure about buying before, you have NO reason not to now!

Not going to lie, but holy shit are these beautiful looking skis and love the profiles... Well done and would dig a pair of 115s, but think I am to BIG...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Yessir!
    if the mounting instructions on the top sheet is off, might i suggest reverting to ON3Ps standard of indent on the left sidewall? Or placing a sticker on the mount point as a part of the finishing process?

I have never built a ski so i might be talking out of my ass here, but if aligning the top sheet with the actual dimensions of the ski is that labour intensive, how is it not spot on (+/- a few mm) every time? A couple of cm seem to be quite a bit off. And yeah, i do realize that top sheet markings being off is a bit of a par for the course thing from all ski manufacturers, but minimizing the chance for mounting errors by the end user - especially in a direct sales model - seems to be in both your and the end users interest.

other than that - mighty fine looking skis - sensational pricing! CD 104L just made the short list of light touring skis - or it is the top runner, specs and pricing is on point!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    if the mounting instructions on the top sheet is off, might i suggest reverting to ON3Ps standard of indent on the left sidewall? Or placing a sticker on the mount point as a part of the finishing process?

I have never built a ski so i might be talking out of my ass here, but if aligning the top sheet with the actual dimensions of the ski is that labour intensive, how is it not spot on (+/- a few mm) every time? A couple of cm seem to be quite a bit off. And yeah, i do realize that top sheet markings being off is a bit of a par for the course thing from all ski manufacturers, but minimizing the chance for mounting errors by the end user - especially in a direct sales model - seems to be in both your and the end users interest.

other than that - mighty fine looking skis - sensational pricing! CD 104L just made the short list of light touring skis - or it is the top runner, specs and pricing is on point!
    If I didn't have the standard CD 104s, I likely would have pulled the trigger on a set of "L's", instead of the CD114s. Part of me is kicking myself that I didn't order two pairs this year, but I didn't want to be too greedy and the standard CD 104s aren't exactly heavy ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

yeah - their skis seem pretty bang on. Having gotten three new pairs of ON3Ps recently though, there is at best the opening for a fourth pair to fill the remaining quiver "hole" - a light weight 100mm+ versatile touring slayer. CD104Ls seem to fit the ticket. SkinnyWildcats do though, but are a bit on the wide side and a lot more expensive when everything is said and done. Time will tell if i get a pair - might wait for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Anthrax?
    Judas Priest?
    vintage Black Sabbath?

Name:	IMG_7026.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	253488
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post

Name:	IMG_7026.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	253488
    me want!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

Any method has its issues, and currently, mounting marks are added to the topsheet after the skis have been finished. We wanted to do it this way in order to make it user friendly (mount here, single line, in theory correctly placed), but there seems to be no way to get it right every time.

I think we´ll move to a slightly different solution for the coming lines, more or less like we did with the TD´s this year. It makes for an extra step of measuring before mounting, but I think it´ll be worth it as this can be printed directly on the topsheet, and saves on labor and time without the pretense of being exact. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-11-01 09_07_18-Window 2.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	887.3 KB 
ID:	253489