Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -E- View Post
    Hi all. First TGR post. Have a couple pair of CD104 from past group buys. CD104 in a 188 and CD104L in a 181 for touring. I'm a huge fan and hope the are back on line this year.
    Cheers
    Thought for a second you were offering those up for sale and I peed a little.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Looking at grabbing the 114Ls in gearswap for winter touring. Any reason not to slide the mount back 1-2cm for better tip float? 8cm from center is a bit forward of my other skis and is making me hesitate but they otherwise look good. Plan would be to mount with light tech binders.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Looking at grabbing the 114Ls in gearswap for winter touring. Any reason not to slide the mount back 1-2cm for better tip float? 8cm from center is a bit forward of my other skis and is making me hesitate but they otherwise look good. Plan would be to mount with light tech binders.
    I don't know if this helps, but I mounted my standard 114s on the line and they feel good to me - plenty of float. By "the line", I mean the references posted earlier in this thread (I never go by silkscreened marks, if possible).

For reference, I've mounted various pairs of Praxis GPOs anywhere from -1 to -1.75 and have liked them there. I used to think of myself as someone who drives the front of his boots quite hard. With flatter boots and decreased ramp angles, I'd say my technique has shifted just a bit back ... toward a mid-forward stance (by no means, new school).

Another point of reference ... I'm getting ready to put some touring bindings on an old pair of Automatic 109s. Their "team line" is at -9, and it feels a bit forward for my tastes. If I can avoid holes, I'll shift it back to -10.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

CD114 on the line as well. My favorite do it all ski.
    Hope they come back. Was planning on a new pair next group buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya haven’t skied the 114 but my other down skis I have enjoyed at +1ish, and I’m not a jibby center mount guy at all. I’d try at recommended

Their social media is still pretty dead
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

They just posted on insta... https://www.instagram.com/p/CFrhjiWlAhR/

The message for those off soc media...

Down?? Yes we are alive!!!!!

After a very challenging last winter for all of us it has been decided DOWN will not launch a full lineup this season.

The pandemic has hit DOWN financially hard like many others in the ski industry. From small ski shops to local ski areas to guides to...the list is long....2020 is one to forget (from a business perspective). So after 10 plus years working night and day to keep this small independent ski company alive it is time for a pause to focus on family, health, and hopefully a lot more skiing! We will also use this extra time to revitalize, refocus, and rethink DOWN and ensure we are continuing to deliver on our mission.

I know this will come as a disappointment to our very loyal DOWN supporters but after a TON of thought it is the right thing to do this winter.

So are you going out of business? No!!! We are actually working on some limited edition releases for this winter...but at our pace not the normal industry cycle Please stay tuned here and sign up for our newsletter.

Where have you been? Sorry. Our response time to emails and social has been a little off over the past weeks as this difficult decision weighed hard but we are back so give us a few days to get up to speed.

How can you help? We will be relaunching our soft goods site soon so buy a few Ts...or buy skis???? We have a few left overs from last year at great deals. Grab them fast or tell a friend!! If you don’t see what you want drop us a mail and we will see what we can do

So this is not a goodbye but we really want to thank all the people that have and continue to support DOWN. Much love and here’s to a great winter!!!! #getdown #thankyouforthesupport #winter2021

so stoked to read that. I’d dig on a Down hoodie too….

Smart move by the boys to navigate these challenging times. Let's support them by buying some soft goods.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'm in for some swag. Glad they're still around!

Hate to shit on the hope train but that post is from over a year ago..

Been emailing w Gregor... just had some planks delivered ordered just over a month ago.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf122 View Post
    Hate to shit on the hope train but that post is from over a year ago..
    Yeah, but also, they actually just added/shared an event on their Insta, so a little sign of life!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_20211021_.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	389746

Sorry re message copied in above. I guess that was real stale. I got some msg pop up that they posted, and that was the most recent I saw. But I guess it was that “lab is on” vid above - vague but promising?

Just posting because there are a few left; the SD105 187s absolutely kill it for inbounds fresh snow and crud. Previously skied them exclusively in shit snow, so this was nice. Can do SG and SL turns, kinda depends how hard you push them. As previously stated, no real speed limit. Go buy yours now.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Got my first day on my 114L last weekend mounted at -1 with Salomon mtn. Felt great in the pow but want the tails a bit looser in the chop getting back to the car (compared to my super goat inbounds powder skis). Should I just detune heavily from the contact point to the tail to release a bit easier?

The 4 pairs of Down I've skied have required the most aggressive detuning I've ever done on any ski. Definitely take a coarse gummy to the last foot of the ski or they'll never want to get out of a turn.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The 4 pairs of Down I've skied have required the most aggressive detuning I've ever done on any ski. Definitely take a coarse gummy to the last foot of the ski or they'll never want to get out of a turn.
    Facts yo. Mine came a bit railed in the tail too. A lite grind + detune transformed the skis.

Thanks will hit it with a file contact point to tail. Probably won’t ever be as loose as a bg with a pin tail and further back mount but I’ll either live with that or give on3p more money.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Thanks will hit it with a file contact point to tail. Probably won’t ever be as loose as a bg with a pin tail and further back mount but I’ll either live with that or give on3p more money.
    If they still misbehave remount them 2 to 4 cm back. There were some issues with the center mark position on the topsheet for a while so unless you measured from the tail (details in this thread somewhere) your mount might be more centered than you think even at -1. I mounted mine on the line and they were a giant pain in the ass, I couldn't do a kickturn without stepping on the gigantic tails and I felt like I was on a pair of park skis. I remounted them 4cm back (which is probably -2 in real life) and they're great. I could have gone 6cm back to make them feel more like a Lotus120, the tail is fairly stiff and supportive enough that the ski benefits from being mounted way back (assuming you want to ski them fast).

I measured like 5 times and am at -9 from center. Graphics were off both front to back and side to side which made me extra paranoid doing a paper mount.
    I only have one day on them and they felt great until I hit heavy chop coming back to the car so probably leaving where they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    If they still misbehave remount them 2 to 4 cm back. There were some issues with the center mark position on the topsheet for a while so unless you measured from the tail (details in this thread somewhere) your mount might be more centered than you think even at -1. I mounted mine on the line and they were a giant pain in the ass, I couldn't do a kickturn without stepping on the gigantic tails and I felt like I was on a pair of park skis. I remounted them 4cm back (which is probably -2 in real life) and they're great. I could have gone 6cm back to make them feel more like a Lotus120, the tail is fairly stiff and supportive enough that the ski benefits from being mounted way back (assuming you want to ski them fast).

Anyone know the factory edges on the CD104? I dug up 1/1 for the LD90s. Same for the CD104s? Thx

I'm 95% sure that you're right -- 1/1.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    I'm 95% sure that you're right -- 1/1.
    Thank you sir

Any hope of a re-boot? My SD95s are about ready for a refresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.