Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Pm dschane and he will be able to give you what you need
    ^^^ what he said ^^^ @dschane will be communicating via e-mail to purchasers.

Also, get on the thread in gear swap (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-U-S-Group-Buy).

The anticipated ordering deadline is the first week in October. I seem to recall a couple of maggots in the PNW who are ordering, so shipping to the Seattle area ought to end up working for you.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Pm dschane and he will be able to give you what you need
    I've been trying but apparently I don't even have permission to send PM's at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
    I've been trying but apparently I don't even have permission to send PM's at the moment
    gotta make at least 5 or 10 posts iirc. here's an easy place to dump some: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Maggots/page74

Send me your email address using the contact link on my website in my signature line.

I'll shoot it over to @dschane for you (I'll be at my laptop later in the day and will do it then).

In the past, the post minimum was low (3?) before you could do stuff. Maybe it's changed.

(Edit) I see mall walker's comment. Do that, but feel free to email me if you get stuck. I see you only have 2 posts at the moment. One more ought to do ya.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Hoping I can find a friend in Seattle (or closer) and get myself another set of skis shipped there and drive across the border to pick 'em up.
    If you don't find someone closer and aren't in a hurry. I've got relatives in Vancouver who could mule them over on their way home from Portland at the end of November.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    If you don't find someone closer and aren't in a hurry. I've got relatives in Vancouver who could mule them over on their way home from Portland at the end of November.
    I’m in Vancouver fairly often for work and will be there the week of 10/10 and would be happy to ferry them up there. I drive up when I go, so no flight headaches or any of that noise.

edit: I live in the Portland, OR area

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I’m in Vancouver fairly often for work and will be there the week of 10/10 and would be happy to ferry them up there. I drive up when I go, so no flight headaches or any of that noise.

edit: I live in the Portland, OR area
    I'll be out of the country first few weeks of October but I might be able to have someone grab them off of you in Vancouver. Although Oct 10 seems optimistic that the skis will have made their way across the pond by then.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Send me your email address using the contact link on my website in my signature line.

I'll shoot it over to @dschane for you (I'll be at my laptop later in the day and will do it then).
    Done - thanks!

Oct 10 seems optimistic that the skis will have made their way across the pond by then.
    got mine last year around Dec 15

I'll be out of the country first few weeks of October but I might be able to have someone grab them off of you in Vancouver. Although Oct 10 seems optimistic that the skis will have made their way across the pond by then.

Done - thanks!
    No worries. I will likely be back up that way in both Nov and Dec, again, I’m up there frequently. Let me know if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    got mine last year around Dec 15
    That's a reasonable production/delivery schedule. Considering we're finalizing orders sometime around October 7th, a two month lead time for manufacturing and getting them to this side of the pond is really quick.

Any sooner, and we might be tempted to test them out as rock skis I'll be happy to see them by the end of December/early January.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

On another note... anyone here got first hand experience skiing the CD114? I got the 114L as my go-to touring ski last winter. Super happy with it. Now I want the regular CD114 for work

that floral topsheet on the TD105, though...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    that floral topsheet on the TD105, though...

I know, it's a beaut ...

On another note... anyone here got first hand experience skiing the CD114? I got the 114L as my go-to touring ski last winter. Super happy with it. Now I want the regular CD114 for work
    I'm curious to hear more comments as well, although based on my CD 104 experiences (not CD 104-L), I can't envision changing my order from a CD 114.

If the "L" came in a shorter size (180-184 range), I might be tempted.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-21-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Galibier Design

Who has skied the SD105? Thoughts? Compare to the CD104?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Who has skied the SD105? Thoughts? Compare to the CD104?
    Don't do this to me;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Don't do this to me;-)

... Thom
    Sorry if it has been covered. I’m to lazy to read through the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Sorry if it has been covered. I’m to lazy to read through the whole thread.
    It was more about me not going down the rabbit hole - paralysis by analysis.

Every year, I set my sites on skis based on optimism about how much 3D snow I'll get to ski (collecting more and more fat skis).

If logic prevailed, I'd be looking at a ski in the 95-105 width, but no one has ever accused me of being logical.

For the record, I think it was @N1CK who said that the SD95s rail on groomers and are pretty respectable (predictable) in soft stuff.

Reading between the lines, my sense is that my goldilocks low tide, inbounds ski would fall somewhere between the CD 104 & the SD95 - a heavy core CD 104, for example.

I love my CD104s so much (mounted for touring) that I'll likely stick with their fatter brother - the 114s for this year's new ski.

Given the softer snow bias of the 114, combined with having more mass than the 104, it might render either my GPOs or Qs to gear swap. IOW, I'll ultimately address the imbalance in my quiver ... or not.

Having said that, I'm still debating a 187 CD 104.

Edit - scroll up to @N1CK's comments in post #52 in this thread.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-22-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Galibier Design

I usually obsess over profile more than sidecut, and I think I naturally gravitate toward a certain radius, but I just realized yesterday that the LD102 has a 41m radius, which kind of blew me away. The CD104 is something like 25m, which is still considered big, but 41m seems like it must be on a whole different level. I get that a bigger radius puts a ski on the slarve end of the carve/slarve spectrum. I understand that it would also lend stability in chop and on nasty weather-formed surfaces.

Is there another reason to go so big on turning radius with this ski?

I usually obsess over profile more than sidecut, and I think I naturally gravitate toward a certain radius, but I just realized yesterday that the LD102 has a 41m radius, which kind of blew me away. The CD104 is something like 25m, which is still considered big, but 41m seems like it must be on a whole different level. I get that a bigger radius puts a ski on the slarve end of the carve/slarve spectrum. I understand that it would also lend stability in chop and on nasty weather-formed surfaces.

Is there another reason to go so big on turning radius with this ski?
    Predictability, easy pivots in tight places, good stability even at low weights and a frictionless feel are my main reasons for designing it with such a long sidecut radius.

In pow/soft conditions, you´re mainly skiing the profile, and variable radius "carved" turns are easy anyway.

In the end, I find skis with such a long radius to be superior in offpiste conditions, mainly because it feels like you have superpowers, being able to go super fast, yet shut it down at a moments notice. Even if you don´t, the skis themselves feel limitless.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Paging @SiSt . I learned from the french speaking Skipass forums that the flex on SD95 have allegedly varied over the years, claiming that 16/17 were firm, 17/18 were softer and for 18/19 it is supposed to be even firmer than before. Could you shed some light on this subject please?

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Paging @SiSt . I learned from the french speaking Skipass forums that the flex on SD95 have allegedly varied over the years, claiming that 16/17 were firm, 17/18 were softer and for 18/19 it is supposed to be even firmer than before. Could you shed some light on this subject please?
    Yeah.

17/18 was plagued with production issues, and we replaced quite a few of them with 18/19 versions.

18/19 is same core /flex as the 16/17, but has some more camber, making them snappier and stiffer-feeling on snow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TGR Forums mobile app
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Yeah.

17/18 was plagued with production issues, and we replaced quite a few of them with 18/19 versions.

18/19 is same core /flex as the 16/17, but has some more camber, making them snappier and stiffer-feeling on snow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thanks for confirming!

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Even if you don't, the skis themselves feel limitless.
    Thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'm 203cm (6'8") tall. I'm pretty skinny, and usually size a ski for my weight (185lbs=84kg), instead of height. 184cm to 192cm is the sweet spot, but it varies above or below depending on the ski.

Since the 186cm LD102 is unavailable this year, I'm having a hard time deciding whether to try my luck with the 179 LD102 or just go with the 187 CD104L.

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'm 203cm (6'8") tall. I'm pretty skinny, and usually size a ski for my weight (185lbs=84kg), instead of height. 184cm to 192cm is the sweet spot, but it varies above or below depending on the ski.

Since the 186cm LD102 is unavailable this year, I'm having a hard time deciding whether to try my luck with the 179 LD102 or just go with the 187 CD104L.
    if I were you I'd go 187