Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 241
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    781
    Any beta on the countdown 110?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    How stiff is the SD95?
    Tips and forebody are really firm, also firm but not much more under foot, then the tails are really stiff, almost 190Qlab stiff. I did some comparison to the Girish previously in the thread, and under foot they're similar but Nordica's tips and even more so the tails are softer.

    SD95 overall flex is somewhat similar to Ross E100, but the very tip where Down is stiffer and tails where Down is significantly stiffer while E100 being a little stiffer under foot. I'd say SD95 underfoot is similar to -18 Wren 108, but the ON3P's tips and tails are way softer.

    The SD95 flex curve is quite similar to Qlab's in that it goes from really stiff in the rear to slightly less stiff up front. Overall the Qlabs are stiffer though.

    Hope that helps!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Tips and forebody are really firm, also firm but not much more under foot, then the tails are really stiff, almost 190Qlab stiff. I did some comparison to the Girish previously in the thread, and under foot they're similar but Nordica's tips and even more so the tails are softer.

    SD95 overall flex is somewhat similar to Ross E100, but the very tip where Down is stiffer and tails where Down is significantly stiffer while E100 being a little stiffer under foot. I'd say SD95 underfoot is similar to -18 Wren 108, but the ON3P's tips and tails are way softer.

    The SD95 flex curve is quite similar to Qlab's in that it goes from really stiff in the rear to slightly less stiff up front. Overall the Qlabs are stiffer though.

    Hope that helps!
    Nice! Sounds like a sweet ski.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Nice! Sounds like a sweet ski.
    It rips!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,752
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dt-cd102l-bout-to-drop.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	235219

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,750
    And now for something completely different, lol.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03042-lr.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	796.3 KB 
ID:	235364
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 05-09-2018 at 12:52 AM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    770
    Nice, those uber lights are perfect for those conditions.

    What do you think of the Contour skins?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,750
    ^ Skins are still in the bag, lol. No skinning in Socal this time of year, just booting. This chute is on San Gorgonio, tallest CA peak south of the Sierra.

    Skis were great, though the corn was perfect so probably anything would have been awesome. Will have to get them into some less pleasant conditions.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    781
    The ubers are lighter than the lowdowns yes?

    I've got a pair of CD110 186 in my living room. Measure 186.5 which is awesome. They weigh 1850 and 1900g which for a ski this size is a good combo I think. They hand flex real real soft, expect to use these as a pow bc ski pretty exclusively.

    My question: quiver kill them for rad 2 or shifts? They've got a kingpin mount previously so I don't think I can fit all 3

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    The ubers are lighter than the lowdowns yes?
    Pretty sure it's the same. That is the WY8s and Lowdowns have same lightweight cores. 1000-oaks' pair are short and skinny, 171 cm and 89mm, so they're feathers. Great for spring corn.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Pretty sure it's the same. That is the WY8s and Lowdowns have same lightweight cores. 1000-oaks' pair are short and skinny, 171 cm and 89mm, so they're feathers. Great for spring corn.
    Cool. Im loving the other end of the lightweight spectrum. 186 LD102s. Measured 1600g. Cant imagine what those 171 89s weigh!! Real feathers

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,750
    Considering that corn was almost ten miles and 4,000 feet vert from the road, the lack of weight was most welcome!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Considering that corn was almost ten miles and 4,000 feet vert from the road, the lack of weight was most welcome!
    now that's how you harvest corn!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SoCal. SoVT.
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    The SD95 are truly carve-the-shit-how-hard-you-like type of skis that still will hold their own beside groomed areas as well. I have no time on og Enforcers but I do on their wider brother Girish. I'd say the the sensation on snow is similar to the Nordicas when it comes to snow contact, flex and damping, but of course the smaller SD95 with early taper tip and a little on tails, coupled with tighter sidecut is much more agile. My favorite allround frontsiders this far.

    I have not had mine in any deeper pow than about a foot of windblown. It won't float in pow as such, no surprise given width and all, but they're well behaved and predictable even if submerged. Also, with the slightest input of vertical effort or nose up attitude when carrying some speed, they will easily come up to the surface thanks to their tip rocker/tip shape. My feeling is that the torsional rigidity is greatly contributing to the predictable beavior under the surface. I haven't even detuned the tip sections.

    Sorry I can't compare to og Enforcers but the ShowDown 95 are keepers for sure!
    Looks like they're going on the definitely-buy list next year. Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

    dumbfuck.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    781
    no review on the cd110?

    I have true measures:

    1860g
    110mm
    186.5cm

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,342
    @dschane just started a pre-season group buy thread on gear swap (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-U-S-Group-Buy), and in past years, a lot of tech talk type conversations unfolded in those threads.

    Here's a primer of a few past threads with info to stoke ya ...


    This pair of CD 104s checked all of the boxes on my wish list from the earlier CD 102's I owned. Now to decide on either a 181 or 187 CD 104 for inbounds, or a 182 CD 114 for inbounds. 1st world problems and all that ...

    ... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    CD114 in trees has worked out well for me this season. It's the shorter version (189) and it's also the touring one (CD114L) which is bound to be more snappy than its heavier cousin which will help for tighter turns. I have no issues whatsoever in tight terrain and can turn them on a dime. That's basically my main complaint with them actually, I can't really let them run at speed, they insist on closing turns no matter how much I try to open things up. It's a bit odd considering they don't have too much early rise so the running length is significant and the turn radius is relatively large. I attribute this to the mounting point being really far forward, at least compared what I'm used to. They're a great all around soft snow ski when mounted on the line and I found myself skiing them pretty much every day this year and only wishing for my Lotus 120s once (the only days of heavy fast pow I got out on).

    For comparison, I find it easier to make big opened turns on my 179 LD 102s. They can be a bit squirrelly but once you get a rhythm going they're like rails. It's obviously not how they're meant to be skied though...
    I actually experienced the same with the (supposedly stiffer) 114M's in settled pow, a distinct twichyness from the tips. After heavily detuning (rounding off) the tips' edges back to more or less the widest point, that was a thing of the past. I believe that's a common issue with longish tapered tips.

    Late reply I know, but the recent updates of the thread (thanks Thom) made me reread it from the start, and hey, it's still August...

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Zurich
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Some mo' stuff on the CD 102 (widths have varied from 102 to 107 over the past few years ... current width is 104)
    The 102 shape stayed the same since the beginning (except for rocker profile and layup), the 107 (now 104) is a blend of the 102 and the 114

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,086
    Will they ever come out with a ski named the "Syndrome?"
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by selle View Post
    The 102 shape stayed the same since the beginning (except for rocker profile and layup), the 107 (now 104) is a blend of the 102 and the 114
    I love the evolution of the rocker.

    @auvgeek and I both thought the 2014 CD 102s had a bit of a squirrelly tip (I bought the skis from him).

    The 104's rocker is such that I can't imagine it being better balanced for this width/application. It handles difficult snow as if it were hero snow.

    Is the 114's rocker a bit more soft snow oriented? How does it differ from the 104's?

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    78 41′ 0″ N, 16 24′ 0″ E
    Posts
    1,490
    The annual presale is coming up on the 15th. Some new lengths available, a little special edition in honor of our freeride masters Mika and Solan and of course, the best prices of the year.

    As always, overseas shipping sucks, so we'll have to organize a group buy to make it viable. No huge rush on that, but prices will be fixed to presale levels.


    S

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TGR Forums mobile app
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    @dschane just started a pre-season group buy thread on gear swap (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-U-S-Group-Buy), and in past years, a lot of tech talk type conversations unfolded in those threads.

    Here's a primer of a few past threads with info to stoke ya ...


    This pair of CD 104s checked all of the boxes on my wish list from the earlier CD 102's I owned. Now to decide on either a 181 or 187 CD 104 for inbounds, or a 182 CD 114 for inbounds. 1st world problems and all that ...

    ... Thom
    I think Lindahl's review is of the 102 which became the LD102...not CD104.

    Anyone correct me?
    Buy used mount your own skis build a quiver

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I think Lindahl's review is of the 102 which became the LD102...not CD104.

    Anyone correct me?
    Typo on my part, I'll edit the post, above. It was however a review of the CD 4 which was a predecessor of the 2014 CD 102. He states this at the top of the review, and it's also the title of the thread.

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Given the title, this thread is currently poster child for:
    stoke pics or shut the fuck up.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,342
    Does anyone have experience with the SD95s and either the Wren or Kartel 98s?

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •