Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Those CD114 Special Editions are some of the sexiest skis I've seen. Too much overlap with my QLabs and BGs, but the sale price is really tempting. How do these prices compare to the pre-sale prices?
    Same prices as the preseason sale.

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    So, list of straight pull from tail to recommended mounting point:

CD114 (all layup versions are the same):
    182: 830mm
    189: 862mm
    196: 894mm

CD 104:
    181: 797mm
    187: 828mm

LD 102:
    179: 773mm
    186: 803mm

LD 90:
    177: 765mm

SD 105:
    187: 824mm
    202: 890mm

SD 95:
    184: 820mm

TD 105:
    182: 889mm
    172: 854mm

TD 89:
    181: 911mm (center mount, it´s symmetrical)

This is useful for me too, as I can reference this when doing next years´ graphics... :-D
    Spoiler. It was useful. Just finished the new marks for the whole line. :-D
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Spoiler. It was useful. Just finished the new marks for the whole line. :-D
    anything new for next year in the LD/touring series? I liked my LD90s enough to put about 200k' on them this season and I'm thinking of adding to the arsenal...

Pre-sale on now

I'm not sure if I missed it, do you have any beta on the CD 114 Bimboes edition? Last year's graphic was sick, and the new star circle one is somehow better!

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Finally got them mounted.Attachment 262419

Sent from my SM-G920F using TGR Forums mobile app

Trying to pay it forward - gauging interest in a maggot collaboration to demo Down skis in Colorado.

@Boissal is sending some CD 104s (187cm) my way, and I'm hoping to get some participation in mounting them up for sharing here in the Front Range, Summit County, etc.

I started this thread on Gear Swap:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o-Idea-(187cm)

My thoughts are to source some demo binders - either Warden MNC or Aaatack 14 ATs. Several of my buddies (along with me) don't own full on alpine boots, and I'll bet we're not alone in this regard.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

CO Mags, get in on this!
    The CD104L is one hell of a BC ski, light yet damp enough to never chatter and stable enough at speed that an idiot like me is finally tickling his physical speed limit (thighs just call it quits as opposed to the ski being the reason I can't push any harder).
    The non-light version is significantly heavier and I can't imagine how much better it will ski.

So anyone know what's up for 2020/2021? Also, Down: please please please ship to the US!!!! You'd get a minimum of 3 or 4 drunk orders a year just from me!!!!

That said, for realz: anything new? Anything the same? Boissal's got me thinking I really need some 104Ls... I'm already thinking I kinda want another pair of 102Ls... but I'd love to try something new too...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    CO Mags, get in on this!
    The CD104L is one hell of a BC ski, light yet damp enough to never chatter and stable enough at speed that an idiot like me is finally tickling his physical speed limit (thighs just call it quits as opposed to the ski being the reason I can't push any harder).
    The non-light version is significantly heavier and I can't imagine how much better it will ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    So anyone know what's up for 2020/2021? Also, Down: please please please ship to the US!!!! You'd get a minimum of 3 or 4 drunk orders a year just from me!!!!

That said, for realz: anything new? Anything the same? Boissal's got me thinking I really need some 104Ls... I'm already thinking I kinda want another pair of 102Ls... but I'd love to try something new too...
    Yeah, getting shut down early this year - shortly after receiving a pair of new (to me) 104Ls. All I can do is stare at them and dream about getting out on them.

In the shop (very scientific, you know ), they're incredibly damp. With the tail on the floor and holding them above the toe piece, I pulled back the tip and let go. The "boiiiing" damps out really quickly - makes my 2014 Billy Goats look like a limp noodle in comparison.

I suspect that after one or two days on them, I'll find my regular 104s to be redundant. I think my older (burgundy topsheet) CD 104s are midway in robustness between the CD 10Ls and the current production CD 104s (about 300g lighter in 181 vs. the current 187 CD 104s) - at least judging from the "demo" skis I mentioned a few posts above.

As a matter of fact, if anyone would like my burgundy CD 104s, I'll send 'em to ya for $125 clear to me (price police me - I got them from @Rudy for $250 and they're in the same shape as when I bought them). They're in great shape with a fiberglass epoxy plug for a Dynafit Vertical mount, and inserts for Vipecs - on the line for BSL=297. Going from memory (I can weigh them) they're a tick under 1800g.

What I'm really interested in is a 182 length in the CD 114L.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Been looking around at the Spring sales and need to say I sure hope we get another US sale. Been four years since my last pair of touring skis and ready for a new pair. Holding my cash.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yeah, getting shut down early this year - shortly after receiving a pair of new (to me) 104Ls. All I can do is stare at them and dream about getting out on them.

In the shop (very scientific, you know ), they're incredibly damp. With the tail on the floor and holding them above the toe piece, I pulled back the tip and let go. The "boiiiing" damps out really quickly - makes my 2014 Billy Goats look like a limp noodle in comparison.

I suspect that after one or two days on them, I'll find my regular 104s to be redundant. I think my older (burgundy topsheet) CD 104s are midway in robustness between the CD 10Ls and the current production CD 104s (about 300g lighter in 181 vs. the current 187 CD 104s) - at least judging from the "demo" skis I mentioned a few posts above.

As a matter of fact, if anyone would like my burgundy CD 104s, I'll send 'em to ya for $125 clear to me (price police me - I got them from @Rudy for $250 and they're in the same shape as when I bought them). They're in great shape with a fiberglass epoxy plug for a Dynafit Vertical mount, and inserts for Vipecs - on the line for BSL=297. Going from memory (I can weigh them) they're a tick under 1800g.

What I'm really interested in is a 182 length in the CD 114L.

... Thom
    if you decide to get rid of any vintage of 104 I’m interested fwiw

I’m assuming those are 181s right? I reckon I’ll be purchasing a pair of 104s or 104Ls come group buy time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck I'm kinda glad to hear they don't - the website sure made it seem like they'd ship to the US - you could pick it from a dropdown menu. Was looking the other day...definitely may have been 16 credit card numbers away from buying some cd114L's on the *sweet* sale down is having right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Fuck I'm kinda glad to hear they don't - the website sure made it seem like they'd ship to the US - you could pick it from a dropdown menu. Was looking the other day...definitely may have been 16 credit card numbers away from buying some cd114L's on the *sweet* sale down is having right now.
    WAT. if they are, it’s news to me...

I think my older (burgundy topsheet) CD 104s are midway in robustness between the CD 10Ls and the current production CD 104s (about 300g lighter in 181 vs. the current 187 CD 104s) - at least judging from the "demo" skis I mentioned a few posts above.
    Yeah, I can support these thoughts. I picked up the last pair of regular CD104 (187) just a few weeks ago. They came in at 4.1 kg for the pair and carries a real sturdy flex. They surprised me quite a bit in regards to both weight and flex (I have the 104L in 181 since before).

My plans for these are to set them up for a multi role capacity as a Swiss Army knife type travel/adventure/alpine/tour skis primarily for resorts and short hops skinning or hiking. Plan is to install inserts for both Wardens and tech and will be driven by mildly beefed up Cosmos 3 boots. I have skied these boots in Wardens on alpine skis and I really like how they sit in those binders ramp-wise. Plus, should I want to use the RX's in them, I do not have to alter the delta. Win win.

On paper, Shifts would be ideal for this role, and I've been contemplating Shifts for a setup like this for a long time, but what's holding me back is the delta increase with iso 9523 soles in alpine mode in those, as to my understanding, the afd has to be lowered quite a bit to accomondate those soles. Anybody delta sensitive out there who has used iso 9523 in shifts that care to comment?

I could of course shim the toes, but then ramp/delta would be off should I opt for skiing them in alpine boots...

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Yeah, I can support these thoughts. I picked up the last pair of regular CD104 (187) just a few weeks ago. They came in at 4.1 kg for the pair and carries a real sturdy flex. They surprised me quite a bit in regards to both weight and flex (I have the 104L in 181 since before).

My plans for these are to set them up for a multi role capacity as a Swiss Army knife type travel/adventure/alpine/tour skis primarily for resorts and short hops skinning or hiking. Plan is to install inserts for both Wardens and tech and will be driven by mildly beefed up Cosmos 3 boots. I have skied these boots in Wardens on alpine skis and I really like how they sit in those binders ramp-wise. Plus, should I want to use the RX's in them, I do not have to alter the delta. Win win.

On paper, Shifts would be ideal for this role, and I've been contemplating Shifts for a setup like this for a long time, but what's holding me back is the delta increase with iso 9523 soles in alpine mode in those, as to my understanding, the afd has to be lowered quite a bit to accomondate those soles. Anybody delta sensitive out there who has used iso 9523 in shifts that care to comment?

I could of course shim the toes, but then ramp/delta would be off should I opt for skiing them in alpine boots...
    Remember that the iso 9523 are thicker soles, so in theory it shouldn't change the delta as much by lowering the afd.

I think

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    I’m assuming those are 181s right? I reckon I’ll be purchasing a pair of 104s or 104Ls come group buy time.

Ya, they're 181s. I'm pretty sure @mall walker has dibs on them.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Remember that the iso 9523 are thicker soles, so in theory it shouldn't change the delta as much by lowering the afd.

I think
    Well, compared to Wardens for example, where the afd stays put and the top of the toe piece is raised to accomodate iso 9523, the Shift solution will lead to a delta change. This was also commented in the Shift thread, but I have not read any first hand experience in there. Maybe I should cross post the question there too.

Any rumors on the 20/21 lineup? I've been getting used to some CD104s in the heavy layup and remembering why I always must have at least 1 pair of Down skis in the quiver...

edit: I see I made this same post barely 2 weeks ago. in the meantime, I bought Thom's CD104s! quarantine is boring

I’m in the group hoping for a CD114L in the 180-182 range...

Any rumors on the 20/21 lineup? I've been getting used to some CD104s in the heavy layup and remembering why I always must have at least 1 pair of Down skis in the quiver...

edit: I see I made this same post barely 2 weeks ago. in the meantime, I bought Thom's CD104s! quarantine is boring
    And me ... waiting out the apocalypse ... staring at a freshly mounted pair of 104Ls that I think are the 104's replacement. It's torture ... staring at them and not skiing them.

A 114L in 182 would be the shit. Somehow, I'm guessing that with the added economic uncertainty, we won't see any new length choices, but one can hope.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

And me ... waiting out the apocalypse ... staring at a freshly mounted pair of 104Ls that I think are the 104's replacement. It's torture ... staring at them and not skiing them.

A 114L in 182 would be the shit. Somehow, I'm guessing that with the added economic uncertainty, we won't see any new length choices, but one can hope.

... Thom
    Economic uncertainty be damned, I'd like to see a fatter 114L, say a 122 or so in a 190 length. I've spent a lot of time on the 104L and it's basically taken over from the 114L which is a tad too heavy considering the limited benefit of the extra 10 mm of girth. Now a loooooong radius 120ish-waisted ski with no camber, (or even, dare I ask for it, a couple mm or reverse over the length of the ski) and a slight pintail and really long but low shovel. Preferably coming in at max 1900 g per ski. Make it without edges to save weight, that ski would only ever see Wasatch fluff...
    I'd buy a few pairs.

I've got 3 days on my (Thom's old) 181 CD104s and I'm pretty damn impressed so far. I've skied absolutely nothing but the worst imaginable snow conditions, including some steep "probably don't fall here" kind of places, and they're great. I can see having a 2-ski quiver of the CD104 and the CD104L for bigger days, lol. Maybe a 3 ski CD104 quiver, because I kind of want a heavy CD104 with race bindings (my current ones have Vipecs, which I am grudgingly learning to appreciate the virtue of)

It would be worth doing just to see the look on my wife's face when I explain why I need 3 pairs of the same ski!

...the 114L which is a tad too heavy considering the limited benefit of the extra 10 mm of girth...
    Blasphemous! At this rate you'll be wearing spandex and I'll be lugging around BGs with Shifts!

Edit: as with the LD90, the only change I'd make to the CD104 so far is to lower the shovel a couple cms. 3 or 4cm tip rocker height is plenty for this ski imo.

Blasphemous! At this rate you'll be wearing spandex and I'll be lugging around BGs with Shifts!
    HA! Unlikely... I always want a lighter ski at the end of the winter when I'm skiing weird snow and doing big days roasting in the sun. Mid-winter when there's pow everywhere I don't even look at the light skis, they go to the upper shelf of the ski rack so I don't even have to think about them.

Economic uncertainty be damned, I'd like to see a fatter 114L, say a 122 or so in a 190 length. I've spent a lot of time on the 104L and it's basically taken over from the 114L which is a tad too heavy considering the limited benefit of the extra 10 mm of girth. Now a loooooong radius 120ish-waisted ski with no camber, (or even, dare I ask for it, a couple mm or reverse over the length of the ski) and a slight pintail and really long but low shovel. Preferably coming in at max 1900 g per ski. Make it without edges to save weight, that ski would only ever see Wasatch fluff...
    I'd buy a few pairs.
    Bmt 122