Beaver Mountain Music Festival!! August 17/18.

I just heard about this, i'm skipping Targhee Bluegrass in favor of it, stoked!

Secondish year, 45 minutes from Logan UT, <4 hours from Victor/JH. Blue/jamgrass, DJ's, two days two stages, goes til 1am, byob. A bunch of super-solid semi-local touring acts, bands you might see at the Belly Up, State Room, Fox/Boulder Theater, etc. link

I really think this will be the transition year, that it is going to fkn GO OFF, and the few people lucky enough to be there will be telling stories about it for years to come as the crowds get bigger and bigger.

Friday:

Main Stage

Kitchen Dwellers
    Pixie and the Partygrass Boys
    Jesse Walker
    Brodyizm
    William G. Kidd
    Momma Long Legs
    Hail the Harvest

Forest Stage:

Ahee
    llloom
    Miss DJ Lux
    TelePathiQ
    Doctor Barber
    Sales & Co.

Saturday:

Main Stage

Kyle Hollingsworth Band (of The String Cheese Incident)
    Dead Floyd
    Diggabeatz
    Sarah Anne DeGraw and the Odd Jobs
    SuperBubble
    Sammy Brue and the Grinders
    Mojave Nomads
    Panthermilk

Forest Stage:

VNDMG
    Dekai
    AudioFlo
    Jesse Walker
    Earthestra
    Strange Familia
    Reckless Uprising
    Jupiter w/ AudioFlo
    Big Sis
    Pine
    Treebeard Trio
    Wade Evans

Moar details from their site:

We will have an Cosmic Recess Playground, mountain bike trails at the ski resort, mini-half pipe and skate competitions, and several art installations to keep your mind and body active.

This year’s Beaver Mountain Music Festival will feature a Children’s Village including the Adventure Zone’s bouncy house and carnival games, On Chord Academy’s Musical Petting Zoo featuring hands-on instrument instruction for children, face painting, balloon art, and more. We will also have several non-profit organizations providing nature education for children.

We will host several non-profit organizations, at no charge, working to make a difference for our communities and environment. At Smile Event Productions, we use the music to gather the masses and then try to get them involved with the great organizations working on the many issues we face today.
    ----------------------------------------

Right now the two-day tix are still $45 (for both fkn days!!) and a few car camping sites (10'x25') are still available for $25. I'm getting two so I can bring the pop-up. If any mags decide to head up I'll bring a keg of killah IPA from Wildlife Brewing (for hydration purposes). Holla!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Damn, looks like fun. Not sure I can pull it off with Pearl Jam on the 13th. Ghee festivals are getting a tad tired.

Tempting for a weekend moto trip.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

BHA Utah is in talks of setting up a booth, but its opening weekend of Elk season in Utah, so that is a tough sell for me!
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    BHA Utah is in talks of setting up a booth, but its opening weekend of Elk season in Utah, so that is a tough sell for me!
    Thanks for the heads up, i'll take some orange for my morning jog.

[like that's gonna happen after raging til 1am...]
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Turns out that I'm not going to be taking time off for this, so I can hang in the Yucatan for a full 17 days this fall. I have two 10'x25' camping spots up for sale, same $20 i paid. It's going to be a blast, hit me up!