Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Tech Talk

Gun Tech Talk

The OG thread had a great run, but it's jumped the shark.

LVS rulez for this thread:

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE DISCUSSION OF FIREARMS RELATED TO THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF FIREARMS AND THEIR ACCESSORIES.

ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD RELATE TO LEGAL SPORTING USES. HUNTING, PLINKING, AND TARGET SHOOTING. AVOID DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO HOT BUTTON ISSUES.

NO POLYASS - LEFT OR RIGHT WING. NO REPOSTING NRA STATS OR MOMS DEMAND ACTION OR WHATEVER. NO DEBATING OR DISCUSSING NFA/CCW/RIGHT TO CARRY/ANY OTHER GUN LAWS.

NO POSTING OF NSFW CONTENT.

Those looking to troll, please go to the padded room thread.

Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-28-2.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	232193
    Ruger Super Redhawk. Holster going to customer using it for Handgun Hunting.

Can you guys make one like that in more of a multicam pattern for a 5” 1911? Doesn’t need to be exactly multicam, coyote brown would even work.

Thanks, LVS.

I've asked this before, but in case ideas have evolved...

Which stock should I buy to replace the cracked one on my old Rem 760 Gamemaster .270? Boyd's was suggested before.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Can you guys make one like that in more of a multicam pattern for a 5” 1911? Doesn’t need to be exactly multicam, coyote brown would even work.
    Yep. We have Crye licensed Multicam. You want fabric or print? Shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thanks, LVS.

I've asked this before, but in case ideas have evolved...

Which stock should I buy to replace the cracked one on my old Rem 760 Gamemaster .270? Boyd's was suggested before.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/REMINGTON-7...8AAOSwXXVayOMw

Boyds only makes foreends for the 760 it appears. I'd see if a Remington 870 stock would fit on the 760? Might work with a little hand fitment.

Ok, I'll check it out. Thx

Handgun hunting? What game? What round?

This morning I had a brief biz meeting with a guy who shot off one of his fingers with a semi-auto handgun while showing his friend safe operation. I told him those kinds of episodes (see also Chicago drummer Terry Kath's accidental death) are why my two sidearms are revolvers. He agreed, said he sold his semis and is sticking with revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Handgun hunting? What game? What round?
    .44 magnum, deer in brush, >100 yards.

I’m torn between the Sig P226 and and FN FNX to compliment my 1911. I want another .45ACP handgun, but one that’s not another 1911. For a revolver, that Ruger Super Redhawk sure is nice tho my wife is smitten with the Kimber. I’m not sure about it tho.

Bravo. Anyone have a Remington R25 GII, or DPMS GII Hunter? Thinking either of those 308's would be a nice addition, .223 is kinda anemic.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I’m torn between the Sig P226 and and FN FNX to compliment my 1911. I want another .45ACP handgun, but one that’s not another 1911. For a revolver, that Ruger Super Redhawk sure is nice tho my wife is smitten with the Kimber. I’m not sure about it tho.
    I'd go P220 if you want a .45 - personally would go with something that has a threaded barrel so you can get a can for it.

A P220 10mm might be my next gun purchase.

I've owned the FNX .45 but sold it. Too big and didn't like the combo safety/decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'd go P220 if you want a .45 - personally would go with something that has a threaded barrel so you can get a can for it.

A P220 10mm might be my next gun purchase.

I've owned the FNX .45 but sold it. Too big and didn't like the combo safety/decocker.
    Thanks for the beta on the FNX. I was concerned along those same lines after holding it in my hand the other day.

I looked at that 10mm P220 too. Love the idea of it, just not sold on yet another caliber of ammo to deal with tho. However, P220 in .45 w/ threaded barrel is an interesting idea. May have to fondle one of those next time I’m at the gun shop.

I want another .45ACP handgun, but one that’s not another 1911. For a revolver, that Ruger Super Redhawk sure is nice tho my wife is smitten with the Kimber. I’m not sure about it tho.
    Glock21!! or a G30 if you want a smaller 45. (Requisite Glock guy response)

Wife likes this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kimberrevolver.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	232208
    Pretty nice, but tell her; Kimbers are guns you show your friends. Glocks are guns you show your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    either of those 308's would be a nice addition, .223 is kinda anemic.
    Yes! get it started in this thread! 7.62 rules!! 5.56 drools!!

Looking to get an AR15, but not 100% on buying the whole thing as I have money set aside for something different. Figure I'll get the lower and build as $ allows.

Local shop has American Tactical (looks made in China?) And Noreen. He quoted $120 for the noreen.

or there's Aero Precision.

Opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Aero machines lowers for lots of other brands, check the prices at Palmetto. Aero quality for less.

Aero machines lowers for lots of other brands, check the prices at Palmetto. Aero quality for less.
    Aero is like $85, plus xfer.

Dealer quoted me $80 for American Tactical, $120 for Noreen. Took me a bit to find he Noreen, but they are going for $65-75 so not sure where his pricing came from. I think he may be confused which ones are which, as he said one of the $80 is FDE which always seem to go for more.
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Thanks for the beta on the FNX. I was concerned along those same lines after holding it in my hand the other day.

I looked at that 10mm P220 too. Love the idea of it, just not sold on yet another caliber of ammo to deal with tho. However, P220 in .45 w/ threaded barrel is an interesting idea. May have to fondle one of those next time I’m at the gun shop.
    FYI I love my sig 320 5“ in. 45acp. Might be bigger than you want but it's fun and easy to plink with.

Just finished building the new Tikka mule deer rifle. 6.5CM T3X Light, custom brake, MT bottom metal, Manners carbon fiber stock, recycled 6x24 PST, MT metal magazine, Harris bipod. Should be a great mountain hunting rifle and is really fun to shoot long. 1“ at 200 and had it ringing the 8“ steel at 400 yards in about 6 shots--with factory ammo. Hard to beat Tikka accuracy out of the box. Haven't built 6.5 rounds before but it's about time to start.

Thanks to Woody for restarting the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Hard to beat Tikka accuracy out of the box.

Thanks to Woody for restarting the thread.

Just ordered a T3x this morning while I was at the shop getting some parts for something else.

Need to find some rings and glass now.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Just ordered a T3x this morning while I was at the shop getting some parts for something else.

Need to find some rings and glass now.
    What caliber?

That Tikka sounds like exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Aero is like $85, plus xfer.
    Don't know about now, but a few years ago Aero was making these for Palmetto, and they were selling for $45 each. Now they're $50, still a great deal.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...fire-1728.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    What caliber?
    30-06. seems to work well for me up here and have a lot of brass to reload, figured why change what works.

Don't know about now, but a few years ago Aero was making these for Palmetto, and they were selling for $45 each. Now they're $50, still a great deal.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...fire-1728.html
    Ended up with the Noreen billet for $120 out the door. The 2 Amwrican tactical he had (stamped made in USA) had some obvious flaws (Sharp spots) that turned me off.

I think the dealer was confused about billet vs forged, claimed billet was better. Either way the noreen was finished in a much higher quality.
    Local FFL charges $40 for the transfer so it didn't make much sense to order something and maybe save $20 at best.

Not trying to troll here, I'm genuinely curious as we (in Europe/Scandinavia) generally roll eyes when thinking about the gun craziness in the US.

Do you guys carry guns at the ski resort?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Not trying to troll here
    Then kindly read the OP and delete your post. This is not the thread for this.

thanks