Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Melanzana

Haha, I actually like them. I would like to get one but you can't order online. Can anyone that is 6 foot with long arms and long torso weigh in. Looks like the arms might be a little short at 34 in. Would be sweet if they could customize a large body with extra large length for the torso and arms- but obviously they are in such high demand that that doesn't look like a possibility at the current moment. I have an extra large radiant hybrid from OR that is great in the length of both torso and sleeves and is slim enough fit that it's not too baggy on the chest. I read the review on the Patagonia R1 and it says they're much more trim fit. How is torso length and sleeve length on a medium or large. 6' foot 185. Reno has a patagonia outlet and on the holidays you can get stuff super cheap sometimes.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

I love my OR Radiant, and it has the elusive right chest pocket. I am your same size and wear a large in the OR and the Pata R1 hoody. The R1 is plenty long in torso and sleeve. I really like the R1, but it is a winter-only garment for me. It's just tighter fitting, where the OR has a looser, more casual fit.

I run hot and have a strange sense of claustrophobia when even looking at these hoodies. I prefer the Bross from Freeride Systems. Might have to get the new upgraded design this season.

Melanzana has been around a long time, always had some friends who wore them but never knew they were "trendy" now. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    I love my OR Radiant, and it has the elusive right chest pocket. I am your same size and wear a large in the OR and the Pata R1 hoody. The R1 is plenty long in torso and sleeve. I really like the R1, but it is a winter-only garment for me. It's just tighter fitting, where the OR has a looser, more casual fit.
    Thanks! Yes, I would have got a large in the OR radiant hoodie as well, it just so happens when I walked into Sierra Trading Post in Reno they had an extra large for $25 on the clearance rack so I went with that

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I run hot and have a strange sense of claustrophobia when even looking at these hoodies. I prefer the Bross from Freeride Systems. Might have to get the new upgraded design this season.

Melanzana has been around a long time, always had some friends who wore them but never knew they were "trendy" now. Interesting.
    What new design is coming out this season on the Bross? I contacted customer service as they're sold out in my size and would rather buy the bross than the r1, but they said they had no timeline for getting them back in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    What new design is coming out this season on the Bross? I contacted customer service as they're sold out in my size and would rather buy the bross than the r1, but they said they had no timeline for getting them back in stock...
    I just know that last season they changed it slightly to a more "athletic" fit. I have an older one that is a little too big and baggy for my newly adopted pseudo-rando racer style. I also have R1 hoody and it is nice but I prefer the full-zip

Last night at the Dillon amphitheater, I found where all the Melanzana hoodies went. About 2,000 of them jamming to Toots and the Maytals.

^ guess they ditched all their hollister
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^ guess they ditched all their hollister
    Hollister drives me crazy every time I see that logo with the seagull. Do you know how far Hollister Ca is from the ocean? There’s no seagulls or surfers in Hollister.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Hollister drives me crazy every time I see that logo with the seagull. Do you know how far Hollister Ca is from the ocean? There’s no seagulls or surfers in Hollister.
    Looks like it's only about 30 miles to the ocean. There have to be surfers there at least.

ironic.... no italian eggplants in leadvil either...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Looks like it's only about 30 miles to the ocean. There have to be surfers there at least.
    More like farmers. Yeah, maybe some of them drive over to Santa Cruz to surf.

Yeah but there's a Hollister ranch with some surfing history evidently. I remember looking that up as a middle schooler

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Yeah but there's a Hollister ranch with some surfing history evidently. I remember looking that up as a middle schooler
    This. Private ranch on the coast between Gaviota and Jamala (North of Santa Barbara). Most need to boat in to surf it because you need know an owner of one of the properties to drive in. Maybe if you show up at the gate in a Melanzana they will let you in...
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    This. Private ranch on the coast between Gaviota and Jamala (North of Santa Barbara). Most need to boat in to surf it because you need know an owner of one of the properties to drive in. Maybe if you show up at the gate in a Melanzana they will let you in...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollister_Co.#History

Looks like Abercrombie & Fitch just came up with the name out of thin air, and then invented a fictional story about a founder named “Hollister” that was supposed to have formed the company in 1922 in California, when it was really founded in Ohio in 2000.

Looks like Abercrombie & Fitch just came up with the name out of thin air, ....
    Old Larry will set you straight on this one, but A&F was a legit clothier and high end outfitter back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Old Larry will set you straight on this one, but A&F was a legit clothier and high end outfitter back in the day.
    Maybe I worded that poorly, A&F is the parent company of the “Hollister” stores. A&F has been around for awhile, but they created the Hollister Company in 2000, and created a fictional history for it, that Hollister was founded by a man named “Hollister” in California in 1922, which was a total fabrication.

Anyway, that’s the story according to that wiki link and others that I came across last night when looking into it. Pretty bizarre. They’ve also threatened merchants from the town of Hollister with legal action if they put the word Hollister on any items of clothing,

Maybe I worded that poorly, A&F is the parent company of the “Hollister” stores. A&F has been around for awhile, but they created the Hollister Company in 2000, and created a fictional history for it, that Hollister was founded by a man named “Hollister” in California in 1922, which was a total fabrication.

Anyway, that’s the story according to that wiki link and others that I came across last night when looking into it. Pretty bizarre. They’ve also threatened merchants from the town of Hollister with legal action if they put the word Hollister on any items of clothing,
    the irony is thick as we were recently 'hassled' by a Leadville retailer because our inside label says 'Leadville' , and we make in Denver, (we do not say made in Leadville mind you-and not too different than Redfeather Snowshoes which also say Leaville). However, I started the business in Leadville (and lived there prior to the biz) and worked from there for years after...the sleeve of all our jackets have the licensed made in Colorado seal embroidered....which they are....
    www.freeridesystems.com

Just saw this on instagram while reading this post. Fitting isn't it. People lining up before the store even opens to try and snag their shinny, trendy Melly.

Damn near every "outdoorsy" person in colorado has one of these things at this point. Folks from here in the four corners will drive an hour+ extra on their trips back from the Front Range to visit Leadville and see if their size is in stock.

I get the love for Melanzana. I have a couple and my first one from 2014 that I bought for $59 is still holding up well, even if it's a less fluffy than the ones coming out of the store now. They fit that midlayer gear slot so well depending on the season. That said, I couldn't imagine waiting in line like I'm buying an iPhone for a fucking hoodie.

Maybe MiCol can set up out front of the shop with the Bross and make a killing lol

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Folks from here in the four corners will drive an hour+ extra on their trips back from the Front Range to visit Leadville and see if their size is in stock.
    I almost did this last weekend on my way back from Denver but thought better of it. It was definitely a whole lot cooler before all the hype when they offered shipping. Their sweatpants are a great piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    I almost did this last weekend on my way back from Denver but thought better of it. It was definitely a whole lot cooler before all the hype when they offered shipping. Their sweatpants are a great piece of gear.
    Didn't they used to make a microgrid pant? I've always wanted a pair, but the new CapAir stuff from patagonia finally bit that bug this year.

I like the look of the new sweatpants too, I've got one of the hoodies in the same fabric and love it for a casual outerlayer during the winter months. I'd live in those new sweatpants during the winter. But, looks like you can only buy them in the store... damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Didn't they used to make a microgrid pant?
    I recall seeing microgrid pants on their website, but they were never in stock. The sweats are worth the detour IF you know they will have them available.

The A&F name has been around for a long time. I even have some 40s A&F branded wooden skis.

The current A&F effectively dates to 1988 when it was sold to Les "super friend of the pedo Jeffrey Epstein" Wexner's Limited Group.

Apparently people line up at Melanzana before they open each day.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Apparently people line up at Melanzana before they open each day.
    Maybe on some days, who knows.

I walked in a month or two ago, bought a couple things. It wasn't crazy, everyone was friendly. People blow this shit out of proportion some times.