Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Melanzana

Melanzana

Anyone have some insider info on what’s going on at Melanzana? They stopped taking orders online last fall and haven’t opened them back up. I need to replace my micro grid crew!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Anyone have some insider info on what’s going on at Melanzana? They stopped taking orders online last fall and haven’t opened them back up. I need to replace my micro grid crew!
    Call the shop. They are cranking stuff out as fast as they can and their store is pretty well stocked.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I have been hearing May for online sales. Also, all the cool kids call it Melly now, fwiw.

Moved to bigger shop; you can call them but last time I was in there they still weren’t shipping.

FreeRide Systems makes some similar stuff and is run by a mag.

Their instagram says limited sale of micro grid online in may

Thanks everyone!

Melanzana

I’ve been trying all summer to get a micro grid hoodie or crew and their online inventory has basically been shut off the whole time. And whenever I call to see what’s in store, there’s usually like 7 pieces for sale. What’s the deal with this company? They’re blowing it. Tons of demand but if they can’t keep up with even half of it, people will move on...

I think they know if a bunch of douches all over Colorado suddenly start wearing them, then they aren't going to be cool. Except, I think we're already there....

People are selling the micro-grid for $150 on ebay. I blame the millennials and their newfound love of the Melly for this.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 6.45.28 PM.png
Views: 1110
Size:  493.1 KB

Gotta get that shit to post up online!

https://imgur.com/r/Ultralight/NMnHe

Lest we forget the technical comparison to an R1, and the oh look at my dog, he approves. So millennial.

https://imgur.com/gallery/DTl6F

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Gotta get that shit to post up online!

https://imgur.com/r/Ultralight/NMnHe
    Did you get that via phone order? Or lucked out online?

Did you get that via phone order? Or lucked out online?
    I thought that was a pic of you bro?

I don't understand the backstory behind these hoodies? Is there something special about them or are they just a trendy new thing in Colorado? Or are you guys just taking the piss?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    I don't understand the backstory behind these hoodies? Is there something special about them or are they just a trendy new thing in Colorado? Or are you guys just taking the piss?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app
    They're trendy. That said, they're pretty damn functional, look decent, are super comfy. But they're just a nice grid fleece at the end of the day.

My SO basically lives in her grid fleece spring and fall. Around the house, hiking, skiing, whatever. And in the winter lives in her high-loft version.

I live in my Bross hoodie which is similar fabric but looks worse for wear and more "technical". But is similar material and made by a maggot in Leadville.

Every time I've driven by there they've had plenty in stock. Unless you're super particular about your colors.

So if I want to be max brah, do I get a melanzana or bross by freeride

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    So if I want to be max brah, do I get a melanzana or bross by freeride

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Given that no one outside of these forums really knows about Freeride, you should stick to the Melanzana.

They are certainly "hip". My sister and her boyfriend somehow knew of this place all the way from Burlington VT. They stopped in a few months last winter and loaded up.

But holy shit, that is ton of money for a hoodie. I don't care how "technical" it is.

I’ve been trying all summer to get a micro grid hoodie or crew and their online inventory has basically been shut off the whole time. And whenever I call to see what’s in store, there’s usually like 7 pieces for sale. What’s the deal with this company? They’re blowing it. Tons of demand but if they can’t keep up with even half of it, people will move on...
    It's almost like there are limited people who want to sew hoodies for a living in Leadville. They could move production to Denver, but then their mystique would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    ....But holy shit, that is ton of money for a hoodie. I don't care how "technical" it is.
    Hard to find many direct comparables if you care about the whole made in the USA thing. $40 for the same thing made in China I'm sure you can find. But if you buy the Patagonia version of the same thing (with more zippers), its 2x the Melanzana price. https://www.backcountry.com/patagoni...-pullover-mens

This is the only thing that pops up made in US, and its a good bit more expensive. https://www.wintergreennorthernwear....12353807581276

Wait...there is such a thing as a trendy hoody and people post about it on Instagram? This state is gat.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Hard to find many direct comparables if you care about the whole made in the USA thing. $40 for the same thing made in China I'm sure you can find.

This is the only thing that pops up made in US, and its a good bit more expensive. https://www.wintergreennorthernwear....12353807581276
    Don't mind me, I'm just being crusty.
    I wonder if anyone can fathom being in a $20 cotton hoodie anymore.

You know maybe $150 ain't such a bad price....$75 for hoody + 300 mile rt is $25 for gas + 5 hours travel at minimum wage is <$51 + $4.34 towards oil change = $155.34.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    You know maybe $150 ain't such a bad price....$75 for hoody + 300 mile rt is $25 for gas + 5 hours travel at minimum wage is <$51 + $4.34 towards oil change = $155.34.
    Of course, if you're driving to leadville soley for a hoodie...you're an idiot.