Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KNIVES!!!!!!!

Makes sense. We leftists here in America will probably have to be banning knives in urban settings after our ban of military style guns is in motion. Probably slingshots after that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I work in knife manufacturing, those regs are already in place in NYC. You can't even carry a knife with a clip on the back as it would then be "concealed".

Massachusetts statewide pretty much the same. A whole bunch of states (except NH ... LIVE FREE OR DIE) have knife regs on the books currently in various forms.

It is horseshit all around but the pearl clutchers need to clutch I guess.
    Live Free or Die

Lived in NY all my life and never heard of anyone busted for just having a knife. The real world is a funny place. But I got busted with my 3" Case folding knife going to a ball game.

Can't we just make trigger locks mandatory for knives?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Universal background checks?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofSeasonsPast View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rol/500328002/ London's mayor making clear that, among other things, carrying a knife for self-defense is a crime.

People talk about following the UK's lead and don't know how much more violent the UK is, and how much trouble you can get in there just for defending yourself. Like the 78 year old arrested for murder when he wrestled a knife from a home intruder and then stabbed the intruder.
    Continental Europe is the very same in that respect. Authorities preferably bust those fighting back, even when their life is at stake.

Worse though is that meanwhile double standards are applied. Quite a few of lately arrived immigrants carry and sometimes use knives in the streets on random persons (because they bring that culture with them). While they often get away with lenient sentences the legal system cracks down full force on citizens who receive sentences 2-3 times as harsh for the same offense.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Lived in NY all my life and never heard of anyone busted for just having a knife. The real world is a funny place. But I got busted with my 3" Case folding knife going to a ball game.
    I think in reality it is one of those charge padding offenses where they throw the book at you when they catch you doing something else worse. Never heard of it as just a straight one off charge either myself, but I did get suspended for a day from school once because I forgot my swiss army knife was in my bag.
    Live Free or Die

Good.
    What exactly do you mean?

Probably what you think.

Makes sense. We leftists here in America will probably have to be banning knives in urban settings after our ban of military style guns is in motion. Probably slingshots after that.

Once upon a time in Helmand, some local schoolmasters would let their kids take a break from rocking and chanting the Koran to go out and throw rocks at US soldiers.
    This put the soldiers in a bind because, you know, they can't be shooting kids, or expending taxpayer resources dismounting and ransacking villages to tan their little hides.

Then a transport unit chipped in on a gross of wrist rockets, and a medical unit donated a big ol spool of surgical tubing....and things changed. Not only was there not a mooching kid in sight, but camel and donkey caravans quit plugging the road ahead of convoys too...

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Once upon a time in Helmand, some local schoolmasters would let their kids take a break from rocking and chanting the Koran to go out and throw rocks at US soldiers.
    This put the soldiers in a bind because, you know, they can't be shooting kids, or expending taxpayer resources dismounting and ransacking villages to tan their little hides.

Then a transport unit chipped in on a gross of wrist rockets, and a medical unit donated a big ol spool of surgical tubing....and things changed. Not only was there not a mooching kid in sight, but camel and donkey caravans quit plugging the road ahead of convoys too...
    Good thing those soldiers weren't in NJ, where what they did, though it saved numerous lives (rock throwing is used as camo for grenade attacks), would be a serious crime.

As for wooley, he is a leftist who likes to threaten to shoot people when posting on this forum. So, I can see as how he would want people to be as unarmed as possible.

War in a war zone sucks. Glad you agree. Nothing that happens in a war zones any moral justification. Rangers did the same thing in Oran to keep kids from stealing their shit. Color me aghast. Not.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

As for wooley, he is a leftist who likes to threaten to shoot people when posting on this forum. So, I can see as how he would want people to be as unarmed as possible.
    I'm a leftist. If you love Hitler, Idi, Joseph and Pol Pot. So to you, I'm a leftist. I get it. You Got it? Troll.

I never see you post in the View Right Now thread. Did i miss it? Try not to get banned this time, troll.

This one was effective for what it was designed to do but the guys who did the sticking never wanted to talk about it. Odd, no?

Name:  1391156505_DevilsBrigadeKnife.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  19.1 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	985.3 KB 
ID:	232426
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    but I did get suspended for a day from school once because I forgot my swiss army knife was in my bag.
    And now look where you are, making knives and shit.

That's a really good looking knife, well done

Haven't you been paying attention?! First it's guns, then knives, THEN cars. Shees, you're blowing Fox Opinion talking points

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention?! First it's guns, then knives, THEN cars. Shees, you're blowing Fox Opinion talking points
    The UK is more violent than us, and struggling to address it with this sort of failed cascade of controls, and has now moved on to acid control.

As they get more violence from those policies, not less.

Name:  042476BE-873B-4A8D-8EA6-8D0FDFE27DE5.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  39.2 KB
    . . .

The UK is more violent than us, and struggling to address it with this sort of failed cascade of controls, and has now moved on to acid control.

As they get more violence from those policies, not less.
    Of course, the answer is always more guns...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Of course, the answer is always more guns...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...insanity.
    As the Brit violent crime rate continues to climb, I agree that their doing the same thing they have been doing would be insane. To their credit, their are studying the US to try to learn why our way is better.

It is probably too little, too late, for them, but they have a kernel of recognition. They are already seeing "some people" have to leave France, because in France without the right to carry "some people" are left defenseless. And they are seeing the "Swedish situation," which loosely translated means Swedish women need to take, err, responsibility, as the left would say, for their rapes.