Page 77 of 238 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5946
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    People have studied what differentiates race car drivers and Joe Schmoe, and one of the main factors is that a driver with high level training is looking everywhere, while old Joe is just staring directly in front of his bumper. He just keeps going until something comes into his line of sight.
    My wife will say "That guy came out of nowhere!" at least once on every drive. I've tried to explain that no, they didn't, you just weren't looking around or using your mirrors enough, but it's useless.

I would guess that 90% of car drivers don't even know they have side mirrors.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Ok, so you're snortling along behind some unit going 5 below the limit in the left lane. The right lane is densely seasoned with trucks and trailers, some waving in the lanes.

And it's ok, because there's no safe passing zone, so lah dee dah, right?

Then the right lane clears beyond sight, so you pull around and cruise up to 5+ over the limit.

Which evidently is some form of deep offense past hubris, some deep seated, brash and intolerable insolence.

So they speed up and hang on your butt for 20 miles, trying to revenge pass. Which is not allowed as a result of the dynamic. And afforded by a decent sled.

And so we go for few miles until they retire to the speed to which they're accustomed,

Which is fine.

Order is restored.
    In my travels up and down I5, I’ve noticed there is a subset of drivers, typically from CA, who I theorize have spent so much time in traffic that they only know how to regulate their speed by sitting X number of feet off another cars bumper.

Some of these drivers revert to some sort of preset speed then engage their autopilot on you when you pass them on the right then get in front. Others just take off when the car in front of them merges or takes the off ramp. I’ve watched people have their guide vehicle take the off ramp, then run it up to close to 90 mph for 1/4 mile like they are in a huge rush, then slow to sit at their preset distance behind a car/truck going 5 under the speed limit.

Makes me laugh every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I would guess that 90% of car drivers don't even know they have side mirrors.
    They have mirrors, they just have them adjusted so all they see is the side of their own cars.
    If people would learn to adjust their mirrors properly things would be different.
    Well, that and the turn signals, but that's just common sense.

jummo

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Some of us drive Subarus. And not turbos.
    Get out there and strut your innner dentist, d00d!
    Most of the folks that you pass then pass you then slow down etc aren't evil people in need of punishment. They just aren't paying attention.
    Is there anything in this context that suggests I'm interested in punishment? I just want to decouple.

Also, it's not that they're just not paying attention when they try to pass after having been passed. I can feel their seething retribution.

Nothing like a 1000 miles between the PNW and SWCO to experience these memes.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    My wife will say "That guy came out of nowhere!" at least once on every drive. I've tried to explain that no, they didn't, you just weren't looking around or using your mirrors enough, but it's useless.
    And the crazy thing is that if she attended an easy/fun track day with an instructor who told her the exact same things, she'd say something along the lines of wow, that was so informative!

In the last few years I've noticed increasing frequency of people who will crawl up your bumper then fall way back then back on the bumper all while I keep a steady speed. They pass you and slow down and you pass them then they pass you again, etc etc. To me that means distracted driving---phone more often than not. Or having a conversation with a passenger. I know I drive a lot better by myself than with a passenger--but I get a lot less pissed off when I have a passenger.

BTW--people who aren't paying attention to the car in front of them certainly aren't watching their mirrors.
    I love the warning lights in the side mirrors of my subaru, also the backup cameras which can see cars coming from my right that I can't see because the bear box is in the way as I back out of the driveway.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...etc.

You could have possibly guessed this potential outcome?

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/18/...plastic-jacks/
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...etc.

You could have possibly guessed this potential outcome?

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/18/...plastic-jacks/
    Wow, what a shocker.

I just don't get it; you can get a 12-ton bottle jack for $30. How much money could they have possibly saved with a plastic jack in 130k vehicles vs. the one they've speced for years? Seems like r&d alone would negate the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Wow, what a shocker.

I just don't get it; you can get a 12-ton bottle jack for $30. How much money could they have possibly saved with a plastic jack in 130k vehicles vs. the one they've speced for years? Seems like r&d alone would negate the savings.
    But think of the weight savings/fuel economy. GM fighting global warming one jack at a time.

Giving some guy a beat down on the internet the other day and I must have struck a nerve, first he says he can prove he’s smarter than me by giving me a 9th grade algebra problem that I probably couldn’t solve, well no shit I haven’t done 9th grade algebra since probably the ninth grade, after a couple more witty retorts all he had was calling my dog ugly and stupid, she thought that was amusing too
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4763.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	381326
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

some of the darker corners of the internet can be quite rough.... have you tried Alpinezone? all hazing of "jongs" is strictly prohibited ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    some of the darker corners of the internet can be quite rough.... have you tried Alpinezone? all hazing of "jongs" is strictly prohibited ya know.
    Don’t say Alpinezone three times whatever you do
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Forget the guys name that post here at times inviting people to join them, but I must say his shtick always makes me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And the crazy thing is that if she attended an easy/fun track day with an instructor who told her the exact same things, she'd say something along the lines of wow, that was so informative!
    Ha. Like when I tried to teach her how to ski.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Forget the guys name that post here at times inviting people to join them, but I must say his shtick always makes me smile.
    Hi! This is Greg, an admin over at AlpineZone!

If you are weary of aliases, come for a visit! - We don't tolerate this sort of juvenile behavior. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. Come join the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Hi! This is Greg, an admin over at AlpineZone!

If you are weary of aliases, come for a visit! - We don't tolerate this sort of juvenile behavior. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. Come join the fun!
    Pics of your sister's tits or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Pics of your sister's tits or GTFO.
    Before or after surgery?

Yes

AppleMaps speed limits.

Drove halfway across MT today on I90 where speed limits are 70-80mph. AppleMaps routinely told me speed limit should be 45mph

My favorite was a stretch where it told me the speed limit was…..34mph.

Not 35. 34.

I was getting ready to go out for a dinner when the Olympic women’s beach volleyball - USA vs CH - came on. Guess who settled back into the couch.

Things That Amuse You

Yesterday I was driving on a 60 MPH 2 lane road. I come up on a guy doing ~57 and he’s closely following a truck.
    It’s clear to pass but he’s not passing, so go to pass them both.
    When I’m right next to him he decides to try and pass, I notice this, accelerate hard and avoid him by driving over on the left shoulder and keep going.
    He now decides that this is reason enough to eventually pass that guy and then follow me with his highbeams.
    Oh I’m scared!
    Bye!
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

An essential skill is learning how to adjust your rearview mirror to shine the high beams back in the asshole's face.
    You did tap the horn or flash your high beams briefly before you passed I hope. Most folks--including me--are focused on the oncoming lane when we get ready to pass someone on a two lane and might not notice someone trying to pass us at the same time. Maybe that's not the situation you're describing.

Lots of road rage in the PR lately.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It’s like the ECRC went for a drive.
    I still call it The Jake.