Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238
Results 5,926 to 5,946 of 5946
    If you're gonna fly with weed bring it on your carryon so the baggage handlers don't steal it. Other than that it's a non-issue. TSA does not want to deal with your weed, they have no interest in it at all. They have enough to do.

I used to help with avy dog training. I have seen a dog locate a body under moving water. I have personally been located 6ft under snow, and two miles away in the rain with tracks from the day before. So not really surprised by much that dogs can sniff out these days. My dog however can hear me open a string cheese wrapper from outside in the yard but thats about his only talent.

I had a 6m old Cocker that unzipped a gym bag that our son's HS friend brought over, pulled out a bag of weed and brought it down to us in the living room. That dog would do anything for a treat. I think she wanted a gummy but all we had was the usual dog treats.

I once flew from JP to Sydney for a lunch meeting on a Saturday.

Red Flags to Security:
    Round-trip was less than 24 hours.
    Ticket was purchased less than a week in advance.
    I didn't get my visa until I tried to check in in Tokyo. Emergency Visa,
    I had no checked luggage.
    My passport was US, yet there was no US travel on my itinerary.

I"m standing in line in Sydney and Security walks up to me: "Gaijin, can you come with us please?" "You know my name?"

They brought me to a back room, spotless, a computer terminal, another (beautiful by the way) blonde security girl behind the computer, and a huge stainless steel table.

"Please empty your belongings on the table." Then they even searched the seams and tried to find whatever they thought I might have had. The dog sat quietly and never stopped looking at me.

It's a long story about our conversation, being as I found it quite entertaining knowing I had nothing on me, so I won't type it all out. But the best part of the story is from years later when I was watching that YouTube channel about airport security busting people and I started laughing my ass off when I saw that beautiful blonde girl again. "That's the girl that was so upset I didn't have anything after she had spotted all my red flags!"

Seen today:

"No Doubt and Sublime are playing live shows at the same festival; OJ jokes are being told all over the place; and Conan O'Brien is the funniest thing on TV. Welcome back to 1995, we've missed you."
    I still call it The Jake.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5tJI...RlODBiNWFlZA==

It amuses me that so many lack any concept of physics.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Comment from grandma right out of the shoot is gold.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Was he attempting to gain some kind of Instagram fame by doing something so dumb?

I guess it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    An on topic question: last summer, a few friends and I were in France, where weed is illegal (I'm told). On a layover between trains, one friend went to a CBD shop next to the station and bought a tincture to ease some aches and pains. He and one other guy consumed some of it on the train and a short while later became very, very high, much to my amusement. Upon closer inspection of the fine print, the tincture contained 50mg of thc.

We arrived in Switzerland and tossed the bottle in the trash on the train platform. The two very high guys managed to keep their shit together reasonably well as we walked past a bunch of police dogs at the pseudo customs zone in the geneva train station, and eventually all was well.

But I've never been able to figure out how a random American guy that doesn't speak much French managed to unwittingly buy thc at a regular store front in a country where it's supposedly illegal. Is there some sort of provincial legality in France like in the U.S.?
    why would you Chuck it in the trash in ch?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    why would you Chuck it in the trash in ch?
    1) weed is illegal in Switzerland, and we had to go through the little customs gauntlet (where you don't have to stop, but you have to walk past the customs people), and they have dogs there. Didn't care to find out whether the dogs cared about weed.

2) everyone who wanted to be high was already considerably higher than they wanted to be.

3) we were flying out the next morning back to a place where weed is legal.

2) everyone who wanted to be high was already considerably higher than they wanted to be.
    A fine pickle.

1) weed is illegal in Switzerland, and we had to go through the little customs gauntlet (where you don't have to stop, but you have to walk past the customs people), and they have dogs there. Didn't care to find out whether the dogs cared about weed.

3) we were flying out the next morning back to a place where weed is legal.
    lol, I literally watched a guy going on his national service hit up the snowboarder for weed, smoke it in the junction between train cars, and the conductor was pissed about them smoking not that it was weed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Seen today:

"No Doubt and Sublime are playing live shows at the same festival; OJ jokes are being told all over the place; and Conan O'Brien is the funniest thing on TV. Welcome back to 1995, we've missed you."
    Related: My 14 y.o.'s playlists are all the same alt rock and punk I listened to at the same age in the '90s.

Just back from Switzerland and the general word was that it's practically legal as far as vast majority are concerned. We were told to just be smart and it's fine.

My MO is that if I'm gonna smoke in public, it's still fairly private and I try to keep it unobtrusive. Some people are ok with others doing it. They just don't wanna be forced to see me going full rasta out on the deck facing the main drag.

I smoked on the deck, the front entry bench, in the park, on the ganjala/Schiferbahn FTW, even in the hotel room in St. Mo.

Nary a word. Transporting via train or bus all the time. Had to give some away, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Just back from Switzerland and the general word was that it's practically legal as far as vast majority are concerned. We were told to just be smart and it's fine.

My MO is that if I'm gonna smoke in public, it's still fairly private and I try to keep it unobtrusive. Some people are ok with others doing it. They just don't wanna be forced to see me going full rasta out on the deck facing the main drag.

I smoked on the deck, the front entry bench, in the park, on the ganjala/Schiferbahn FTW, even in the hotel room in St. Mo.

Nary a word. Transporting via train or bus all the time. Had to give some away, alas.
    A friend with weed is a friend indeed.

https://www.ilovebigals.com

Is the website for an arcade called Big Al's.

Boomer Loves Ms. PAC-Man.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The Best Sentences of 2023. From an ongoing section of Frank Bruni opeds in the NYT. Warning: liberal bias, although not entirely so.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/28/o...smid=url-share
    I should read his column more often, just for the sentences. Like John Stewart's moments of Zen.

My favorites are by a conservative:
    "Also in The Journal, Peggy Noonan described McCarthy’s toppling as House speaker by Matt Gaetz and his fellow right-wing rebels: “It’s as if Julius Caesar were stabbed to death in the Forum by the Marx Brothers.” In another column, she skewered DeSantis, who gives off the vibe “that he might unplug your life support to recharge his cellphone.”

Thanks for that Goat. I liked this one:

He also noted the publication of “Manhood: The Masculine Virtues America Needs,” by Senator Josh Hawley: “The book’s final cover contains just text, including the title so oversized that the word ‘Manhood’ can’t even fit on one line — like a dude whose shoulders are so broad that he has to turn sideways to flee through the doors of the Capitol.”
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    …I should read his column more often, just for the sentences…
    Me too. There was a ton of lol material in there, combined with heartfelt admiration for the authors’ writing. Thanks for the pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.