Page 120 of 238 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Wow, this is right up the road, maybe 10-15 miles or so from where I’ll be on July 4. Will have to take a side trip to see what’s up.
    Turns out the family reunion I was going to got canceled because of the Rainbow People gathering just up the road. So I guess I won’t be taking that side trip after all.

^this lost opportunity annoys me

Turns out the family reunion I was going to got canceled because of the Rainbow People gathering just up the road. So I guess I won’t be taking that side trip after all.
    The family reunion just got way bigger is all. The rainbow family welcomes all.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I helped clean up what was once a pristine meadow to the west of Stanley ID. The Rainbow family had their annual gathering and thoroughly trashed the place. I was not amused.

Fuck the Rainbow family.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So ...... no amusement ensued??

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    ^this lost opportunity annoys me
    Yeah, me too. But that would be another thread.

I was amused to see an 80+ year old guy standing in line with the 2022 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition at the pharmacy today.

The guy on NPR mistakenly said shitter instead of Twitter and tried very quickly to correct himself.

Things That Amuse You

Last edited by Flounder; 06-26-2022 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Bad link

I'd like to see a tandem bike where the front half and the back half try to go in opposite directions. No doubt someone has already done this but a very quick google search comes up empty.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'd like to see a tandem bike where the front half and the back half try to go in opposite directions. No doubt someone has already done this but a very quick google search comes up empty.

Name:  thumbnail-1633430107134.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  21.7 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DT-OtRrXcAEzmY-.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	419936

Name:  Push Me-Pull You Tandem (Facebook video still).jpeg
Views: 401
Size:  32.4 KB

Two of those pics look photoshopped, and it's not clear what's going on in the middle one, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I helped clean up what was once a pristine meadow to the west of Stanley ID. The Rainbow family had their annual gathering and thoroughly trashed the place. I was not amused.

Fuck the Rainbow family.
    Same here.

I saw two different Rainbow Family camps 1 or 2 weeks afterwards. One outside Big Piney WY and one near Wisdom MT. Both very nice meadows full of trash/garbage. WY location stunk of human excrement. Beyond gross.

Don’t believe their psyops about them cleaning up after themselves, they lie.

Fuck the Rainbow Family.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Now there's something you don't see e'ry day.

OK, I stand corrected, but the point is for each rider to go forward and see which one wins. Competition, not cooperation. This is the USA.

OK, I stand corrected, but the point is for each rider to go forward and see which one wins. Competition, not cooperation. This is the USA.
    Tug of war, on a bike.

I'll do some searching....

Wouldn’t you just never get anywhere/ the whole contest would be about the first half pedal?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Same here.

I saw two different Rainbow Family camps 1 or 2 weeks afterwards. One outside Big Piney WY and one near Wisdom MT. Both very nice meadows full of trash/garbage. WY location stunk of human excrement. Beyond gross.

Don’t believe their psyops about them cleaning up after themselves, they lie.

Fuck the Rainbow Family.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The family I was going to see have a house right along the road in the directions the Rainbow Family gave out. So they anticipate 10K to 20K people going up and down that road. The locals aren’t happy, and have had bad experiences previously with the same group in a nearby gathering. So the people I was going to see are leaving to visit friends elsewhere. They do have a guy who will be watching the place.

The irony is I was planning on doing some camping of my own up around Hahns Peak, before I heard of the Gathering. That’s a real pretty area up there. Hope it doesn’t get ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Wouldn’t you just never get anywhere/ the whole contest would be about the first half pedal?
    A metaphor for our times.

The irony is I was planning on doing some camping of my own up around Hahns Peak, before I heard of the Gathering. That’s a real pretty area up there. Hope it doesn’t get ruined.
    Curious about what sort of permission or permit they get to have their gathering. Assuming it is on public land, Forest Service and BLM both require permits above a certain group size. Presumably a gathering in the 10s of thousands could require an environmental assessment. At least, I've heard much of smaller events than that being required to have them. Nevermind the locals being pissed, where are the enviros and a timely lawsuit when you need it? Or does the rainbow family NGAF and just set up wherever they please?

they don’t get permits
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

citizens are allowed to camp for two weeks on federal land. these citizens are doing that…