Page 63 of 235 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 5861
    I find militant atheists amusing. I'd put militant religious folk in the What Annoys Me thread.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I find militant atheists amusing. I'd put militant religious folk in the What Annoys Me thread.
    I'd put them in the POS Humans thread.

Well then, like my grand kids say "DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!!.

In Ulysses, James Joyce says, or has Stephen Dedalus say I think, that if you think enough about god to consider yourself an atheist, you're not an atheist. I'm paraphrasing. And it might be Portrait of the Artist. It was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In Ulysses, James Joyce says, or has Stephen Dedalus say I think, that if you think enough about god to consider yourself an atheist, you're not an atheist. I'm paraphrasing. And it might be Portrait of the Artist. It was a long time ago.
    Well, that’s clearly bullshit. I’m amused that you found it profound enough to remember and repeat, though.
    focus.

Seems like it isn't the atheist thinking about Dog so much as it is religious fanatics screaming about Dog at the atheist.

Usually.

Not always.

I'm amused that every place in this town still has the old school pencil sharpeners bolted to the wall somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Bumper sticker I saw today:

"If we don't sin then Jesus died for nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Well, that’s clearly bullshit. I’m amused that you found it profound enough to remember and repeat, though.
    Clearly it went way over your head. True atheists don't care enough about god to bother thinking about it or to be bothered by people who believe. People who feel the need to proclaim their atheism aren't really sure about it. And consider the time and place--early 20th century Ireland, when being an atheist meant going against some pretty serious religious indoctrination and a society imbued with it. An example of atheism that caught my attention was Breshnev's widow crossing herself at his grave.

Headline in the WP--"NASA rover Perseverance lands on Mars in mission to search for past life" and all I could think was that Mars is a strange place to look for Shirley MacLaine.

That Joyce thing kinda reminds me of Groucho and clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    That Joyce thing kinda reminds me of Groucho and clubs.
    Or the Yogi Berra quote "nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Bumper sticker I saw today:

"If we don't sin then Jesus died for nothing."
    Bumper sticker I saw the other day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nwbw.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	363664

Don't tell me, let me guess...

Christian Bale?
    Charles Manson?
    The hipster guy from the laundromat?

That's gold. Amuses me. .

Things That Amuse You

Clearly it went way over your head. True atheists don't care enough about god to bother thinking about it or to be bothered by people who believe. People who feel the need to proclaim their atheism aren't really sure about it. And consider the time and place--early 20th century Ireland, when being an atheist meant going against some pretty serious religious indoctrination and a society imbued with it. An example of atheism that caught my attention was Breshnev's widow crossing herself at his grave.

Headline in the WP--"NASA rover Perseverance lands on Mars in mission to search for past life" and all I could think was that Mars is a strange place to look for Shirley MacLaine.
    Ahhh... no. I well understand what the quote was trying to say. You really think that expressing a lack of belief in something (unicorns, star wars, god) - ESPECIALLY in the kind of context you describe - is an indication that you actually do believe in it?

Do you think taking a stance against something actually means you’re for it, too? Curious to hear your thoughts on consent.... when she says no, does she mean yes?

It’s a nothing-quote. Sounds kind of smart until you think about it for 10 seconds, then and there or here and now. You’re not this stupid.
    focus.

Seeing two young Mennonite couples on rental skis was amusing.

Why? Skiing in jeans?

I have a technical job interview on Saturday.

Using Microsoft Teams.

I have office 365. But had to install teams
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

TGR is running a story about Nepal banning climbers who photoshopped themselves on the summit of Mt. Everest. The story has a stock photo of a mountain--Ama Dablam.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/story/n...verests-summit

I have a nice salt and pepper thing going on these days, more pepper than salt still up top, but a pretty even mix in my beard. Every now and then, though, I get a bright reflective silver beard hair. Like.... silver plate. Fucking thing just about glows in the dark. Looks like glitter.

Amuses me.
    focus.

Kinda seems they were still dating Jan 6th and broke up around Jan 7th.

Why? Skiing in jeans?
    It was a warm spring day at Bristol Mountain. The boys - White shirt and black pants with suspenders. Girls in floral granny dresses. On a ski date. Amusing as in watching kittens play kind of way.

I get the same amusement seeing young people in jeans trying the sport. Maybe because I see me at the beginning when I skied in "modern" leather boots (the new ones with metal buckles!!) and stuffing brochures down my frozen jeans to get in one more run. . New skiers trying out the sport. And I think back the the time a bigger guy in ski pants on the town ski trip bus dissed me in my jeans and nylon jacket. I punched him in the face a few times when he grabbed me by the collar. I'm lifetime 1-0-0 in fist fights. Warm memories of back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    We have a fixed position one around here on a long, sweeping curve with a 50mph speed limit. I've put some good numbers up on it.
    You have been reported to the Redstone caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    It was a warm spring day at Bristol Mountain. The boys - White shirt and black pants with suspenders. Girls in floral granny dresses. On a ski date. Amusing as in watching kittens play kind of way.

I get the same amusement seeing young people in jeans trying the sport. Maybe because I see me at the beginning when I skied in "modern" leather boots (the new ones with metal buckles!!) and stuffing brochures down my frozen jeans to get in one more run. . New skiers trying out the sport. And I think back the the time a bigger guy in ski pants on the town ski trip bus dissed me in my jeans and nylon jacket. I punched him in the face a few times when he grabbed me by the collar. I'm lifetime 1-0-0 in fist fights. Warm memories of back in the day.
    I'm 0-0-2 in fist fights--both hockey fights between 2 guys who couldn't skate well enough to actually land a punch. (Fights with my little brother don't count because he never hit back. Something wrong with him for sure.)

Japan asks China to stop using anal swabs to test Japanese citizens for coronavirus”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...XHHOZRHQKC4QQY