Page 119 of 238 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Did he give flakka to the students? If not, your point is moot!
    Moar flakka!!!

Asked the 17 year old manning the tgr truck booth today, 'so, no bathrobes? ".

He's like, wtf do you mean bathrobes?

I said, bathrobes, do you have any bathrobes?

Just then his 22 year old supervisor came up and the kid told him what I said.

Supervisor was like, I have one in the truck if you really want it.

I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you tgr.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Owen wants me to take him to a Gray Day show
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

OK, today was a snorter. Full almost puke laughing snorter.

Picture 300+ people in downtown Vail, watching a slack liner above a bunch of freestyle kayakers competing in a play wave during the GoPro games. Bleachers, 2 announcers, boom cameras, the whole nine. Streaming, all that shit. Big HD livescreens. The whole 9.

And joe bro announcer is like, "DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN CODY TOWNSEND WAS HERE FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND PAINTING A PICTURE FOR THE WHOLE TIME, SICK! HE'S LIKE THE BEST FREE-SKIER EVER. WAS ANYONE HERE FOR THAT??!!!"

Of course the tourists have no fucking clue. A minute or two goes by, and the other announcer was like, "Chadly, that was not Cody Townsend, that was Chris Benchetler." Response from Chadly was, "Oh yeah, I mean I used to watch Seth and Blizzard of Ozzs, and matchstick. Anyway, that was sick. He painted that for like days. And they are both really tall and blonde."

I think I was the only one laughing from the getgo and if there was a mic to be dropped it should have, but nobody had a clue.

I savored the moment, under the bridge, laughing my ass off for a long time and thinking what a great remote call out, and giving props in my head to the distant Cody wherever he shall have sended, and painted.

I honestly can't make this shit up. It's the best call out not call out ever. #priceless

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	643.5 KB 
ID:	418584

The ultimate action sports experience. Prop the fucking server doors por favor. They probably have a trailer for the truck with the WY plates. I don't even think they were 22, but I could be wrong, I was laughing again too hard. Pure liquid aqua silkiness. People were asking if it was OK to pet the corduroy hats with the chicken lines. I kid you not.

Has Fail bought Squaw yet? I haven't been in a long long time. Oh snap, I guess we're not supposed to say that.

WILL CHRIS PLEASE CHANGE HIS USERNAME. MODS???? JEBUS, GET WITH IT.

And, Cody, please just keep posting those painting vids. The 50 has nothing on your post-modern Bob Ross psychedelica.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 06-10-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Reposting
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Owen wants me to take him to a Gray Day show
    The dude can drive his own ass for ass.

from CA DMV

“During the first 12 months after you are licensed, you cannot drive between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. and cannot transport passengers under 20 years old, unless accompanied by a California-licensed parent or guardian, a California-licensed driver 25 years old or older, or a licensed or certified driving instructor.”

sorry man you really just don’t know everything - as much as you’d like to think you do

Things That Amuse You

Oh, nevermind.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 06-12-2022 at 02:47 AM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Picture 300+ people in downtown Vail, watching a slack liner above a bunch of freestyle kayakers competing in a play wave during the GoPro games. Bleachers, 2 announcers, boom cameras, the whole nine. Streaming, all that shit. Big HD livescreens. The whole 9.

And joe bro announcer is like, "DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN CODY TOWNSEND WAS HERE FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND PAINTING A PICTURE FOR THE WHOLE TIME, SICK! HE'S LIKE THE BEST FREE-SKIER EVER. WAS ANYONE HERE FOR THAT??!!!"

Of course the tourists have no fucking clue. A minute or two goes by, and the other announcer was like, "Chadly, that was not Cody Townsend, that was Chris Benchetler." Response from Chadly was, "Oh yeah, I mean I used to watch Seth and Blizzard of Ozzs, and matchstick. Anyway, that was sick. He painted that for like days. And they are both really tall and blonde."

I think I was the only one laughing from the getgo and if there was a mic to be dropped it should have, but nobody had a clue.

I savored the moment, under the bridge, laughing my ass off for a long time and thinking what a great remote call out, and giving props in my head to the distant Cody wherever he shall have sended, and painted.

I honestly can't make this shit up. It's the best call out not call out ever. #priceless

The ultimate action sports experience. Prop the fucking server doors por favor. They probably have a trailer for the truck with the WY plates. I don't even think they were 22, but I could be wrong, I was laughing again too hard. Pure liquid aqua silkiness. People were asking if it was OK to pet the corduroy hats with the chicken lines. I kid you not.

Has Fail bought Squaw yet? I haven't been in a long long time. Oh snap, I guess we're not supposed to say that.

And, Cody, please just keep posting those painting vids. The 50 has nothing on your post-modern Bob Ross psychedelica.
    As a side note, Chris is pretty active on Twitter with his art.
    https://twitter.com/ChrisBenchetler?...wXKtvtArA&s=09

Things That Amuse You

While driving, I get a call from the funeral home in the town where my dad lives. Figured it was probably spam, but answered anyways.

“Hi, this is Mustonen”

“Oh hi Mustonen, I’m sorry, I thought this was your sister. Hey, anyways, just wanted to call and touch base and see how you’re doing with your dad passing away.”

“Pretty sure you got the wrong number, but I guess we need to dig in on this and make sure. This is my-full-name.”

“Oh I’m sorry, yeah, this must be the wrong number.”

“Ok, so…. My dad didn’t die?”

“Uh, no, so sorry about that.”
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    While driving, I get a call from the funeral home in the town where my dad lives. Figured it was probably spam, but answered anyways.

“Hi, this is Mustonen”

“Oh hi Mustonen, I’m sorry, I thought this was your sister. Hey, anyways, just wanted to call and touch base and see how you’re doing with your dad passing away.”

“Pretty sure you got the wrong number, but I guess we need to dig in on this and make sure. This is my-full-name.”

“Oh I’m sorry, yeah, this must be the wrong number.”

“Ok, so…. My dad didn’t die?”

“Uh, no, so sorry about that.”
    Missed opportunity there.

“Oh right, so, you’ve already been told he’s to be buried in his favorite gimp suit, right?”

“Does the organist already have the sheet music for ‘walk don’t run’ by the Ventures or should I bring that by?”

“Listen bud, just because I’m bereaved, doesn’t make me a sap!!!”

“Have you already talked to the bounce castle guy?”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I'm going with "Louie, Louie" Sounds pretty good on an organ.

Foggy's crew comes home to roost for the big 50th:

https://coloradosun.com/2022/06/14/r...mboat-springs/

If I can find parking, I think I will go up there with my camera and document it. I've never been to one of their gatherings, but them and the juggalos have been on my list for decades just to see what it really is all about on the ground. I'll bring 10 trash bags and 100 condoms to quell my conscious.

Name:  rainbow gathering.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  49.3 KB

https://colorado2022rainbowgathering...t-getting.html
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 06-14-2022 at 11:59 PM.

Dreams.

Its been 50 years since HS and there I was back in the classroom.

Teacher asking difficult questions and calling on people.

Question 1. I knew the answer, didn't get called. Question 2. Same.

Question 3. I could not even understand and of course she called on me.

Fortunately I woke up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Foggy's crew comes home to roost for the big 50th:

https://coloradosun.com/2022/06/14/r...mboat-springs/

If I can find parking, I think I will go up there with my camera and document it. I've never been to one of their gatherings, but them and the juggalos have been on my list for decades just to see what it really is all about on the ground. I'll bring 10 trash bags and 100 condoms to quell my conscious.

Name:  rainbow gathering.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  49.3 KB

https://colorado2022rainbowgathering...t-getting.html
    Wow, this is right up the road, maybe 10-15 miles or so from where I’ll be on July 4. Will have to take a side trip to see what’s up.

What bands are playing?

heh.

Asked the 17 year old manning the tgr truck booth today, 'so, no bathrobes? ".

He's like, wtf do you mean bathrobes?

I said, bathrobes, do you have any bathrobes?

Just then his 22 year old supervisor came up and the kid told him what I said.

Supervisor was like, I have one in the truck if you really want it.

I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you tgr.

I always ask Fred to check the Breck Outpost to see if they're fully stocked on bathrobes before venturing out.

I loved Seth in Blizzard of Aahhhs. Right after Plake's Chamonix segment.
    I still call it The Jake.

Name:  9FCB9316-941F-43A9-B7B8-2961C7AA66F4.jpeg
Views: 362
Size:  101.6 KB

Laps. You are sad. Where is mime? Do you realize (great song by the way) that this has been posted probably 30+ times here? Also in more appropriate places?

No you don't. So can you ball shot yourself now and pull a Bunzy?

Nice edit.

Conversations with AI not so different than some of the ones on here:

Name:	A23094CB-503F-46E1-9102-6C67972FCBFB.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	419071

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...enohLufdPT05WQ

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Conversations with AI not so different than some of the ones on here:

Name:	A23094CB-503F-46E1-9102-6C67972FCBFB.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	419071

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...enohLufdPT05WQ
    If AI starts to double down on irrational and untrue statements, threaten violence if its dad is mentioned, and set off on an insurmountable quest to make life unreasonably difficult, then yep, TRG is ready for AI.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If AI starts to double down on irrational and untrue statements, threaten violence if its dad is mentioned, and set off on an insurmountable quest to make life unreasonably difficult, then yep, TRG is ready for AI.
    Now I'm going to start bringing up dads and threatening curb stompings while ordering groceries and delivery just to see if I can figure out where all the lucky Turing test bots went from here.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.