Page 166 of 238 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5942
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The contrast of the hat and the button
    Ha! I had that same hat way back when.

I think it’s funny now how the entirety of the bro-brah ski world went from “if it’s not Haines spines, it’s shit” to bagging on ski resorts if they’re anything less than The Yellowstone Club with the KT-22 chair and terrain strapped to it with 2’ of fresh every morning.

I subscribe to the turns is turns mindset and think you can have a blast at any resort be it Cham, or Alta, or Vail or a 400’ molehill on a spring day. I feel sad for the skier that lost that idea along the way - probably on the altar of instagram if I had to bet.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I feel sad for the skier that lost that idea along the way - probably on the altar of instagram if I had to bet.
    I'm doing OK, you don't need to feel sad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I'm doing OK, you don't need to feel sad for me.
    One less soul to pray for. Good to hear.

A true alpha never skis across another man’s tracks. That’s beta behavior

It's easy for all us utards. Just wait til we're on our death bed, then join the church, make our annual tithe and die. Saved.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    It's easy for all us utards. Just wait til we're on our death bed, then join the church, make our annual tithe and die. Saved.

A couple of wide-eyed lads on their mission calling caught me coming home from breaking trail the other day.
    I was nice. Pretty sure I still scared them, but I might have just stunk since I was still wet.
    They seemed like great kids and seemed to appreciate the OJ & protein bars. I'm glad they were straight on Ukraine. They left in high spirits and I considered it a positive encounter with the LDS church.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Whoever came up with the idea that you could sin all your life and then accept Jesus as your savior on your deathbed and go straight to heaven was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Whoever came up with the idea that you could sin all your life and then accept Jesus as your savior on your deathbed and go straight to heaven was a genius.
    I had a Catholic roommate in college that used confession to excuse all his debauchery. It, indeed, is fuckin' GENIUS.

To be fair, confession only excuses one's spiritual self. It's the contrite donations that feed the calf.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I had a Catholic roommate in college that used confession to excuse all his debauchery. It, indeed, is fuckin' GENIUS.

Except they took it one step too far by selling indulgences which brought on the Reformation which was worse.

Meanwhile--I had to learn from Colbert that David isn't circumcised. I've seen the statue IRL but frankly I wasn't looking that hard at the dick.

That there is a FB group titled "Bad Drivers near Durango and the Four Corners area" is damn amusing. And that I found out about it from a Durango Herald post on FB about an article titled "parallel parking attempt goes awry on Main Avenue in downtown Durango", with the accompanying comment of "A Durango man hit two cars and took out a parking meter while parallel parking in the 900 block of Main Avenue" is also damn amusing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I subscribe to the turns is turns mindset and think you can have a blast at any resort be it Cham, or Alta, or Vail or a 400’ molehill on a spring day. I feel sad for the skier that lost that idea along the way - probably on the altar of instagram if I had to bet.
    I remember back in the late 60s when friends would come back to WI from a CO ski trip and refuse to ski our shitty little 200 vertical ice bumps anymore.
    I thought them chumps then and that was way before Instagram.

If I had to live back in the midwest, you bet your ass I'd be raging Wilmot, Alpine Valley and Little Switzerland. At least they were 30-40 minute drives.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Alarm on my old Volvo was glitching out the other day (it does that once in a while every few years) and was getting tripped for nothing. Apparently a mockingbird heard it and decided to add it to his repertoire. Like PERFECTLY. I've been fooled a few times now where I think my car's siren is going off, go outside to check and it's the bird again. Now OTHER mockingbirds in the neighborhood have started imitating him so once in a while it sounds like my car's alarm is going off all over the neighborhood, but it's really just a bunch of birds showing off to teh ladies. This one really cracked me up. Nature's amusing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Alarm on my old Volvo was glitching out the other day (it does that once in a while every few years) and was getting tripped for nothing. Apparently a mockingbird heard it and decided to add it to his repertoire. Like PERFECTLY. I've been fooled a few times now where I think my car's siren is going off, go outside to check and it's the bird again. Now OTHER mockingbirds in the neighborhood have started imitating him so once in a while it sounds like my car's alarm is going off all over the neighborhood, but it's really just a bunch of birds showing off to teh ladies. This one really cracked me up. Nature's amusing sometimes.
    Rotflmao. This could only happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I remember back in the late 60s when friends would come back to WI from a CO ski trip and refuse to ski our shitty little 200 vertical ice bumps anymore.
    I thought them chumps then and that was way before Instagram.

If I had to live back in the midwest, you bet your ass I'd be raging Wilmot, Alpine Valley and Little Switzerland. At least they were 30-40 minute drives.
    Right? Chumps.

That’s hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Right? Nature is even mocking your never ending automotive troubles. That’s gotta be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Right? Nature is even mocking your never ending automotive troubles. That’s gotta be rough.
    LMAO. That's exactly what it felt like. I got a laff out of it. However, it's all good. Car only does it occasionally. Like at most a few times a year, and this was actually the first time it's done it in a couple years, so it's not even worth troubleshooting. Now that I'm at 222K and counting, I'm not complaining. And believe it or not, both my cars have been surprisingly trouble free ever since I ironed out all the C30's kinks after the head gasket debacle. Put 5K+ miles on it with no mechanical problems now! Hooray! All my CURRENT wrenching's just on the car I bought broken which should hopefully be operational within the next week or so!

The neighbors must love you for that.

Whistling zip a dee do dah.

That is awesome.

Fuck yeahs

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    The neighbors must love you for that.
    Hahaha. I doubt anybody's made the connection. They are some fascinating, but seriously noisy birds. I'm just glad the one I had hanging out by my bedroom window every night finally got laid. Apparently that's what shuts them up. Few years ago, some asshole mockingbird was going off ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT, for months. And they don't just go tweet tweet or something. They cycle through everything they can remember, which is an impressively large number of songs, and they are LOUD AF. The subtitles this guy added perfectly express my feelings on them.

You should try having loud sex with the windows open this summer when the birds are active. Teach them something new to sing,

Mockingbird?

Hahaha. I doubt anybody's made the connection. They are some fascinating, but seriously noisy birds. I'm just glad the one I had hanging out by my bedroom window every night finally got laid. Apparently that's what shuts them up. Few years ago, some asshole mockingbird was going off ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT, for months. And they don't just go tweet tweet or something. They cycle through everything they can remember, which is an impressively large number of songs, and they are LOUD AF. The subtitles this guy added perfectly express my feelings on them.

Yeah .... not amusing in the least.

Nuke from orbit, blow the remaining sub-atomic particles away with a fan.

50 ish Peter Pan on the lift blasting his speakers at boom box volume. All I could think of was that he must have forgotten his hearing aids.

Sticker on lift tower:

“Yesterday was better.”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    50 ish Peter Pan on the lift blasting his speakers at boom box volume. All I could think of was that he must have forgotten his hearing aids.
    What?! I can't hear you!