Page 136 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 5765
    +2, Ms Boissal doesn't seem to differentiate between her inner monologue and her spoken words. It's one big story in her head and she's convinced I hear 100% of it while I really am privy to maybe 5%. Of course it's the most obtuse 5% that gets verbalized. When I tell her I have no idea what she's talking about since she's 1000 miles away from where she left the conversation in the first place to continue it in her head she gets annoyed with me and accuses me of not listening...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    +2, Ms Boissal doesn't seem to differentiate between her inner monologue and her spoken words. It's one big story in her head and she's convinced I hear 100% of it while I really am privy to maybe 5%. Of course it's the most obtuse 5% that gets verbalized. When I tell her I have no idea what she's talking about since she's 1000 miles away from where she left the conversation in the first place to continue it in her head she gets annoyed with me and accuses me of not listening...
    Story of my life:statements completely out of context.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That’s funny.

My fiancé is guilty of malaprops. But I didn’t know the word for it until today.
    focus.

I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess.

Same here.

And I'll add: I can ask Mrs C a question, looking straight at her, and I know she heard me.... but doesn't respond. When I prompt her for a response, she claims she answered and that I must be going deaf because I'm sitting right there.

Maybe this belongs in the "I love my wife, but JHC" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

This happens often in my home, except I haven’t tried the “you didn’t say those words out loud” approach. I just eventually have to admit that I tuned out mid-conversation if I can’t BS my way through it.

Also, what doesn’t amuse me is some of the cringe on this page. I can relate to and appreciate the discomfort/awkwardness of your child having sex in an adjacent room, but the implication that I would creep on such a thing and then share such creeping on the internet is one that I can’t reconcile with anything amusing. Not to be a square….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    This happens often in my home, except I haven’t tried the “you didn’t say those words out loud” approach. I just eventually have to admit that I tuned out mid-conversation if I can’t BS my way through it.

Also, what doesn’t amuse me is some of the cringe on this page. I can relate to and appreciate the discomfort/awkwardness of your child having sex in an adjacent room, but the implication that I would creep on such a thing and then share such creeping on the internet is one that I can’t reconcile with anything amusing. Not to be a square….
    It’s Viva, you’re surprised by his creepiness?

I just gently and firmly remind her that she's got some conversation going on in her head to which I haven't been invited. An invitation with follow up would be nice.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well, no. That part I actually did find amusing. Plus he didn’t keep up on his normal Tuesday obligations because he had company, so the story played out well….

It was more the “useless without pics” kind of commentary that gave me pause.

But I’m probably just getting soft in my dotage.

Carry on, I guess.
    focus.

Next thing you know people will be surprised at his casual racism.

All this spousal talk and the stuff they don't actually verbalize is amusing, unless it's being posted in the Tammy thread.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Next thing you know people will be surprised at his casual racism.
    While these are both true

nothing about his sharing here seemed creepy to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, no. That part I actually did find amusing. Plus he didn’t keep up on his normal Tuesday obligations because he had company, so the story played out well….

It was more the “useless without pics” kind of commentary that gave me pause.

But I’m probably just getting soft in my dotage.

Carry on, I guess.
    I guess I failed with my attempt at irony.

Things That Amuse You

I wonder why that is…
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I wonder why that is…
    Why don’t you just say what you mean…

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    My wife is known for malaprops. It's bananas the shit she'll say sometimes. I've never gotten used to it. Smart lady, but wow. So last night she's been away for a week, she's back, we're at dinner, she tells me that this guy we know, Paul, his wife is in the hospital. And he has four armadillos she really likes and we're gonna take care of while she's in the hospital.

And I'm like, there's no fucking way. Absolutely not. Not even one armadillo. It's bad enough I just had to take care of the damn dogs for a week, I'm not taking care of any fucking armadilos. I was getting kind of hot about it, actually.

Turns out they're amaryllises. That's completely different.
    My wife is a prolific generator of malaprops. She also doesn't know her right from her left, especially when giving directions. Not surprising since she's left handed. She'll say "turn left" while pointing right. When I turn left she complains I should have looked where she was pointing. Sorry, I was watching the road. She's predictable enough that if I turn the opposite way from what she says I'm correct more often than not. She can't understand I'd rather listen to the Google maps lady (who apparently has no name. And while we're on the subject--is there a name for the voice that says "Arrivederci" when you leave an Italian toll booth? I'm in love.)

Why don’t you just say what you mean…
    I find this more amusing

I find this more amusing
    Not surprising, simple minds are easily entertained

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1664560386.452595.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	705.1 KB 
ID:	428137

Oh sick, looks like a battle of trg’s dimmest of wits is at hand!
    It’s hard to pick this one, but I’m going with smellymike, douchekorn is truly stupid.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1664560386.452595.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	705.1 KB 
ID:	428137
    Doesn’t AA teach self reflection?

I’m sitting at the Toyota dealer getting new tires when the service manager comes over. Introduces himself and then grabs a chair and pulls it up in front of me. I can feel it coming when he says, “I have some bad news for you.”

He says that my truck fell off the lift and it’s damaged heavily and they’ll need to keep it awhile. It’s a year old, so in my mind I’m already asking for a new one, when I see the smile across his face. He tells me that he’s just kidding and that my coworkers put him up to it. Fuckers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I’m sitting at the Toyota dealer getting new tires when the service manager comes over. Introduces himself and then grabs a chair and pulls it up in front of me. I can feel it coming when he says, “I have some bad news for you.”

He says that my truck fell off the lift and it’s damaged heavily and they’ll need to keep it awhile. It’s a year old, so in my mind I’m already asking for a new one, when I see the smile across his face. He tells me that he’s just kidding and that my coworkers put him up to it. Fuckers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That shit ain't funny. And they are gonna be fucked when one falls off the lift for real.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Oh sick, looks like a battle of trg’s dimmest of wits is at hand!
    It’s hard to pick this one, but I’m going with smellymike, douchekorn is truly stupid.
    I wonder how much space Mikey and I occupy in your atrophied brain? Such a sad little man.