Page 10 of 236 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    ^ That amuses me.

This isn’t strictly amusing, but it’s really fucking nice when the tourist season finally drops off and you can relax and drive/walk thru town easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ That amuses me.

This isn’t strictly amusing, but it’s really fucking nice when the tourist season finally drops off and you can relax and drive/walk thru town easily.
    Agreed. Went for a lunch ride today and there were about a dozen people on a 10-mile trail ride. And a golden eagle. It's a nice time of year...

“Today marks the 35th anniversary of the death of Sir Douglas Bader and I couldn’t let it pass without this story about the RAF hero,” Tucker wrote. “He was giving a talk at an upmarket girl’s school about his time as a pilet in the Second World War.

“’So there were two of the f***ers behind me, three f***ers to my right, another f***er on the left,’ he told the audience. The headmistress went pale and interjected: ‘Ladies, the Fokker was a German aircraft.’ Sir Douglas replied: ‘That may be madam, but these f***ers were in Messerschmitts’.”
    https://startsat60.com/discover/opin...pilot-memories

And no, I don't follow that web site.

The idea of an electric British car.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    The idea of an electric British car.
    where are they going to get the parts to make one after they crash out?

http://Dog Owner Mortified After Poo...d for it, Sara
    Dog Owner Mortified After Pooch Is Left 'Literally Buzzing' By Dildo Discovery
    News
    Any dog owner will tell you there is no end to what your pooch can discover while out on a walk, be it a squirrel to chase or an irresistible turd to roll in. But there very much was an end to what a basset hound in Northumberland uncovered while out in the woods yesterday (Monday) afternoon.
    Sara Middleton was walking three-year-old Flossie when she discovered an eight-inch toy that left her 'literally buzzing'... Just in case that's not clear - it was a massive dildo. 

Flossie found a massive dildo and wouldn't let go. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
    To make matters worse, Flossie didn't plan on just having a quick chew on the thing and refused to drop the plastic penis from her mouth for two miles.
    Understandably, firefighter Sara was keen to remove the embarrassing toy from Flossie's mouth, chasing her and even attempting to entice her with biscuits.
    However, the treats were no temptation for the 'buzzing' basset hound, and Sara was unable to prise the dildo off her before a fellow dog walker advised that 'most owners give their dog a ball'.
    Reflecting on the embarrassing outing, the 40-year-old said: "I have no idea why it was there. Normally people just have a picnic in the woods, I thought.
    "I didn't realise what it was at first. I have five basset hounds in total so they all trot off and do their little thing and I noticed she had something in her mouth. It's not something you would usually find on your day-to-day walk.

"Obviously I wasn't sure what it was at first until I got a closer look. I was absolutely horrified and thought why would that be in the woods?" 

Flossie carried the eight-incher for two miles. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
    Well, there are two main dog-based woodland activities aren't there? Dog walking, and, just dogging... If you have a better explanation then by all means let's hear it.
    Anyway, Sara said Flossie ended up being quite protective over her new toy.
    "She refused to give it up. When you would go next to her, she would think it was a game so she would growl if anybody would go near it," she said. 

"I was chasing her and everything and she kept running away with it. All the other dogs were wondering what it was and every time they went near it she would growl at them to keep them away and charge in front with it in her mouth.

"I was trying to encourage her to drop it by waving biscuits at her and things, but she wasn't letting go of this. They were all playing a game to get it off her. Every time I was going near it she was going off and picking up speed, shall we say." 

Sara has five basset hounds - only one has ever found a massive dildo. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
    Fortunately/Unfortunately, Flossie did eventually let the dildo go.
    Sara said: "Flossie basically dropped it a little way before we got into the van so luckily I didn't have to take it home with me. I left it there, to be honest."

We'll take your word for it, Sara
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    where are they going to get the parts to make one after they crash out?
    Aren't they made in China anyway? That's not the point. The point is British vehicles are known for dodgy electrical stuffs. So an all electric one? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A married man who died of a heart attack after having sex on a business trip in France was ruled to have been the victim of a workplace accident — making his company financially responsible, according to reports.

Engineer Xavier X was found dead in his hotel room in Meung-sur-Loire shortly after having sex with a local woman he’d just met, according to the Times of London.

Lawyers for his bosses at the Parisian railroad construction company TSO insisted he was not performing duties when he had the heart attack — blaming the “adulterous sex act that he had had with a complete stranger,” according to the report.

But appeals court judges ruled that an employee on assignment “is entitled to their employer’s protection for the duration of their mission … whether or not the accident takes place as part of a professional activity or as an act of normal life,” the report said.

They held up a 2016 lower court ruling in the case that stated, “A sexual encounter is an act of normal life like taking a shower or eating a meal,” according to the Times.

That means the February 2013 death of Xavier X, whose surname was not released, is officially an “accident du travail,” which entitles the victim’s family to benefits from both the state and employer.

Any partners and children will receive a monthly benefit of up to 80 percent of his salary until what would have been his retirement age and then a share of his pension.

Xavier’s employer fought the decision but lost at all stages, the outlet reported.

Getting screwed to death by a hook and the family collecting monthly benefits.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post

Getting screwed to death by a hook and the family collecting monthly benefits.
    Rob Ford coulda used that.

Imagine if that ruling happened in the US south, people would lose their minds

Just heard an Earth song as an intro on NPR. Unexpected

Two Amish men escape police after being pulled over for drinking and driving their horse and buggy

Two Amish men drinking spiked iced tea in a horse and buggy, a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra sitting atop their horse and buggy and a giant stereo system inside.

It's not something you'd expect to see every day. But authorities with the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department in Ohio say that's exactly what they saw during a routine patrol in the county's Amish community.

Deputy Joe Dragovich was on patrol that early morning on September 15. When he attempted to stop and question the two men about drinking and driving, they leapt out of the buggy and made their great escape -- disappearing into the woods on the side of the road, according to the report obtained by CNN affiliate WJW.

A call by CNN to obtain a copy of the police report was not immediately returned.

Meanwhile, the horse pulling the buggy also took off running, but Dragovich managed to catch up to it. The men, though, were gone.

Yeah, definitely not a routine stop.

Dragovich said he turned the horse over to a local farmer until the two men come forward. He told WJW that the two men could be charged with failure to comply with the deputy's commands.

He also said drinking and driving laws still apply to the buggy, even if its not licensed.

"Maybe there's just that fear of the consequences and that would be a reality check for them, that there are consequences," he said.

Still, he's encouraging the two men to come forward and retrieve their horse and buggy.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Reminds me of the doc about the guy several years ago. He got popped for a DUI while riding s lawn mower. Maybe these should be in the police behaving badly thread too!

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Two Amish men escape police after being pulled over for drinking and driving their horse and buggy

Two Amish men drinking spiked iced tea in a horse and buggy, a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra sitting atop their horse and buggy and a giant stereo system inside.

It's not something you'd expect to see every day. But authorities with the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department in Ohio say that's exactly what they saw during a routine patrol in the county's Amish community.

Deputy Joe Dragovich was on patrol that early morning on September 15. When he attempted to stop and question the two men about drinking and driving, they leapt out of the buggy and made their great escape -- disappearing into the woods on the side of the road, according to the report obtained by CNN affiliate WJW.

A call by CNN to obtain a copy of the police report was not immediately returned.

Meanwhile, the horse pulling the buggy also took off running, but Dragovich managed to catch up to it. The men, though, were gone.

Yeah, definitely not a routine stop.

Dragovich said he turned the horse over to a local farmer until the two men come forward. He told WJW that the two men could be charged with failure to comply with the deputy's commands.

He also said drinking and driving laws still apply to the buggy, even if its not licensed.

"Maybe there's just that fear of the consequences and that would be a reality check for them, that there are consequences," he said.

Still, he's encouraging the two men to come forward and retrieve their horse and buggy.
    I don't see the problem as long as the horse was sober.

yep, horses pretty much drive themselves.....

My lady says that they should have turned the horses loose, and follow them back home.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    My lady says that they should have turned the horses loose, and follow them back home.
    Pretty much.

Men who own more than 10 pairs of shoes. That's amusing to me...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Men who own more than 10 pairs of shoes. That's amusing to me...
    I own more than 10. But mostly it's a bunch of old beat up ones that still "work" so I don't throw them away, but are too beat up for work (even by my low standards) so I never wear them. But can't bring myself to get rid of them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I own more than 10. But mostly it's a bunch of old beat up ones that still "work" so I don't throw them away, but are too beat up for work (even by my low standards) so I never wear them. But can't bring myself to get rid of them.
    Hoarding tendencies are also amusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hoarding tendencies are also amusing to me.
    heh, I know that I have more shoes than the average guy, but otherwise I'm not much of a hoarder. My first job in high school was at a sneaker store, which is probably the root cause of my shoe-dom. But I'm not out buying more, probably purchased one pair of shoes in the last 3 years.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Let's see. Walking shoes 2 pr. Running shoes 2 pair. Dress shoes 3 pr. Hiking shoes 2 pr. Hiking boots 1 pr. Painting shoes 2 pr. Slip on winter shoes 1 pr. Flip flops 4 pair, Sorels 1 pr. Ski boots 1 pr. XC boots 1 pr. Chacos 1 pr. Keens 1 pr. I did recently throw out an old pair of hiking shoes that don't fit any more and a pair of work boots that were at least 40 years old. I should give away the hiking boots--they're unused and my heavy backpacking days are over--and the XC boots--anyone want a pair of ankle high leather 3 pin Asolos?

Edit-forgot the cycling shoes.
    Last edited by old goat; 09-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

heh, I know that I have more shoes than the average guy, but otherwise I'm not much of a hoarder. My first job in high school was at a sneaker store, which is probably the root cause of my shoe-dom. But I'm not out buying more, probably purchased one pair of shoes in the last 3 years.
    Damn. I wear out the soles of 1-2 pairs a year, I don't feel like I walk that much more than a normal person but maybe I do? And I'm not buying those shoes with super light soles that are a thin coat of rubber on foam.

Old shoes get put into rotation as post hiking or yard work shoes until the soles are completely gone or something else fails

Ok I gotta pipe up on this. Even I don’t own 10 pairs of shoes. Those things are expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent