Page 57 of 238 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 5942
    450+??

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    450+??
    okay, 400 is more like it. but no less. 2 of the fattest fully ambulatory blokes i have ever seen.
    swing your fucking sword.

I got a voicemail message, probably from a spammer, but after a dead-air pause it said “Sorry, you did not reveal yourself to be human. Goodbye.”

Dress code got relaxed at work about a year ago. I have a bunch of dress shirts and ties that I never wear anymore. I busted a tie out on Tuesday, just to keep things exciting and take a wistful walk down memory lane.

Lots of chatter and skepticism from coworkers around the whole thing, I think they’re sure I had an interview elsewhere. Not sure if I should be a little flattered by their apparent insecurity or take their cue that I should have been interviewing elsewhere.
    focus.

Amazon Warehouse. I didn't know this exists but it's Amazon's returned/used/overstock site, accessible from thr dropdown menu on the main Amazon page. There's some amusing stuff on there. Used pillows? No thanks. Used candles? um no. Used trash bags? wtf.

Not all the stuff is used and I assume a lot of it is just "open box" stuff that hasn't been actually used, but still. I'm not taking chance on a used pillow, sorry.

This came up because an electrician is here working and he went to install a dimmer. He had to cut open the clamshell packaging but inside that the dimmer's wire ends were twisted and curled like it had been used, and on the side of the dimmer somebody had written "No Good" in sharpie. But it was sealed inside the clamshell, so obviously it had been repackaged so it could be sold as new. Which is not very amusing.

The cheap bubble level I bought at the hardware store is not on the level. How the fuck did the Chinese fuck that up?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The cheap bubble level I bought at the hardware store is not on the level. How the fuck did the Chinese fuck that up?
    "You had one job! One job!

Just had the craziest interaction with a vendor, a courier. So I’ve been using this company for 25 years. Maybe 3 dozen projects a year, certainly not huge volume but not a once a year thing. The price has gone up a little over the years, 95% of the projects are like one box, 3 hour delivery. Back in the day it was like $18 then $23 then $27, that’s cool. Especially when gas is high, although rates stayed the same when gas went down. For an extra box a few extra bucks is fair.

So at their request a few years back they want me to use their horrible interface web site, which doesn’t give the cost before you hit the send button. Where if you call them you get a price. So a few weeks back I send one, bill my client, and then a week later get the courier bill and it’s $45. I mean obv not going to put me out of biz, but I did the project on a tight margin and that’s a burrito out of my pocket. So I send a polite email, hey was this a typo, is this the new cost? Etc.

Owner calls me up all geeked out saying I’m nickel and dimeing them and I’m fired. His tone had a distinctly Trumpian flourish to it.

Who knows maybe his gerbil died or maybe I’m out of line. He’s like you haven’t used us since late 2019, I didn’t get a chance to tell him that’s cause the client is out of biz. He also didn’t say if I should pay $35 or $45.

Things That Amuse You

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Just had the craziest interaction with a vendor, a courier. So I’ve been using this company for 25 years. Maybe 3 dozen projects a year, certainly not huge volume but not a once a year thing. The price has gone up a little over the years, 95% of the projects are like one box, 3 hour delivery. Back in the day it was like $18 then $23 then $27, that’s cool. Especially when gas is high, although rates stayed the same when gas went down. For an extra box a few extra bucks is fair.

So at their request a few years back they want me to use their horrible interface web site, which doesn’t give the cost before you hit the send button. Where if you call them you get a price. So a few weeks back I send one, bill my client, and then a week later get the courier bill and it’s $45. I mean obv not going to put me out of biz, but I did the project on a tight margin and that’s a burrito out of my pocket. So I send a polite email, hey was this a typo, is this the new cost? Etc.

Owner calls me up all geeked out saying I’m nickel and dimeing them and I’m fired. His tone had a distinctly Trumpian flourish to it.

Who knows maybe his gerbil died or maybe I’m out of line. He’s like you haven’t used us since late 2019, I didn’t get a chance to tell him that’s cause the client is out of biz. He also didn’t say if I should pay $35 or $45.
    I’ve posted about this before, but it’s one of my favorites so I’m posting it again.

Similar situation.... we purchased a (somewhat janky) telephone system from a vendor. Total contract billing of well over 6 figures for the system. We were trying to figure out how to maybe solve a problem with the system, and one of my staff called to see if a particular module was purchased and already installed and if so if there was any documentation on leveraging it.

A few weeks later on the monthly maintenance bill there’s an additional line item for $40 for the call. I send a polite email to my point of contact, who was the president of the company, and asked him if this was typical or maybe a mistake, since it wasn’t really some kind of break-fix or new configuration, but more of a relationship/sales inquiry. He proceeds to lecture me on how business works. A few months later we bid out replacing the system, and didn’t ask him to submit a bid. A year or so after that we acquired another of his larger clients and we wound down all of his support services (long term contracts at over $10k/month, in addition to large capital installations).

It wasn’t all over $40, by any means, but it sure did feel good all the same.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Amazon Warehouse. I didn't know this exists but it's Amazon's returned/used/overstock site, accessible from thr dropdown menu on the main Amazon page. There's some amusing stuff on there. Used pillows? No thanks. Used candles? um no. Used trash bags? wtf.

Not all the stuff is used and I assume a lot of it is just "open box" stuff that hasn't been actually used, but still. I'm not taking chance on a used pillow, sorry.

This came up because an electrician is here working and he went to install a dimmer. He had to cut open the clamshell packaging but inside that the dimmer's wire ends were twisted and curled like it had been used, and on the side of the dimmer somebody had written "No Good" in sharpie. But it was sealed inside the clamshell, so obviously it had been repackaged so it could be sold as new. Which is not very amusing.
    I used to love being handed a surgical instrument and finding repair tape still on it--the tape I had put on the last time to tell them to fix it when I found the instrument broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

sounds like his gerbil died up inside of him to be that butthurt about an inquiry

if he had answered rationally you probably would have been like, "ok sounds good, just wanted to check for future reference" and he wouldn't have lost a customer either. people are weird
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    sounds like his gerbil died up inside of him to be that butthurt about an inquiry

if he had answered rationally you probably would have been like, "ok sounds good, just wanted to check for future reference" and he wouldn't have lost a customer either. people are weird
    Meh, America and Americans in a nutshell. We are despicably avaricious, and proud of it.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Uphill skiers complaining about having to walk another 2-300 yards
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Uphill skiers complaining about having to walk another 2-300 yards
    Well, they may have to get closer to a lift than their religion allows.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    This wildlife cam of a black bear taking a bath in a stream is really amusing. For a split second he or she even washes behind one ear.

“The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

there are 2 different images of uncle rico as thread pics when you scroll through the timeline

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Must have been 13-14years ago and I had a picture of this but it’s gone, I’ve looked and looked - can’t believe I let it slip away.

An odyssey we were working on had the oddest error in the dash message- where it was supposed to say “ elapsed time “

It said. “ erapsed time “

Can’t make that one up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My wife's dog is an asshole. I've grown to love it's quirkiness, but yeah any way you cut it, he is a complete asshole. (Yes, I do love it, it is a sweet kind dog in many ways.)

I was making fun of it doing another asshole thing this weekend, and the wife took offense and told me he is not as bad as I portray him. 15 minutes later, I got to tell my wife her dog knocked over the groover and ate the last shit she took.

Timing is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    My youngest is in her zoom pre-k class and one of the kids is named Charlie.
    Hes the big helper today, so the teacher keeps saying his name over and over again, and it sounds just like the old Charlie the Unicorn flash
    oh sh... I was thinking of posting this in the rat flu thread but was to lazy to look for it... “shun the non believer!...”

"kooksofthecape" IG feed
    usually drivers who've gotten stuck in the sand at cape kiwanda
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 835
Size:  308.7 KB

but this time...someone headed to ski the dune?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7HPp3TB..._web_copy_link

Ouch, that looks expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    [COLOR=#262626]Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 835
Size:  308.7 KB

[/FONT]

no shit

lady throwing a fit at DMV because they won’t let her in w/o a mask
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    no shit

lady throwing a fit at DMV because they won’t let her in w/o a mask
    Film?
    Don’t tease us.

naw but they called the cops
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.