Page 167 of 238 FirstFirst ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 5942
    Bus station chat w/ few of the other neighborhood dads was really odd this morning. We're in PA where skiing is pretty bad, but it's not Florida and we usually get some snow. They knew I was in UT last week and somehow one knew about the 70" they received and asked about it, but couldn't understand how it was possible to ski or fun etc. W/o wanting to drag it further kept it brief that it's fun, but you have to have minimum skill level to enjoy that. You could see the wheels turning, but nothing was registering. Moved on quickly, but left amused by the circumstance. Meanwhile when the conversation is about draft picks or fantasy football I'm in the exact situation they were today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Sticker on lift tower:

“Yesterday was better.”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    That's great
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Bus station chat w/ few of the other neighborhood dads was really odd this morning. We're in PA where skiing is pretty bad, but it's not Florida and we usually get some snow. They knew I was in UT last week and somehow one knew about the 70" they received and asked about it, but couldn't understand how it was possible to ski or fun etc. W/o wanting to drag it further kept it brief that it's fun, but you have to have minimum skill level to enjoy that. You could see the wheels turning, but nothing was registering. Moved on quickly, but left amused by the circumstance. Meanwhile when the conversation is about draft picks or fantasy football I'm in the exact situation they were today.
    If you know, you know. Gotta be a geek to geek out. Etc.

more importantly, your responsibility in that situation is to inform them of the awfulness of all that snow. no need to lie, just highlight how shitty the roads were, delayed openings, shoveling snow, cold, visibility, how tired your legs were etc. Leave out any and all good parts but be sure to mention how happy you are to be back in the comfort of beautiful PA!

Ha no chance any of them are even a bother to the additional ski traffic. I just took a work personality HR quiz thing (herman myer, myers briggs type thing) and one of the options for primary hobbies is "Spectator Sports" which I find that a bit sad that someone could pick that as their primary activity.

My kids aren't as amused as I am with my new term to describe a clusterfuck: fucker-nutter sandwich. I coined it one night dealing with a clusterfuck and at the same time thing#3 had brought home a jar of marshmallow fluff and was making himself a sammie with it. Art was influenced by life.

Riding the chair yesterday which was a great powder day and the guy next to me says if it's not untracked it's not worth skiing. Kind of sad for a 10 year old kid talking to his mom to be that jaded, but that's Tahoe for you.

Kid knows what he’s talking about ! 🤣🤣🤣

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2023-03-30_185139_www.calguns.net.png
Views: 571
Size:  827.1 KB
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Sticker on lift tower:

“Yesterday was better.”
    That guy gets around. I've seen them here in the pnw (plus the "should've been here yesterday" variant)

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

That would work great on fire ants, if you added 50 gallons of gasoline.

Things That Amuse You

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

This is fine

For those who haven't been following along, Afroman's been enjoying a massive resurgence in popularity after the police wrongfully raided his home. Now he's made a freaking hilarious album with videos using the footage from the botched raid. I've been thoroughly enjoying the whole saga. Particularly how he's spun the cop's abuse of justice into something positive for his career and he's been getting a great laugh about it all. What a guy. Of course, now the Adams County Sheriffs Dept is suing him now since they've been so embarrassed about it all. LMAO!!!
    Afroman put home footage of a police raid in music videos. Now the cops are suing him
    https://www.npr.org/2023/03/24/11658...t-music-videos

Lemon Pound Cake's a certified banger!

Um, we covered this the previous week in a different thread. Gonna need some Lemon ton cake.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Um, we covered this the previous week in a different thread. Gonna need some Lemon ton cake.
    Nice! My bad. Still highly amusing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Nice! My bad. Still highly amusing, though.
    And to be fair (To Be Fair), it deserves more attention.

I'm hoping he goes full Sally Weaver with it and cuts another album based on the suit. Sheriff Poundcake and Deputy Karen taking him to court for "humiliation" has be worth at least a single on its own.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

To be fairaahhh...

Arrival to US of flying ticks...pretty good April fools joke by Los Padres Forest association

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230401-132702.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	454005

Aaaaand magidiots blame open boarders.

Champagne at the closest state liquor store is almost gone. I asked the clearly I know there how come (although I speculated)…..the orange asshole getting arrested. So bought a bottle too for mimosas tomorrow 😂😂😂

Getting older amuses me. I’ve let my hair grow out a bit for the first time in a few years….and it’s curly where it always used to be straight. So weird. I’m not sure if I like it or hate it, but it’s pretty damn unruly and I have no idea what to do with it other than just shave it off.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Getting older amuses me. I’ve let my hair grow out a bit for the first time in a few years….and it’s curly where it always used to be straight. So weird. I’m not sure if I like it or hate it, but it’s pretty damn unruly and I have no idea what to do with it other than just shave it off.
    Go with unruly.

I don’t know if this is annoying, amusing, or just stressful, but for weeks I’ve been planning for our Europe trip that starts tomorrow, but somehow my wife and I both messed the dates up and we leave today!

Pro: one extra day of vacation. Con: holy shit.

once when I was a kid I went to visit my grandfather. My parents got my return date wrong. I showed up at the airport and they weren’t there to pick me up. We called and they were not home. This was 1980, pre cell phones, we didn’t even have an answering machine. Finally, by calling their friends, we tracked them down having dinner at a nice restaurant, enjoying the last night without little Mikey. They hurried on down to the airport and promptly drove back to the restaurant. Guess who got to order steak and lobster that night?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.