Page 16 of 235 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    That is awesome if it is true. Ultimate F you.

The perils of outsourcing work to foreign markets; a cautionary tale.

http://shanghai.ist/2019/10/19/man-p...ng-four-times/
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

LOL, Isn't that ironic!!

saw a big group of kids- like 10 of them sprinting around the neighborhood yesterday
    Apparently it was one of the kid's birthday and they were having a competition with the other half of the birthday party attendees where they started with a dime and went around the neighborhood within an hour trying to trade up for "something bigger and/or better" - those were the only rules.
    Then at the end of the hour they presented what they had and chose a winner between the 2 teams

So they showed up at our door with a what they had traded up for so far- a tricycle
    we went into the garage to see what we had and we had a composter that we were going to send to the ReStore this week. We had hosed it out so it was decently clean and the kids were psyched-it's big- so they grabbed it and ran with it off (literally)
    So many things amused me about this- An inexpensive party idea, The kids were having a blast, it seemed relatively safe given that there were like 10 of them together, they had zero qualms about picking up basically a nicer trash barrel and carrying it all around the neighborhood
    Made my day
    Didn't tell them to get off my lawn
    skid luxury

that sounds fun
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    saw a big group of kids- like 10 of them sprinting around the neighborhood yesterday
    Apparently it was one of the kid's birthday and they were having a competition with the other half of the birthday party attendees where they started with a dime and went around the neighborhood within an hour trying to trade up for "something bigger and/or better" - those were the only rules.
    Then at the end of the hour they presented what they had and chose a winner between the 2 teams

So they showed up at our door with a what they had traded up for so far- a tricycle
    we went into the garage to see what we had and we had a composter that we were going to send to the ReStore this week. We had hosed it out so it was decently clean and the kids were psyched-it's big- so they grabbed it and ran with it off (literally)
    So many things amused me about this- An inexpensive party idea, The kids were having a blast, it seemed relatively safe given that there were like 10 of them together, they had zero qualms about picking up basically a nicer trash barrel and carrying it all around the neighborhood
    Made my day
    Didn't tell them to get off my lawn
    so now you're stuck with a tricycle. Is it an adult tricycle? That could come in handy some day.

I am selling an item on ebay. The Buy It Now price was $99, the current bid is $108.

Maybe they'll go higher!

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    So, last night I blew a second tire up at Boyscout camp. So today I drive it across the street to dannys and have them put the winter tires on. Blizzcaks with studs. Then I drove down to McCarren for an 8 piece and Mashed potatoes. On the way back I get on hwy 80 And blend into this line of cars. we are all going about the same speed. Except this Audi riight on my ass. I glance at the speedomitor it between 110 and 115 can you believe that shit! Tailgated at almost 115MPH
    Boyscout camp?

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I am selling an item on ebay. The Buy It Now price was $99, the current bid is $108.
    That’s pretty high for a powder skirt. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Sold a bike trainer yesterday for $320, starting auction was $100, buy it now $250. There were 6 bids over $250...
    I was less amused when I found out the buyer was in Chile, had to cancel his bid and offer to the next guy. Shipping a bike trainer to Chile costs all the $$...

Signs like this in the shitter make me laugh. I mean I can wash my own fucking hands Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F79EA468-9091-45E3-B453-6746BBEFC293.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	477.1 KB 
ID:	299968
    Last edited by Obstruction; 10-29-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Sold a bike trainer yesterday for $320, starting auction was $100, buy it now $250. There were 6 bids over $250...
    I was less amused when I found out the buyer was in Chile, had to cancel his bid and offer to the next guy. Shipping a bike trainer to Chile costs all the $$...
    I'm impressed. I had a trainer to sell but gave up when I saw how many were already listed on CL.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm impressed. I had a trainer to sell but gave up when I saw how many were already listed on CL.
    Hadn't sold/bought anything on ebay in years, figured I'd give it a try, surprised it worked so well. I really wanted the trainer gone though and listed it for way cheaper than any comparables, I'd rather take half of its value than have it sit around...

Drove past this the other day. Can only imagine.

Daddy!, Daddy!, Daddy!, We want a trampoline!

Sorry kids, we don't have the space.

WAAAAaaaaHHHhhh!!

OK...

What could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    so now you're stuck with a tricycle. Is it an adult tricycle? That could come in handy some day.
    already passed it on to one of my coworkers with small children
    hope I dont have use for a child or adult tricycle for, I guess, ever
    skid luxury

I've been constentely shooting film for 30 years.

I can barely remember when I did not have a camera nearby, on a harness, in my hand, or within fall over distance. Usually more than one.

Tonight I amused myself which happens often, but not with such stark immediacy.

I've had this great modded holga for a few years, and I love shooting 35mm panoramic photos from it. 35 on a 6x6. Thank you for 3d printing.

I also very much enjoy shooting full frame with it. I can say that I have the sharpest holga on the planet, but that's not the point.

Anyway, I like the format. Comes from owning a 35mm crop point and shoot that I brought everywhere in the late 80 and 90. I have tons of great images from that. I've posted some here from a long time ago.

I also have a modified Hasselblad back where I experiment.

Anyway, it's always in my front seat of my car, always. But... It's frigid. Like me these days.

Well, I needed to tripod mount it tonight for a brutally cold image or two.

My cable release was bent but I made it work.

5 minute exposure, 7 minute exposure. Then I realized this is all fucked. I hand write my exposures so I know how much to advance the film on the 6x6 with 35. I'm at 24? That's impossible.

I'm really good at loading, so I take a 10 minute exposure at 7 degrees in the middle of the road. I'm freezing in the middle of a highway.

Then the stupidity hits me right in the head while I can still wind endlessly.

I probably ripped that from the cassette 6 shots ago.

Nothing I can do but load it in a tank and realize what a numnut I was.

That amuses me, and my 35 sprocket 220 back 35mm pano Hasselblad project.

The best laughs are at yourself.

Attachment 300120
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've been constentely
    Sorry, not trying to be the typo police, but this is driving me a little nuts.... what do you mean here? Constantly? Consistently?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Sorry, not trying to be the typo police, but this is driving me a little nuts.... what do you mean here? Constantly? Consistently?
    Both, but I was going for consistently, but I was cold, and a little buzzed. So it all kind of rolled together and I went with it.

pets do amuse me so much

Somehow, last night we were talking about "Walk Like an Egyptian", so I played the original Bangles video for my kiddo. I happened to mention that as a teen, I had a serious crush on Susanna Hoffs. So she asked about her, how old she was now, if she was married. So I googled. The wiki result on the google page says "Susanna Lee Hoffs (born January 17, 1959) is an American vocalist, guitarist, actress and songwriter and smoking hottie."

Sadly, when you go to the wiki page, that has been edited out. By the way, after googling, for 60 she is still a smoking hottie.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My wife is really into halloween and really decorates the outside of the house. A group came by and took the last if our candy. I went out to my car to get more. The group was trying to organize a picture in front of the decorations. As I came out one if the adults told everyone to get off my lawn. I told them they were welcome to stand on my lawn for a picture.

Not that amusing I know but I don't want to hear any more if that "Get off my lawn" BS. Not all older people are like that, just some

My dish soap is very proud of itself for having no unnecessary ingredients.

What about artificial flavors?

So I wake up a little early with the clocks set back and pull out the laptop in bed to check out the latest on TGR. I check out many different threads and then pull up the NSFW page. I have a typical pic up and my wife tilts the screen to see what I'm looking at and says "How did I know?"
    She doesn't believe that thread is one of many I read as several other times she has "caught" me. Not a problem, just thought her intuition was amusing. Maybe it was the look on my face that gave it away.