Page 131 of 137 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3407
  1. #3251
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,722
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why don't they just flip the pillow over to cool off?
    Right?

  2. #3252
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    21,445
    I love this pic! Any dog can be an agility dog - he looks so Zen as he floats through the air

    Name:  floatydog.png
Views: 427
Size:  618.0 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  3. #3253
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,876
    Totally zening it; has to cuz ...... no feet??

  4. #3254
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    20,669
    That's an awfully low bar.

  5. #3255
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,022
    Name:  6D6BF6C2-21AB-4913-96CB-4B023568CAB7.jpeg
Views: 462
Size:  57.5 KB

  6. #3256
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,876
    Had a freak friend in college who revered Tom Bombadillo as the second coming. He eventually went waaaaaay beyond the deep end.

  7. #3257
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,022
    Name:  FF1799B5-C5FF-411D-8DAF-E4305569A388.jpeg
Views: 422
Size:  93.2 KB

  8. #3258
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    17,285
    Name:  52C680C5-37D2-482D-B161-1CA55EDAE736.jpeg
Views: 380
Size:  64.1 KB

  9. #3259
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,022

  10. #3260
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,022
    Fast food theme tonight:

    Name:  C18658A3-9D3C-4A47-855C-6BE411A9EBB8.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  190.9 KB

  11. #3261
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,722

  12. #3262
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,876
    I'm available to demonstrate the benefits.

  13. #3263
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,545
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-08-19.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	740.8 KB 
ID:	424158
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  14. #3264
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Still got all your toes? Are the remaining ones permanently stained green?
    My toes are beautiful, thanks for your concern. Properly spaced and sized, tanned, not green, and nearly hairless. Those keen's offer more toe protection than anything else I have around, except the steel toe boots of course. Never seem to get any grass inside them, either. The sole is also firm enough to push a shovel or whatever in to the ground; they're remarkable yard work footwear if I do say so myself!

    Currently watching for a sale on Newports so I can stock up for next summer. Enjoy your hot sweaty lawnmower feet!

  15. #3265
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,722
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    My toes are beautiful, thanks for your concern. Properly spaced and sized, tanned, not green, and nearly hairless. Those keen's offer more toe protection than anything else I have around, except the steel toe boots of course. Never seem to get any grass inside them, either. The sole is also firm enough to push a shovel or whatever in to the ground; they're remarkable yard work footwear if I do say so myself!

    Currently watching for a sale on Newports so I can stock up for next summer. Enjoy your hot sweaty lawnmower feet!
    I make the teenagers mow the lawn at this point. No more lawnmower feet.

  16. #3266
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    19,599
    Spied today in Incline Village NV. Told the owners they had an awesome van.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  17. #3267
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,085
    I guess coating the entire slide in Pam wasn't a good idea in retrospect
    https://twitter.com/artcombatpod/sta...50215946199041

    At the end you can hear a lady saying "that was not good!"

  18. #3268
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,545
    A Christian at a beer festival, educating some young orthodox jewish girls about music and beers at a gathering convention of sorts about the amazing band (https://www.sweetlillies.com/) playing, and swapping life experiences and cultures.

    Me, over 21 with a beer in my hand, them, past the gates dancing, we all come together, and a long long lost friend hanging on the gate with her dog, snaps me. Good times.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG951516_20220819_181407-01.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	309.4 KB 
ID:	424419

    More amusing, fucking 9 years ago. Blew out the floor on that '85 Hyside. Penny. I will rebuild her one day.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00585.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	424420

    And a random attachment that I can't get rid of for a warranty claim on a hydrapak that I had to prove to them by photo. There is no way to delete it, so enjoy the squirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220821_193554642.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	424418  
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  19. #3269
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I make the teenagers mow the lawn at this point. No more lawnmower feet.
    Dear god - I could never trust them.

    Last night we came home from softball (double header, two dubs!) and it was lightly raining and my automatic sprinklers were on. I found this amusing.

  20. #3270
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    He mows the lawn and weed whacks in steel toed boots and chaps. Then he doesn't have to change before he hits the bars.
    Winner.

  21. #3271
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,722
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Dear god - I could never trust them.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

  22. #3272
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,311
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Dear god - I could never trust them.
    My kids starting mowing around age 10. The oldest did it for a couple years, then the older two shared the duties... and when the third got in the mix, I'd just yell a few times and the yard would be mowed shortly thereafter.

    Now the two older ones are permanently(?) in Montana, so I have returned to sharing the mowing responsibilities with the youngest (who is almost 18).

    They have never done a professional job, but I didn't have to do it, so I was always good with it.

  23. #3273
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,722
    I don't really care much about the lawn. Mostly my wife wants the weeds to be the same height as the grass. I do care a little when the kids don't mow close enough to things. I believe having to use a string trimmer is a moral failing, a proper lawn configuration should be doable entirely with a push mower. I'm mostly annoyed that I have a lawn at all. And I'm annoyed that I will have to mow it or pay someone to mow it once the kids move out.

  24. #3274
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't really care much about the lawn. Mostly my wife wants the weeds to be the same height as the grass. I do care a little when the kids don't mow close enough to things. I believe having to use a string trimmer is a moral failing, a proper lawn configuration should be doable entirely with a push mower. I'm mostly annoyed that I have a lawn at all. And I'm annoyed that I will have to mow it or pay someone to mow it once the kids move out.
    Former boss of mine landscaped his yard such that the ride-on mower could reach every spot so no push-mowing or trimming required. Mulch around trees, curved garden beds with appropriately large radii, etc.

  25. #3275
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,722
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Former boss of mine landscaped his yard such that the ride-on mower could reach every spot so no push-mowing or trimming required. Mulch around trees, curved garden beds with appropriately large radii, etc.
    Exactly. Except my yard isnt really big enough for a riding mower. And it has some terrain features that can't really be fixed so a couple tight corners that are easier on foot. If it was a greenfield design, absolutely, no tight corners.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •