Page 147 of 238 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 5946
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Houston Handbag always had a better ring to it for me.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Tell me you learned to ski in the 80's without telling me you learned to ski in the 80's! But I think mine was the locking version....

Attachment 436408
    Right butt can you stuff a full fat ski with full rocker in it?

Tell me you learned to ski in the 80's without telling me you learned to ski in the 80's! But I think mine was the locking version....

Attachment 436408
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41C8DB17-63B8-44C3-9C22-FEA112A000AF.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	436414

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I tail drag if there's snow where I'm dragging. I don't give two fucks, and I look like an old man, who doesn't give two fucks

Name:	Image1670022189.540425.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	436417
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Slighting Oklahomans?

it's been the Texas suitcase forever, I call shenanigans!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have some used winter tires on Craigslist, and am fielding the usual Craigslist type responses. Today, I got "that good for WRX?"

Sender name: "Carlos Stupid"
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

That is so hideous. Which makes it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Dunno, both times I have been to Germany in the last 9 years I have seen people riding the trains and walking around in some damn expensive jackets that are more suitable to a wilderness expedition than urban assault. Full retail upper end Jack Wolfskin was pretty popular. I was wearing a $50 on sale Columbia and a $20 Walmart fleece under it.
    In NYC almost a year ago I was blown away by the number of people wearing $1k+ Canada Goose jackets. Tons of them.

I do know what a texas suitcase is. My little attempt at a joke. The actually amusing part is how decrepit I've become. I can barely carry a pair of skis. Over the shoulder, tips forward.. That's what I call the usual way--ie about 80% around here, Probably lower at more destinationish resorts. Maybe I'll start holding them in my arms crosswise in front, iike the 4 year olds do. ("The offering") My wife picked up a ski tote in the 80s but I never used it. I don't remember if I ever used a texas suitcase; if I did it was when I was a kid, and not for long. Carrying skis is funny--until you're on a steep, crowded resort bootpack dropping them on the person behind you.

That's the dead baby carry.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I wonder what you were supposed to do with the Ski Totes while you were skiing.

THE IDEA

The idea for TRU∙Kii came about from days at our local ski hill with my two boys who were three and seven at the time. While the hill did not have much vertical, the trek from the parking lot to the lodge did. Lugging all three sets of gear up to the lodge was grueling. By the time we reached the lodge, we were cranky, tired and already sweaty from the haul. In short, the skiing part was awesome—carrying our gear to and from the hill, not so much.

This is a tech exec from the bay who couldn’t make it through the Northstar village, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We’d locked em to the ski rack. They were splendid.
    And I spray painted mine all funky because there were hundreds just hanging there.

Things That Amuse You

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The actually amusing part is how decrepit I've become. I can barely carry a pair of skis. Over the shoulder, tips forward.
    old goat: you should get one of these. Maggot manufactured by MiCol and it works great. It’s basically just some nylon straps, so when I’m skiing I just stuff it in a pocket.

He designed it for inbounds bootpacks like The Headwaters in Big Sky. Works great in slippery parking lots too. Bonus is having both poles in your hands for stability. I use mine all the time.

https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...d-carry-system

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    old goat: you should get one of these. Maggot manufactured by MiCol and it works great. It’s basically just some nylon straps, so when I’m skiing I just stuff it in a pocket.

He designed it for inbounds bootpacks like The Headwaters in Big Sky. Works great in slippery parking lots too. Bonus is having both poles in your hands for stability. I use mine all the time.
    Here is an easy DYI version (also sold by Aspen ski patrol):

https://www.skimag.com/adventure/how...skis-bootpack/

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Cable lock them to a ski rack. Or so I've been told.

THE IDEA

The idea for TRU∙Kii came about from days at our local ski hill with my two boys who were three and seven at the time. While the hill did not have much vertical, the trek from the parking lot to the lodge did. Lugging all three sets of gear up to the lodge was grueling. By the time we reached the lodge, we were cranky, tired and already sweaty from the haul. In short, the skiing part was awesome—carrying our gear to and from the hill, not so much.

This is a tech exec from the bay who couldn’t make it through the Northstar village, right?
    I've never so many people hauiing carts full of the family's ski gear as I have at Northstar. Now my kids carried their own skis as soon as they started skiing at 3. And they didn't get poles until they could carry those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...d-carry-system

I'm going to give that serious consideration. On second thought, I have a lot of nylon webbing from my climbing days I could use. But where will I put the kayak that's hung in the garage with the webbing?

Could be wrong but thought mine came with a cable lock.
    My parents got me one for xmas when i was like 16. Thought it was great at the time. Forgot about it the last day of ski season and left it locked to the rack that evening.
    Little nuthing midwestern ski area had a few bike trails adjacent in the woods. Went back later that summer to bike and swear to god it was still there. Couldnt remember the code or it was just rusted up stuck.
    Still there next winter, they hadn't removed it.
    Cannonsburg ski area Michigan FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    In NYC almost a year ago I was blown away by the number of people wearing $1k+ Canada Goose jackets. Tons of them.
    Do they even have the built-in RECCO reflectors?

THE IDEA

Attachment 436408
    The Barrecrafter one was soooooo much easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    The Barrecrafter one was soooooo much easier to use.

That looks like you would need 3-4 hands to get it closed

I keep picturing somebody rolling this into a crowded lodge with three kids in close orbit. That amuses me.

"Let It Snow" signs all over during the holidays.

Le tits now!

Guide said FS1 had the World Cup on so I clicked to see what was going on. And there was Bob Huggins! Wtf is Bob Huggins doing at the world cup, I wondered. Turned out it was the end of the X-West Virginia hoops game.