Page 121 of 235 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 5862
    Sure but on USFS land you need a permit for an event with 75 or more people. That's why under the radar MTB races are almost always capped at 74 people. BLM has straight up shut down similar races for not having insurance. Not sure why either agency would allow an event to occur when it has a history of having significant impact on the land.

that’s organized. these citizens are definitely not organized. who’s gonna file the paperwork? what address are they going to use? what do you do when a bunch of individuals all show up at the same time?

sounds like you guys got a shit load more people at those things than we get at the ones around here.

Not sure why either agency would allow an event to occur when it has a history of having significant impact on the land.
    I'm not sure "Allow" is what is going on. My contacts in Public Lands Management and local Law Enforcements say that they simply don't have the resources to prevent it. It was going to be held this year close to Meadow Creek Reservoir. The primary access point would have been of Hwy. 40 about a mile from my house. It would have been really easy for the Federales to set up a check point and close the Forest. I'm hearing that this is why they that the site North of Craig.

Its not so much that they are welcomed more that they take advantage of a loop hole that says that they are no organized per se. Its like a throw back flash mob.

Rainbows have, this week, been camping under bridges and other un permitted areas, having fires, leaving human waste and needles...and that's just getting to the gathering. Its over 100 miles from here. Oh, don't forget that they are basically saying no visitors and that they will be putting up a permitted and checking guests. Fuck these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Oh, don't forget that they are basically saying no visitors and that they will be putting up a permitted and checking guests. Fuck these people.
    You are on crack. Smoke less please.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that’s organized. these citizens are definitely not organized. who’s gonna file the paperwork? what address are they going to use? what do you do when a bunch of individuals all show up at the same time?

sounds like you guys got a shit load more people at those things than we get at the ones around here.
    The underground bike races aren't organized. You get a gps track and a start time, that's it. A bunch of people who may or may not know each other show up and ride. Then its everyone for themselves. Less organized than a meetup group or someone posting a group ride on a forum who stick together. There is no organization, no address, just someone posting up the start time and route. But BLM got wind of it for Black Canyon trail and demanded the "organizer" have insurance. Well there is no entity to buy insurance. It's just a group of random people showing up to ride. Maybe they need to up the limit the ride to 10,000 to overwhelm the land manager like the rainbow group? Instead they shut down the event rather than deal with red tape.

Back onto things that amuse you. This meme always cracks me up.

Also a reminder that a lot of clothing/electronics you donate or recycle end up in Africa

Name:  thanks-for-the-tshirt-asshole-me-so-hungry-cookie-monster-african-kid.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  95.4 KB

I've seen roadside fireworks stands. I've seen roadside jerky stands (which I think must be some kind of money laundering thing, because they make no sense). Today, a new one. A roadside bonsai stand.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, did you buy one?

I didn't stop, I had places to go and shit to do.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

you should probably stop and get a bonsai and rethink your life choices while you watch it grow
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've seen roadside fireworks stands. I've seen roadside jerky stands (which I think must be some kind of money laundering thing, because they make no sense). Today, a new one. A roadside bonsai stand.
    Consider how much jerky gets eaten on road trips, it’s not as nonsensical as one may think.

Things That Amuse You

the one near me usually seems to be doing business

like I said, you need to rethink some things Danno

If you get a chance to see Paul Thorn do it. And don't worry, it's not christian rock. (And there aren't a lot of outlaw country rock musicians who've gone 6 rounds with Roberto Duran--TKO'd by cuts.)

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Consider how much jerky gets eaten on road trips, it’s not as nonsensical as one may think.
    There are jerky guys on Fremont Pass and jerky guys in Clear Creek Canyon, and I hardly ever see people stopped. And how much jerky does each customer buy? 15, 20 bucks? How many sales do you need to get to make it worth it?

I prefer to think that they're all drug mules or something. More interesting that way.

First off, it's road kill so minimal over head .......

There are jerky guys on Fremont Pass and jerky guys in Clear Creek Canyon, and I hardly ever see people stopped. And how much jerky does each customer buy? 15, 20 bucks? How many sales do you need to get to make it worth it?

I prefer to think that they're all drug mules or something. More interesting that way.
    you watch too much TV

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8CEA0EF-FC5A-442B-A111-A3F290962C92.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	420290

This just came by my news feed, I’m highly amused.

Re Rainbow gathering, there are dozens of USFS law enforcement trucks all over N Routt and in town, I've never seen so many. They closed off a major portion of California Park, basically all of it, closed to everyone, under any circumstances, through July 15th, due to special circumstances. https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...bow-gathering/

91 'incidents' so far, and the party is just getting started. This weekend will be interesting for sure but I appreciate the FS condensing the spread of imminent environmental damage.

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...bow-gathering/

^^^ Good to hear, thanks!

Then you should have definitely stopped and got some mescalin. That shit is really hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Re Rainbow gathering, there are dozens of USFS law enforcement trucks all over N Routt and in town, I've never seen so many. They closed off a major portion of California Park, basically all of it, closed to everyone, under any circumstances, through July 15th, due to special circumstances. https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...bow-gathering/

91 'incidents' so far, and the party is just getting started. This weekend will be interesting for sure but I appreciate the FS condensing the spread of imminent environmental damage.

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...bow-gathering/
    The closure is all south of the gathering, and an incident management unit has been assigned every single year to the annual.

I've fought the BLM in federal court twice in my life and won both times. They are just cherry picking easy prey to pay for their presence for the most part. The FS enforcement units are just the same.

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...thering-nears/

Bunch of meh. See you all up there. And the FS has no jurisdiction on RC80, just the sheriff. If I handed out cards up there I'm sure the family would magically come up with a bunch of money to free the poor wooks who just can't help themselves from getting caught.

Things That Amuse You

I’m amused that some peoples parents went through the rat race and groomed their kids to go through the rat race just so their kids could put their kids through school to go through the rat race so their grandkids could have the honor of going through the rat race

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8CEA0EF-FC5A-442B-A111-A3F290962C92.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	420290

This just came by my news feed, I’m highly amused.
    What the hell is it?