Page 74 of 235 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5862
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Sister called last night from ATL all spun up about her neighbors. They claim a tree in my sisters yard overhangs their property and want it removed.

Sister begins getting into how they make too much money and are wasting it building a pool etc. I am loaded on a bunion cookie and after a while I say, "OK Karen". Dead silence followed by, "who's Karen?"
    Don't have a pic because it was twenty plus years ago, but the neighbors across the street share a 60' blue spruce; the trunk is barely in Marv's yard. The psychologist couple next door decided they didn't like it and had an arborist come in and trim it straight up the property line. It looked exactly how you think it would. Marv, needless to say, was livid. Purple with rage. There really wasn't anything he could do about it, but it was still such a passive-aggressive dick move to not even call and ask. Once we knew Marv had calmed down enough not to strangle anyone, it was pretty damned amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Whoops! Sure it's funny now but yikes.....

I love how they sent the picture as confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Don't have a pic because it was twenty plus years ago, but the neighbors across the street share a 60' blue spruce; the trunk is barely in Marv's yard. The psychologist couple next door decided they didn't like it and had an arborist come in and trim it straight up the property line. It looked exactly how you think it would. Marv, needless to say, was livid. Purple with rage. There really wasn't anything he could do about it, but it was still such a passive-aggressive dick move to not even call and ask. Once we knew Marv had calmed down enough not to strangle anyone, it was pretty damned amusing.
    Was this before of after cutting down the sycamore, which had a substantial portion of its root structure on their property?

I am waiting on further developments. I love my sister and am 100% aware of how much of a pain in the ass she can be at times and deeply thankful my BIL has the patience of a Sphinx.

I suggested they consult an Arborist to assess the health of the tree and if the neighbors really want it gone they can at least pay 50% or the whole tab.

Whats funny is that supposedly the wife next door is HAF and they are some sort of music promoters for a club in Atlanta. Anyway there is more than a little feminine envy percolating. Got to make certain I am just as baked for the next chapter.

Cause next time I am demanding photos of HAF wife next door.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Was this before of after cutting down the sycamore, which had a substantial portion of its root structure on their property?

Every damn time I turn on the vacuum:
    "I will sell this house today
    I will sell this house today
    I will sell this house today
    I will sell this house today..."

I am waiting on further developments. I love my sister and am 100% aware of how much of a pain in the ass she can be at times and deeply thankful my BIL has the patience of a Sphinx.

I suggested they consult an Arborist to assess the health of the tree and if the neighbors really want it gone they can at least pay 50% or the whole tab.

Whats funny is that supposedly the wife next door is HAF and they are some sort of music promoters for a club in Atlanta. Anyway there is more than a little feminine envy percolating. Got to make certain I am just as baked for the next chapter.

CaddyDaddy77 (remember him?)'s neighbors trimmed up their tree, which hangs entirely over CD's driveway. It hemorrhaged sap all over their cars, driveway, lawn, house. Neighbors won't even answer their door.

Somebody needs to do a massive psychological study on the relationships between neighbors. I think it's pretty fascinating.

Somebody needs to do a massive psychological study on the relationships between neighbors. I think it's pretty fascinating.
    Or Frightening. I am fortunate to have good neighbors on both sides including a Mag who occasionally posts here. OTOH a guy who lives a few houses away while not a total dick pushes the boundaries pretty good. His miniature goats do provide amusement.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hmm.. I have a BIG oak that overshadows the neighbor's driveway. Talked to him last weekend about a low hanging branch I need to remove.

Gonna take it off tomorrow.

Here's to friendly neighbor tree relationships!

This is why, every day, I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that my immediate neighbors are friendly, but keep to themselves...

If you need local verifiable evidence of HAF for science or something just say the word.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I love how they sent the picture as confirmation
    Most people don't need to demand proof of life from their dog groomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Things That Amuse You

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If you need local verifiable evidence of HAF for science or something just say the word.
    RE: “HAF”: please clarify

“High as fuck”
    Or
    “Hot as fuck”

I’d suggest it makes a difference…

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Lions are panthers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Interchangeable actually and more than a little confusing. I was HAF when told about HAF neighbor.

So, this weekend my son's baseball team played in the cow ripkin mid Atlantic regional championship. Two hilarious scenes played out over the weekend. Of only I had either one recorded.

The 1st scene occurred during the home run Derby. My buddy's brother, who is an airline pilot, flew into Philadelphia and came to the Derby to visit his nephew and brother. The pilot/Brother is a strange guy. I spent a week skiing in Utah with him after he somehow horned his way in to a ski trip I'd set up for friends. Unlike most who would go out of their way to make themselves fit in and share the load, he never pitched in for any of the communal chores and his conversations were limited to dissertations on his adventures as a pilot.

As he was on layover and had a later flight he brought his dinner with him and sat at a picnic table to eat it during the Home run Derby. As he sat in his whites, ate and watched the home runs fly, a kid hit a screaming foul line drive that everyone dodged- leaving a direct pathway to...you guessed it...the pilot/brother and the ball hit him directly in the side of the stomach. Before he let out an audible gasp we heard the next "ping". He tried to slide out from the picnic table to take inventory and managed to free one leg from under-the-picnic table when the 2nd piss missile arrived, hitting directly on his inner thigh, not 6" below ground zero. The crowd of lubricated but well intentioned parents was laughing hysterically or crying trying not to laugh after the 1st ball landed. When the 2nd line drive, or piss missile, as the kids referred to line drives, hit him in the thigh the entire group of fans erupted, led by his brother who laughed and pointed at him as if they were both teenagers. It was one of the funniest things I had seen in many years. He actually laughed it off well and was a good sport about it - even when he flinched when a bird darted low over our heads.

The next day the quarterfinal game was delayed due to a missing umpire. During the downtime in the dugout the head coach's 17 year old son had the entire team gathered around him. As I approached I heard the older boy telling the younger boys that they can gain better control of their mitt by putting both the pinky finger and ring finger into the pinky slot of their baseball gloves. The boys were intently gathered around trying out this new method of wielding their mitts. As 12 twelve yr old boys flapped their gloves the teenager informed the boys this technique was called "2 in the pink ". As soon as he mentioned 2 in the pink I made eye contact with another assistant coach, bit my lip, and wheeled out of the dugout trying not to burst out laughing. For the next several minutes the boys moved about the dugout inserting 2 fingers into their pinky slot in their mitt while claiming 2 in the pink is comfortable and they are going to work on it after the tournament. The teenager went the extra mile by informing the boys that "2 in the pink gives better control of the glove but never put 3 in the pink as it makes things sloppy."

It was a tight ball game and in the 4th inning I'm sitting next to 2 of the boys on the bench with our team in the field when one boy said "Hey Timmy, I got two in the pink!" The other boy, who has a 16 year old brother just looked at me an grinned. I damned near died.

That night we discussed the scene over drinks and had tears in our eyes recounting the hilarity of the 17 yr olds straight delivery and the 12 year olds responses. After a couple beers I asked the 17 year old how he kept a straight face and he burst out laughing. It was such a great scene.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

867-5309

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Domesticated foxes?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Domesticated foxes?!?
    FIL's wife had a grey fox when her kids were young. She stuffed it. It's on the landing in their stairwell. They had a trash panda they moved from OH to CO that had basically gone feral (again?), but lived in their shed. It was like eighteen years old when my wife and I started dating. Not a deal breaker, but a red flag.

any subsequent red flags?

I did not know that trash pandas were raccoons until just this moment.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    any subsequent red flags?
    They were pretty much all me. She knew what she was getting in to.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I did not know that trash pandas were raccoons until just this moment.

Thank you.
    Oh but they're not. Closely related, but the Western Panda is a "panda" just like a koala's a bear. The common raccoon (Procyon lotor) is endemic to most of N America, where the western, or "trash" panda (Procyon leonidae) is primarily found in the Mississippi River basin, ranging from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico, primarily between the Appalachians and the central plains states. They're distinguishable by the lateral striping on their abdomens, and have a slimmer profile and less bushy tails than common raccoons.

We had an albino racoon living near us for a while.

Oh but they're not. Closely related, but the Western Panda is a "panda" just like a koala's a bear. The common raccoon (Procyon lotor) is endemic to most of N America, where the western, or "trash" panda (Procyon leonidae) is primarily found in the Mississippi River basin, ranging from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico, primarily between the Appalachians and the central plains states. They're distinguishable by the lateral striping on their abdomens, and have a slimmer profile and less bushy tails than common raccoons.
    Uh..... no.

What Are the Different Types of Raccoons?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

People who have a file on their laptop called "Passwords."
    That's not even password protected.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wasn't his was more amusing, though?