Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 790
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    48,504
    ? He didn't even say it. And it was a pretty mild comment anyways.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    12,662

    Things That Amuse You

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ? He didn't even say it.
    I’m aware; I prolly could have included the m27 post too

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And it was a pretty mild comment anyways.
    Picking on her for almost nothing is getting old
    People need to fucking let it go...

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    48,504
    We see it differently but whatever.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,662
    I got the senior discount at the cannabis store today! LOL!

    I was asking the budtender if they had any discounts going that day and he said no but then leaned in and said "how old are you? We've got a senior discount." I laughed and said "not that old!" Evidently it's only 55, I'm under that but he said "close enough!" and gave it to me. Oy vey!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,136
    ^^^ If I let my beard and hair get too long, I look all grey; I’ve been asked a few times if I’m retired. Fuck I wish, I’m 53! ;-)

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2
    Having a good afternoon tea puts me in a good mood.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I’m aware; I prolly could have included the m27 post too



    Picking on her for almost nothing is getting old
    People need to fucking let it go...
    I'm not one to jump on anyone, just joking that she did kinda make that a beach ball on a tee for her combatants. Agreed she gets beat on a lot for whatever reason, but let it go already.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,742
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I got the senior discount at the cannabis store today! LOL!

    I was asking the budtender if they had any discounts going that day and he said no but then leaned in and said "how old are you? We've got a senior discount." I laughed and said "not that old!" Evidently it's only 55, I'm under that but he said "close enough!" and gave it to me. Oy vey!
    Cahier in a Wendy's in Kingston, ON asked if I wanted the senior bonus, free soda. I politely declined, as I didn't want a soda even if it was free. She kept at me in disbelief that I would turn down free stuff, that I didn't want. I finally said I wasn't a senior. She said the age is 55. I said I was 49 (I'm 50 now). She turned a few shades of red and apologized more than usual for a Canadian. I am rocking the white beard and grey hair so it's not hard for her to have made the mistake. She could have just let it go when I politely declined the first time and saved us all some time and embarrassment.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,808
    Well at least she didn't ask that question you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever ask a woman unless you are 110% certain
    Did you tell her the grey beard was just so you could match your avatar?

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,742
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Well at least she didn't ask that question you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever ask a woman unless you are 110% certain
    Did you tell her the grey beard was just so you could match your avatar?
    Heh. I do look pregnant too, thankfully she didn't ask. I forgot to mention the Avatar. I love that picture, my daughter drew it of me probably 10 years ago in 5th grade.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Well at least she didn't ask that question you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever ask a woman unless you are 110% certain
    We had a baby changing booth at the county fair, free diapers. (We made Pampers.) Gave whole bags to new moms or very pregnant women.
    I did make the wrong guess sometimes. No, it is not good.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,298
    StickersClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190820_132100.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	291927

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    An der Schützenfest
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Drance View Post
    Having a good afternoon tea puts me in a good mood.
    This is prolly the weirdest first post ever on TGR.

    Like, unless it is Queen Mother that suddenly decided to join us. Then it would make kind of a sense.

    The floggings will continue until morale improves.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Land of Subdued Excitement
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I'm not one to jump on anyone, just joking that she did kinda make that a beach ball on a tee for her combatants. Agreed she gets beat on a lot for whatever reason, but let it go already.
    Because I'm a horrible person. That's why.

    Its good that I remember and just stay away from people. Bad things happen when I forget.

    Don't ever think things could be different. Do not try to help. Dont they to do good things. Dont believe someone is a friend.

    I dont deserve any of that.

    Thanks for helping remember. It makes it easier.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,662
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Because I'm a horrible person. That's why.

    Its good that I remember and just stay away from people. Bad things happen when I forget.

    Don't ever think things could be different. Do not try to help. Dont they to do good things. Dont believe someone is a friend.

    I dont deserve any of that.

    Thanks for helping remember. It makes it easier.
    I posted this the other day hoping you might see it. It is something my yoga instructor said the other day. She was referring to the stories we tell ourselves about who and what we are, things we repeat over and over again until we believe them to be true good or bad:


    The most important conversation you will have today is the one with yourself about all those things you keep repeating in your head until you believe they are true.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,360
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I posted this the other day hoping you might see it. It is something my yoga instructor said the other day. She was referring to the stories we tell ourselves about who and what we are, things we repeat over and over again until we believe them to be true good or bad:


    The most important conversation you will have today is the one with yourself about all those things you keep repeating in your head until you believe they are true.
    I have an old friend/former roommate. She was always a bit of whiner, complained about other people all the time, complained about this or that. I'm not sure what happened, whether she had an epiphany or a mentor that got through to her or what. But she started always posting affirmations and positive things on facebook, started going to all sorts of seminars on this stuff, and eventually dropped her career as a teacher to become a business coach (not sure what the proper term is). Her job/profession seems silly to me, and the notion that simply saying positive things all the time seems hokey, but it is clear that it has worked brilliantly for her. She simply is not the same sad sack person anymore. Maybe that person is still inside her in some fashion, but she has learned how to defeat it, how to keep it from encroaching on her enjoyment of life.

    Which is all a long winded way to say that what you say is true, from what I see.

    And to keep this post on topic, my friend's transformation amuses me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,580
    The other day I was getting off the freeway and noticed the guy usually standing there had stashed away his signs next to the guard rail ...I hope he proofreads them because “The Hitchhikers Code $10..Ask Me How “ is in magic marker on the bottom of one now
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have an old friend/former roommate. She was always a bit of whiner, complained about other people all the time, complained about this or that. I'm not sure what happened, whether she had an epiphany or a mentor that got through to her or what. But she started always posting affirmations and positive things on facebook, started going to all sorts of seminars on this stuff, and eventually dropped her career as a teacher to become a business coach (not sure what the proper term is). Her job/profession seems silly to me, and the notion that simply saying positive things all the time seems hokey, but it is clear that it has worked brilliantly for her. She simply is not the same sad sack person anymore. Maybe that person is still inside her in some fashion, but she has learned how to defeat it, how to keep it from encroaching on her enjoyment of life.

    Which is all a long winded way to say that what you say is true, from what I see.

    And to keep this post on topic, my friend's transformation amuses me.

    Yup - often we are our own worst enemies which is unfortunately no amusing so let's get back to what is.....

    Name:  mosesfish.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  56.0 KB
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,662
    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    The other day I was getting off the freeway and noticed the guy usually standing there had stashed away his signs next to the guard rail ...I hope he proofreads them because “The Hitchhikers Code $10..Ask Me How “ is in magic marker on the bottom of one now
    LOL! You did that?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Land of Subdued Excitement
    Posts
    5,449
    No. I'm truly awful. Never to be redeemed.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    12,070
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I posted this the other day hoping you might see it. It is something my yoga instructor said the other day. She was referring to the stories we tell ourselves about who and what we are, things we repeat over and over again until we believe them to be true good or bad:


    The most important conversation you will have today is the one with yourself about all those things you keep repeating in your head until you believe they are true.
    But won't that important conversation just wind up being another thing you keep repeating in your head until you believe it's true? What most of us lack is a) true, objective feedback, and b) the capacity to accept it

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,580
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL! You did that?
    I’ll probably never be redeemed
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,662
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    No. I'm truly awful. Never to be redeemed.
    I'm afraid you're going to have to play that game by yourself.




    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    But won't that important conversation just wind up being another thing you keep repeating in your head until you believe it's true? What most of us lack is a) true, objective feedback, and b) the capacity to accept it
    Now that's amusing. Don't over think it! LOL!



    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I’ll probably never be redeemed
    NTTIAWWT

    All these unredeemed souls... what are we going to do? Not die young I suppose.

    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Land of Subdued Excitement
    Posts
    5,449
    I play every game by myself. Except TGR.

    Plenty to remind me how much I suck.

    For this, I am grateful.

    Buddhists say they key to happiness is acceptance.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,360
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    All these unredeemed souls... what are we going to do?
    get high?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •