Page 78 of 238 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 5940
    ...then after the 3 hr drive to go skiing the rain came and the soup container at the lodge was empty.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

If the ECRC had a country song, that would be it.
    I still call it The Jake.

"Disney's upcoming Galactic Starcruiser hotel will offer guests Star Wars-themed rooms, activities like lightsaber training, and a window offering changing views of "space."

The experience is so immersive that Disney warned people on its Frequently Asked Questions page that guests in the hotel won't actually be blasting off into orbit.

The experience won't come cheap — for one of the least-expensive options for the two-night stay, two adult guests would pay $4,809."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    "Disney's upcoming Galactic Starcruiser hotel will offer guests Star Wars-themed rooms, activities like lightsaber training, and a window offering changing views of "space."

The experience is so immersive that Disney warned people on its Frequently Asked Questions page that guests in the hotel won't actually be blasting off into orbit.

The experience won't come cheap — for one of the least-expensive options for the two-night stay, two adult guests would pay $4,809."
    Cheaper than a dong shaped rocket though, yeah?
    I still call it The Jake.

"<snip>

Lots of road rage in the PR lately.
    Ironically (or fittingly), some is in the blown head gasket thread.

Ms TBS brought home some fresh salad greens and cherry tomatoes from the farmers market last night.
    Sitting down to eat, she says “ewwww!”
    A ladybug had just crawled out of her salad.
    I said “OK no problem. You can have mine.”
    But one crawled out of mine as we traded.
    So she didn’t eat salad while I had a double size one
    And my grow now has two ladybugs.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Ms TBS brought home some fresh salad greens and cherry tomatoes from the farmers market last night.
    Sitting down to eat, she says “ewwww!”
    A ladybug had just crawled out of her salad.
    I said “OK no problem. You can have mine.”
    But one crawled out of mine as we traded.
    So she didn’t eat salad while I had a double size one
    And my grow now has two ladybugs.
    Seriously - ladybugs are the BEST.

Yup

I know, right?
    And it’s not like bugs haven’t been crawling all over the arugula, tomatoes and lettuce before.

But she grew up in LA. Doesn’t want to think about how food gets to the market with a UPC code on the package.

Should have seen her the first time I brought home a salmon I caught, especially when I was throwing trim into a bowl of soy sauce & wasabi to munch as I worked…

I know, right?
    And it’s not like bugs haven’t been crawling all over the arugula, tomatoes and lettuce before.

But she grew up in LA. Doesn’t want to think about how food gets to the market with a UPC code on the package.

Should have seen her the first time I brought home a salmon I caught, especially when I was throwing trim into a bowl of soy sauce & wasabi to munch as I worked…
    Lolz

Just got treated to a dinner by a stranger. Had probably about $45 bill eating out solo late night passing thru Boise. Wow - is this a sweetheart town.
    Long story short I’m blowing back from Phoenix after buying a car- solo. I go to Bardenay and have a delicious meal. Ask to pay and my waitress said that young lady who was sitting there paid your bill. What?!! ‘Yah it was a pay it forward. Would you like another drink?’ …yes
    As I ponder my karma move.

I know, right?

Scientists at UC Davis have announced the creation of a tomato that grows with UPC code in its skin.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Just got treated to a dinner by a stranger. Had probably about $45 bill eating out solo late night passing thru Boise. Wow - is this a sweetheart town.
    Long story short I’m blowing back from Phoenix after buying a car- solo. I go to Bardenay and have a delicious meal. Ask to pay and my waitress said that young lady who was sitting there paid your bill. What?!! ‘Yah it was a pay it forward. Would you like another drink?’ …yes
    As I ponder my karma move.
    I've only had a stranger buy me a drink once. Eating dinner at a very fancy restaurant with my mom who was visiting me in Tucson, waiter brings over a liqueur with a note that says--Gerald, I will never forgive you. Love Roland. I tell the waiter, tell the gentleman I'm not Gerald, but thanks for the drink. (I'm not Gerald.)

I only had a stranger buy me a drink once as well.

I was sitting at the freight train junction in Philly that goes either to Pitt or New Haven. Sitting in a dilapidated crazy creek. It started snowing hard, I fought the shakes for a long time, like almost a day. Would jump on every box car and they all headed west. Would just bail off the side because I needed North to get back up to Mass.. Finally got too tired and needed rest. No food. The next day, after massive hallucinations and passing out, I had no idea who or what I was or what world I was in, I felt my feet dead dragging. Some guy walking his dog on the tracks saw my pile of human flavored snowcone, noticed I had a faint pulse, and picked me up and started dragging me.

Once I came through enough to get a modicum of a basic psychology, he put my arm over his shoulder and brought me to a quickie mart and bought me a coffee.

He saved my life. One of the closest times I've ever come to death. Woke up 2 days later after catching the next train which went North. Was in miles and miles of cars in the middle of the freight yard in New Haven outside the airport.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Are you serious? ^^
    Whoa dood

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Are you serious? ^^
    Whoa dood
    That's like a 6/10 on the MTM scale. Yes I'm very serious.

I just spent an hour making a homemade pizza which I'm letting cool down to room temp, just to reheat a piece because I love the taste of a re-heated slice more than a pie out of the oven. To go through that much work and just watch it get cold, and to know that that patience is going to pay off, amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I just spent an hour making a homemade pizza which I'm letting cool down to room temp, just to reheat a piece because I love the taste of a re-heated slice more than a pie out of the oven. To go through that much work and just watch it get cold, and to know that that patience is going to pay off, amuses me.
    That's weird and awesome all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    (I'm not Gerald.)
    Maybe the drink was for your Mom?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Oh HELL yeah!!

I only had a stranger buy me a drink once as well.

I was sitting at the freight train junction in Philly that goes either to Pitt or New Haven. Sitting in a dilapidated crazy creek. It started snowing hard, I fought the shakes for a long time, like almost a day. Would jump on every box car and they all headed west. Would just bail off the side because I needed North to get back up to Mass.. Finally got too tired and needed rest. No food. The next day, after massive hallucinations and passing out, I had no idea who or what I was or what world I was in, I felt my feet dead dragging. Some guy walking his dog on the tracks saw my pile of human flavored snowcone, noticed I had a faint pulse, and picked me up and started dragging me.

Once I came through enough to get a modicum of a basic psychology, he put my arm over his shoulder and brought me to a quickie mart and bought me a coffee.

He saved my life. One of the closest times I've ever come to death. Woke up 2 days later after catching the next train which went North. Was in miles and miles of cars in the middle of the freight yard in New Haven outside the airport.
    I think I prefer dinner with my Mom to your adventure. But it's a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    My Mom is not Gerald. More like Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    AppleMaps speed limits.

Drove halfway across MT today on I90 where speed limits are 70-80mph. AppleMaps routinely told me speed limit should be 45mph

My favorite was a stretch where it told me the speed limit was…..34mph.

Not 35. 34.
    People who use apple maps instead of Google definitely amuse me.

Just cave. It's better.

That's like a 6/10 on the MTM scale. Yes I'm very serious.
    I think hopping freight trains should be measured on the Ogden scale
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    People who use apple maps instead of Google definitely amuse me.

Just cave. It's better.
    I’m trying to deal with the fact that Google search is better than DuckDuckGo.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m trying to deal with the fact that Google search is better than DuckDuckGo.
    At least DDG doesn't hijack your computer like Bing sometimes does. Or does it?