Page 71 of 238 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 5946
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My BIL amuses me. His only kid just graduated from HS... he got suprised-married to his GF between the daughter's last day of school and graduation... then he *upsized* from a 2300 sq ft house to this 3800 sq foot monstrosity:

Attachment 377606

Because... you know... it'll just be the two of them now.

So he knocked up the GF?

Couple up the street did a big expansion of their house after their only kid went off to college. They never entertain or have out of town guests. Maybe they just needed more space between the two of them. That doesn't seem to apply in the BIL's case.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So he knocked up the GF?
    Well... since he had a v'tomy, I'd say no... but why else would you do what he did?

I mean, it *could* be exclusively because he's a dumbass... but... ?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well... since he had a v'tomy, I'd say no... but why else would you do what he did?

I mean, it *could* be exclusively because he's a dumbass... but... ?

When my kids start graduating high school, I’m going to have a lot more coin to throw around when child support and alimony both drop off at about the same time. I’m already planning on doing a few stupid things with it.

Could just be that.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    When my kids start graduating high school, I’m going to have a lot more coin to throw around when child support and alimony both drop off at about the same time. I’m already planning on doing a few stupid things with it.

Could just be that.
    So you're suggesting he's a dumbass with lots of disposable income... I think you might be on to something.

Not a fan of Kavanaugh or how he got his seat on the Supreme Court, but his ruling on the NCAA case is a pretty good burn:

“Nowhere else in America can businesses get away with agreeing not to pay their workers a fair market rate on the theory that their product is defined by not paying their workers a fair market rate”

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Not a fan of Kavanaugh or how he got his seat on the Supreme Court, but his ruling on the NCAA case is a pretty good burn:

“Nowhere else in America can businesses get away with agreeing not to pay their workers a fair market rate on the theory that their product is defined by not paying their workers a fair market rate”
    Coffee out nose. Welcome to capitalism. Swindle the workers.

Terrible ruling.*
    Next thing you know they'll be going after companies "hiring" unpaid interns to do the work salaried people used to do.

*Sarcasm

Hey, if I just put the asterisk after the word and skip the explanation, would that activate sarcasm meters, or only dual antenna models.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I have Jooxmilk’s first album (on vinyl). They’re pretty obscure so I doubt you have heard of them.
    How TF could anyone type the word “Jooxmilk” that *hasnt* heard of Jooxmilk?!?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Met with the GM of a company that will remain nameless yesterday. I was there to tell him that the new project they had me on is simply too big for my company and they they really should be handling the work in house for better results.

He wasn't happy about that and asked if I handled work for another division of that company. I said yes that I did.

He came back with the threat that if they took over the work in house it would mean the other division would also go in house and I would lose those projects. I agreed that it would be the smart play and that he should go ahead and do that and I would have more free time and be able to ski and golf more.

He was not amused, I was very amused.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Asshole who owns the STR next to us put an official looking (? stolen) No Parking sign in front of his house to prevent day users of Donner Lake from parking there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Met with the GM of a company that will remain nameless yesterday. I was there to tell him that the new project they had me on is simply too big for my company and they they really should be handling the work in house for better results.

He wasn't happy about that and asked if I handled work for another division of that company. I said yes that I did.

He came back with the threat that if they took over the work in house it would mean the other division would also go in house and I would lose those projects. I agreed that it would be the smart play and that he should go ahead and do that and I would have more free time and be able to ski and golf more.

Business dudes HATE that shit. But yeah... it's amusing.

The company will remain nameless yesterday, but what about today?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Waiting for the decisions to be made and then I will dox them.

Austin can already guess pretty well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Love it when they think they’re playing one game, and suddenly realize they’re playing an entirely different game and they need to reevaluate their position.
    focus.

My company had an employee working remotely in Dubai the last 7-8 years. He recently told us that what we've had his first and last names backwards this whole time. He has always signed emails with what we're now told is his last name, and people that are from that region who should know have always called him that as well. All his documents show last name - first name. When asked why he didn't correct people when hired - "I didn't want to bother anyone".

this is what friends are for....

Name:  covid-vaccine-mask-meme_jpg-1991192.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  94.6 KB
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Comes with a choice of dominatrixes with different voices, including Mike Tyson and Truman Capote.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post

Name:  covid-vaccine-mask-meme_jpg-1991192.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  94.6 KB
    Mask shaming, still so hot after thousands of deaths...

I’m annoyed that it turned into such a thing. The baseline for freedom lovers *should* be “who fucking cares if someone wants to wear a mask” not “haha what a dumbass, sheep! Sheep! Baaabaaa, mask wearing sheep”

Anyway I digress, and that seatbelt thing is pretty funny...

Edit: oops, this is the amuse thread, not the annoyed thread...
    Last edited by jfost; 06-26-2021 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Whoops

I laugh at people outside or alone in a car wearing a mask.

Mask wearers in close proximity to others get respect. Maybe they have health issues. You never know.
    . . .

Checked into ER yesterday for a nagging case of diverticulitis and in walks some dude in scrubs who loudly says, FKNA!!!! Tahoe PA, good to meet you!!!!!!

Lol yup. If we're thinking about the same folks, they can and will follow through with their threats if you put up any sort of a fight. They want total control and complete compliance from everyone. Homey don't play that, so I got targeted and torpedoed. I know you're a good dude and won't play their games either. Glad you're in the position you're in to tell them what you did like that. That's hilarious! Best of luck to you, man.

Walter finds a stranger in the alps.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Alabama repealed it's 1993 ban on yoga in public schools.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<