Page 51 of 235 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Riding my bike up LCC quarry trail yesterday I come around a bend and 2 witches are standing on the trail looking extremely out of place. Yes, witches, of the sluttily-clad variety too. I pedal up to them and one asks if the road is nearby. We can very distinctly hear cars driving up and down the canyon but she tells me they're lost. I tell her she can backtrack 100 yards to find a trail that goes up to said road. She and her friend take off running on their stiletto heels (most impressive on a dirt road) and I follow along. Just around the next bend is the rest of the coven, another 5 ladies all decked out in R-rated witchy outfits, one of the holding a golden candelabra. They have a photographer with them. Perfectly normal scene for LCC.
    More people should be hiking in sexy witch attire btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This nation could use more witches.
    That post could use more pictures, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    will the trial be by zoom?
    They are letting us know by Friday which people need to report in person next week.

One of the jurors was trying to do his Zoom call using his phone, while working as a cashier at a convenience store. He kept walking in and out of frame and the judge finally ask if he was at work and he said it was his store and he the only employee...he was excused. Another woman on her phone kept dropping off the meeting and everything would come to a halt until she was back on.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That post could use more pictures, ffs.
    Main reason why I need to buy better bike shorts, I have to stick my damn phone in my pack!

I also spotted an old crackhead lady walking a toy poodle on that same ride. In the LCC watershed where no dogs are allowed. The rage on her face as I became the 74th person to tell her to get her ass out of there was worth another pic.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I watched the South Park Pandemic Special last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Main reason why I need to buy better bike shorts, I have to stick my damn phone in my pack!

I also spotted an old crackhead lady walking a toy poodle on that same ride. In the LCC watershed where no dogs are allowed. The rage on her face as I became the 74th person to tell her to get her ass out of there was worth another pic.
    An old friend of mine lives up Silver Fork in BCC. His dog is permitted ‘cause he lives there, but it was always amusing to watch the encounters with people trying to tell him his dog shouldn’t be there.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    "Aye man, am I driving okay?"
    swing your fucking sword.

^^^
    That’s hilarious.

Walking the dog tonight on a warm quiet evening I hear a car approaching from behind. Getting louder and louder as it approached, I hear Van Halen’s Beautiful Girls cranking and as it came along side here’s this guy in his mint early ‘90s Jeep, top off, rocking out to a mobile tribute to EVH.

Rock on buddy, you put a smile on my face.
    I still call it The Jake.

From a coworker

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  46.3 KB

Little known fact: poop fish (carp) have pharyngeal teeth, but no mandibular teeth.

As you were.

An old friend of mine lives up Silver Fork in BCC. His dog is permitted ‘cause he lives there, but it was always amusing to watch the encounters with people trying to tell him his dog shouldn’t be there.
    There are a few dogs who reside at the Wasatch resort (and some at Alta) and are permitted to roam the watershed in LCC for sure (and some in BCC clearly). This wasn't one of them. I think people with dog tags in the canyons are pretty damn low key about it and very rarely hike the popular trails specifically to avoid constant "feedback".
    The people who violate the watershed rules are always complete dicks about it. I used to run into their ilk often while bouldering and would warn them that the fine is salty without lecturing them whatsoever. Now I just call them assholes and hope to see the sheriff in the parking lot.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That one is great. I keep meaning to get this one:

Things That Amuse You

my landlord is the contact for the local CSA delivery, which is awesome because I live 23 miles from a grocery store and 32 from a better one

every two weeks I get a great box of fruit and veggies plus we can order beans, grains, eggs, limited meat, etc

every two weeks the boxes are delivered to the entrance to my apartment and people come pick them up

every two weeks, a couple people leave their boxes in my entrance until Saturday or Sunday then complain that mice got into their produce

it’s not even annoying any more - just amusing
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    my landlord is the contact for the local CSA delivery, which is awesome because I live 23 miles from a grocery store and 32 from a better one

every two weeks I get a great box of fruit and veggies plus we can order beans, grains, eggs, limited meat, etc

every two weeks the boxes are delivered to the entrance to my apartment and people come pick them up

every two weeks, a couple people leave their boxes in my entrance until Saturday or Sunday then complain that mice got into their produce

it’s not even annoying any more - just amusing
    What a bunch of stupid fuckers.

werd.

Wait, I thought you said you didn't have mice?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

no I said I hadn’t seen one in a while

there’s always mice

Anyone reporting mouse droppings in their box? I assume there's hanta where you live.

no worries

hantavirus is a respiratory thing

you can safely eat mouse turds

no worries

hantavirus is a respiratory thing

you can safely eat mouse turds
    as long as you eat them outdoors. I wouldn't eat inside at a mouse turd restaurant if you paid me, even if it were at 25% capacity.
    (The cdc's recs on handling mouse droppings is pretty serious.https://www.cdc.gov/rodents/cleaning/index.html

I have been very careless over the years with the mouse droppings in our crawl space, I have to admit. And there has been at least one near fatal case of hanta in Truckee.)

Things That Amuse You

you can’t really stay 100% away from it

patrol shacks, locker room, backcountry cabins, etc

you can’t really stay 100% away from it

patrol shacks, locker room, backcountry cabins, etc
    This is no bullshit(tm), one morning, booting up in the patrol locker room, my foot felt cramped so I pulled the boot off and as it cleared my foot a mouse jumped out and ran across the floor. I never sniffed my boots after that. And until it got torn down a couple years ago, this one shack where rope, ‘boo, fences, signs, etc. got stored was called “the rat shack” because it had to be cleared of rodents every fall.

the locker room and patrol shacks at my work are some of the mousiest places I’ve ever experienced - we kill a few every night in the patrol room - not looking forward to opening my locker - even though it’s just ski gear, I’m sure the mice will have been extremely active since we aren’t there daily

This is no bullshit(tm), one morning, booting up in the patrol locker room, my foot felt cramped so I pulled the boot off and as it cleared my foot a mouse jumped out and ran across the floor. I never sniffed my boots after that. And until it got torn down a couple years ago, this one shack where rope, ‘boo, fences, signs, etc. got stored was called “the rat shack” because it had to be cleared of rodents every fall.
    Last summer I discovered a dead chipmunk in one of my ski boots. It was there for a while, too. Its presence explained all the flys in le garage over a several-week period prior.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

This is no bullshit(tm), I never sniffed my boots after that. .
    You sniffed your boots before that? How about other people's boots?