Electric edge sharpener - any interest in group buy?

I used to get a gold tune once a year, wax every few weeks, and knock down the burrs with a stone. But now I have to ski the ice coast, and edges are often mandatory. I hate hand sharpening 4 pairs of skis.

The swix evo is on sale for $350 on the webz, but they suck.
    1) no good on flat mounted skis. The brakes get in the way.
    2) cheesy diamond wheels are too small and thin, wear out quick and cost $100 each.

So I’m working on a bro deal for me for the razor-tune.
    Wheels look like actual diamond grinding wheels, bigger diameter and thicker should last longer. In general, it gets much great reviews.

Checking to see if anyone else is interested if I can get a decent discount from the spendy retail.
    . . .

WeB sites:
    Swix

Razor Tune

Video in action

Why I dont want swix
    https://northeastmountainsports.com/...evo-pro-edger/

Comments about swix not lasting
    https://www.backcountry.com/swix-evo-pro-edge-tuner

There was another thread about the swix getting glazed and ruined by not trimming the sidewall. But the razor-tune might be tougher. It has more surface area, and might be dressable to expose new diamonds if it is a real quality wheel.
    . . .

I'm definitely interested.

I am great at hitting rocks and don't have the patience to tune my skis, so I end up with a quiver of skis with round edges. I've been looking at the edgetune but am concerned about how easy it would be to destroy a pair of skis. The razor is definitely more pricey, but having sharp edges for the next 10+ years is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I'm definitely interested.

I am great at hitting rocks and don't have the patience to tune my skis, so I end up with a quiver of skis with round edges. I've been looking at the edgetune but am concerned about how easy it would be to destroy a pair of skis. The razor is definitely more pricey, but having sharp edges for the next 10+ years is worth it.

Something to keep in mind, neither the Razor Tune nor the Swix product work the base edge, so you will need to do that by hand still.

The Razor Tune is really best for keeping a ski sharp, not taking down a burr or anything like that. You can do it but it's almost faster by hand still given you're going to want to take a file and work that over before the razor tune.

That being said, I have the Razor Tune and love it for my race skis.

Good to know, thanks!