4FRNT Mounting points

I have 4FRNT uptrack series Massifs and Aretes and curious where the best mounting points are. These are basically Kye 120s and 95s.

The Massifs are already mounted for Scarpa Maestrales RS's, but I just got F1's to replace the RS's lost in the fire. Turns out the F1's are 10mm shorter in the same mondo point size (26.5), and now the heel to set too far back. I can move the heel and ski about a CM forward of the line, or remount both toe and heel, but will have new holes close to old holes unless I go back from the line a bit. The Aretes have not been mounted yet.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

How far back from center is recommended line? I'd probably just move the heel and go +1cm.

10 mm shorter BSL = boot centre only 5 mm ahead of the line. I would ski them and see if you like them there.

I had my Kye 95s mounted on the line as recommended, and liked them there. They had a warranty issue and the replacement pair of Aretes (arrived yesterday, great service from 4FRNT) will be mounted in the same spot.

4FRNT is pretty good about setting their mount points. They do focus on more centered skiing styles, so if you are a shins forward ex-racer type you might move it back a cm or two.

No experience on the Uptrack series specifically though.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    10 mm shorter BSL = boot centre only 5 mm ahead of the line. I would ski them and see if you like them there.

I had my Kye 95s mounted on the line as recommended, and liked them there. They had a warranty issue and the replacement pair of Aretes (arrived yesterday, great service from 4FRNT) will be mounted in the same spot.
    That's what it should be, but seems further then 5mm. The problem is I can't ski them because the heel piece is mounted too far back, so I have to remount the heel to see, which is probably okay, even if I move the toes back after remounting the heel, I still should have enough adjustment. The amount of adjustment on Vipec seems smaller then dynafits?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot