Video TR - 4/23 & 30/05 - Snowy Range, Wy - Spring Kicker and Pow

Stoke is a little lacking today, with all the killing and political subjects...and I've been sitting on this waiting for a rainy day; it's rained enough today.

Background:
    The resort closest to us in laramie (Snowy Range Ski Resort), had closed the first week of April and by the end of the month Steamboat had also closed. So out of boredom and the need to get out of town, a friend and I hiked a short distance into the resort area where there was still snow coverage, and built a few small kickers on a really sketchy slope. We were pretty aprehensive to go very big due to all the rocks and trees.

He and I decided to hike to the top and ride/ski down as much as we could, just to say that we did. Well...I left my hiking boots up top, so we pledged to go on a rescue misson the next Saturday.

A friend decided to join us, and low and behold we got up to the mountains and it was DUMPING. This is the last week of April mind you; mere hours before June came around.

We hiked up, after a few min. of searching found the boots under 20" of fresh, and went forth and poached some extremely low density powder. You will see how light if you download the high quality version and see our turns.

Just a few hours before we arrived, the slope was nothing but grass and rock.

My friends aren't to much for jibbing, but we decided to build a 4 foot kicker.

We hit it time after time, straight lining into it and giggling like school girls as we flew 20 to 30 feet, landing in the softest powder of the year. As always, the position of the camera doesn't do the jump justice.

Operation Boot Rescue: Snowy Soul

3 guys, a missing pair of boots, a closed ski area, and 20" of fresh

Dates: April 23,30 2005
    Music: No Quarter (Led Zeppelin) as covered by Tool
    Highlights: Major gaper air with 4 foot kicker action, sweet powder hits 1 full month after the area closed, and a lost pair of boots
    Running Time: 0:9:30
    Rating: PG-13 for language, may be NSFW, but only the first 20 seconds

High Quality WMV (43MB)

Low Quality WMV (7MB)

I recommend the high quality version, but since this is currently served on an old school sparc machine at the UofWyo, your download speeds may vary. I consistently get 350Kb/s and I'm 15 hops and 300 miles away.

Keep in mind we were going pretty big for the conditions, the 20" of fresh were sitting ontop of rock and grass. Don't expect anything too special, just some laid back snowy soul. Most of the airs are straight and pretty boring, and its mostly the same shit over and over. I only have a 64MB card for my camera, thus the low quality burst shots instead of video for the kickers. The tricks were labeled for the low quality version since its hard to see, thus the dorky text before a few of the hits. This was really more an experiment in video editing since I had just gotten the camera - notice how the music is coordinated.
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by LaramieSkiBum; 08-28-2005 at 10:52 AM.

Sweet viddy. We needed that on the board today.
    Living the good life.

very nice!!!

p.s. shouldn't you be out fly fishing by now?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31859

Quote Originally Posted by SquawMan
    very nice!!!

p.s. shouldn't you be out fly fishing by now?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31859
    Fished the Green River last night, caught a few rainbows. Hit the Flaming Gorge earlier and caught a bunch of bass :-). Today is clean the apartment day, tommorow it's back to night shifts.

Once again loved the TR LSB! Good times! Enjoyed the vid as much the second time as the first!

thanks :-). 7:46 and your posting ?! what are they paying you for?! I'm tellin Jim tonight.