Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Riser, our Spectrum cable speed is about 100 down and 8 up and we have no issues using 2 tv's streaming from a wifi router, computer usage and wifi phones, so something sounds odd about your comment. The 5G could be faster than what I have now, BUT it depends on signal strength.
    Im not saying I have an issue now, other than an expensive bill. I'm saying my usage case would not work well over a wireless service.

Time for a change? I have been held captive by Spectrum (previously TWC) forever as the only internet provider in my area. Basic Cable is $70 a month with them. I also have bundled local stations, HBO, Cinemax and Showtime with them. Includes ESPN and NFL channels for the rare football game I watch. Bill is up to $170 a month and we pay Netflix around $13, so the bill is getting stoopid.
    Has anyone here signed up for T Mobiles 5G streaming Home Service yet? At $50 a month that saves a bit and I could switch to Sling's Orange plan for $35 and get most of the NFL games I do now and add HBO for another $10, so all in less than $100 and I think we would be happy with that if the T Mobile 5G doesn't create buffering issues for us.
    What do you think?
    The T-Mobile Home Internet is something that you could definitely investigate and try if it is available. They limit the number of sign up's so it may report not available right now in your area. You can get on a wait list or others have reported they use another address to qualify. It is cellular, so you could be getting 4G signal only or have some 5G towers near you and experience higher speeds. It is unlimited data, but as with cellular location to the towers and position of the device is key to the success. They provide the hardware device (Nokia 5G device mostly now) and sim and there is no contract so you can give it a go. I'd recommend having a month of both and give it a try. Then if it works for you cancel the Spectrum. If speeds are an issue (especially during peak times) then you could always go back to Spectrum and may even qualify for their new customer deals and a price reduction...

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Anyone doing LTE home internet through Verizon (5g isn't available here yet)? Says 25-50 mbps download speeds for only $40 a month instead of $165. I'm currently sitting at 35mbps today with cable internet from Xfinity.
    Thinking of ditching the cable internet and cable TV after football season. I can get local channels through an antenna, and stream just about everything else I need. I basically only watch Shark Tank and Football on the cables... Not worth the $$$ at all.
    Which Verizon plan is that- their Home Internet offering, or one of their Hot Spot offerings? If it is their Home Internet the cost per month that I've read is $60 and is supposed to be unlimited data (but they probably have times that they have slower speeds due to congestion). If it is a Hot Spot or some cellular plan, then check and see how much high speed data they offer and if the throttle the plan if you go over a set amount of 4G data.

Well darn, my address is not yet available with T Mobile's 5G for home wireless.
    Get on their list then. It was not available when I first checked and then in a few weeks they called and said it was now available. That was almost a year ago when it was a bit earlier in their 5G roll out and cellular tower upgrades. They do not want to overload their towers too much.

I hear you and thanks for your comments. I did but my name on the wait list yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.