Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    I was hoping to return this upcoming winter but that seems less and less likely at this point. I seriously doubt Americans will be allowed to visit.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I was hoping to return this upcoming winter but that seems less and less likely at this point. I seriously doubt Americans will be allowed to visit.
    Yeah; agree. Was thinking Cham instead and even that seems iffy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629771381.020748.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	338.2 KB 
ID:	383326
    From Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pow View Post
    Desperately Seeking Shiribeshi

Fingers crossed
    Let us know if you can get in and if so I will hit it.
    パウダーバカ!!

Desperately Seeking Shiribeshi

Fingers crossed
    My 2 bits:
    Like the legendary wild Pacific salmon, against all odds they overcome the seemingly impossible challenges and return to their spawning grounds. Mike too will return to his winter spawning fields, spraying everything in his path with his champagne pow wake.
    Go Mike!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    Let us know if you can get in and if so I will hit it.
    Look forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    My 2 bits:
    Like the legendary wild Pacific salmon, against all odds they overcome the seemingly impossible challenges and return to their spawning grounds. Mike too will return to his winter spawning fields, spraying everything in his path with his champagne pow wake.
    Go Mike!
    Thanks mate

I really hope you've seen the future

There's really no way to know this far out but I think travel between the U.S. and Japan will open up in early 2022. Whether that's by January...it's hard to tell how slowly the government will start things back up. Expect a model more like Singapore than the UK or U.S. Japan's vaccination rate is about to surpass the U.S. this month and IF projections are accurate should hit around 80% by late October / early November. There's going to be a lot of pressure from the business community to kick start travel and tourism once everyone is vaccinated.

Selfishly I'm okay to get another winter in Japan without tourists but I'm not sure how many of the resorts are going to survive another year without outside help. The big resorts will be okay but the ones that were already struggling...they aren't in a good spot right now.
    God created skis and surfboards to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeCrudSkier View Post
    There's going to be a lot of pressure from the business community to kick start travel and tourism once everyone is vaccinated.
    Yeah but it will likely only be open to certain countries and the US will not be one of them, or probably shouldn't. Thanks to a bunch of dipshit anti-vaxxers.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah but it will likely only be open to certain countries and the US will not be one of them, or probably shouldn't. Thanks to a bunch of dipshit anti-vaxxers.
    This site that Superior posted back in June seems to speculate Japan is planning a vaccine passport program. Who knows.

https://www.travelcaffeine.com/when-...eign-tourists/

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.bee View Post
    This site that Superior posted back in June seems to speculate Japan is planning a vaccine passport program. Who knows.

https://www.travelcaffeine.com/when-...eign-tourists/
    Still no change traveling from the UK

No visas being processed

Still no change traveling from the UK

No visas being processed
    Saw that the EU has a travel ban from people coming from Japan a week or so ago. Getting first vaccine next week finally. Depending on where you live it can be slow AF.
    パウダーバカ!!

Saw that the EU has a travel ban from people coming from Japan a week or so ago.

Damn, I'm planning a trip to Alps in March; hope that won't have to be canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ2 View Post
    Saw that the EU has a travel ban from people coming from Japan a week or so ago.

Damn, I'm planning a trip to Alps in March; hope that won't have to be canceled.
    When you buy tixs I’d make sure you’re able to cancel. Still six months out but this is Japan we’re talking about. Snails could cross Hokkaido before politicians make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    パウダーバカ!!

Yeah, won't buy tix before January at the earliest. Snails? They could swim the Pacific before politicians here make a decision!

The wife hits United 1k next week. We are going to order RT tickets on points and if Japan goes to HIAHB, we can cancel with no penalty.

I am hoping international airlines extend their cancellation policy from 2020/2021 into 2022, as well. It was helpful on a few of our flights for family matters.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    The wife hits United 1k next week. We are going to order RT tickets on points and if Japan goes to HIAHB, we can cancel with no penalty.

I am hoping international airlines extend their cancellation policy from 2020/2021 into 2022, as well. It was helpful on a few of our flights for family matters.
    I have similar status with United and I think you will be ok if having to cancel due to covid flight restrictions .... I also had a call with an ad agency for Japan tourism last week, they want me to head over, but they still don't know if it's going to open for me and thats even with a Gov't sponsored visa. I give it a long 50/50 chance that It does open for January....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    I have similar status with United and I think you will be ok if having to cancel due to covid flight restrictions .... I also had a call with an ad agency for Japan tourism last week, they want me to head over, but they still don't know if it's going to open for me and thats even with a Gov't sponsored visa. I give it a long 50/50 chance that It does open for January....
    Your pictures are amazing. Had a look at the Japanese shots and saw Hakuba is misspelled. Most people probably won't even know fwiw, but thought I would help.

Also, Sukayu is amazing. Definitely want to spend more time down there.

Do you happen to have any shots of Yotei?
    パウダーバカ!!

Following

Still no hope for the unclean British this winter

Hope other countries can get in

Feeling like a long shot for Yanks at this point too.

Name:	IMG_1091.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	389135

Sounds like entrance restrictions just changed. We are booking our airfare today. 38k points each way, plus points dont seem to matter, which is BS. Hoping to get on a plane with Premium Economy instead of Economy Plus. Domestic first class seats are good enough for me. We scored them on our return from Japan last time.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post

Name:	IMG_1091.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	389135

Sounds like entrance restrictions just changed. We are booking our airfare today. 38k points each way, plus points dont seem to matter, which is BS. Hoping to get on a plane with Premium Economy instead of Economy Plus. Domestic first class seats are good enough for me. We scored them on our return from Japan last time.
    Any link? Everything I read that's been updated as of today shows no change.

https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/

First snow has fallen in the Niseko Resort Area (17 October 2021)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVGw4TkMBXc/

My 3 weeks got cancelled due to the uncertainty of the situation. Come 2023 I’ll be back however!