Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I have the tour wrap in dalbello lupo ax120 and it worked well on first tour. Warm, comfortable and good ROM and ski down was solid
    I’ve got some 27.5 Lupo AX 120 I’m looking to add Tour Wraps to. The stock liner fits fine but it’s a noodle. Did you round up or down on your Lupos?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Similar experience to Wetdog above. I haven't skied them yet but was at Intuition Vancouver today with a pair of new Hawx Ultra XTD 130's in 27.5. Shell fit is a bit over a finger, slightly tighter than my previous 27.5 Scarpa Maestrale RS 1.0 (stock Scarpa/Intuition liners) and alpine boots (27.5 Tecnica with Luxury MV). Feet are normalish but wide in the forefoot, measure 109/110mm, plan is for conventional punch along outer foot below toes which I've always needed on any boot I use.

I tried on the Pro Tour LV on one foot and Tour Wrap on the other. The Pro Tour LV felt comfortable but not enough heel hold and was concerned how it would perform after a bunch of skiing, didn't really like the idea of trying to build it up to take up room either. Pro Tour also didn't feel very substantial flexing forward (I weigh 200lbs). Pro Tour MV wasn't going to fit with the tighter shell fit and he thought sizing up to 28.5 with Pro Tour MV was going to be comfy but sloppy ski wise.

Tour Wrap felt way better in terms of ski position flex, heel hold etc. Felt a bit tight in the toes but of course heat molding w/ toe cap should fix. Was worried about touring ROM and getting the boot on and off, so he removed laces from the liners (never felt the need for laces, have always removed) and it made a big difference getting boot on/off. Walk mode ROM feels fine in the Hawx. Prettty confident the ski experience in the Tour Wrap will be superior to the Pro Tour LV for me in this boot.

Will post after liners molded and some ski time in November... but I am stoked on this. Just standing and flexing them feels so much better than the RS 1.0 did for me (soft then hit a wall).
    Did you get a chance to ski/tour with those liners? I have the same boot and I am looking at getting the same liner (tour wrap). Did you size down in the liner size?

Quote Originally Posted by justin g88 View Post
    Did you get a chance to ski/tour with those liners? I have the same boot and I am looking at getting the same liner (tour wrap). Did you size down in the liner size?
    I have also a pair of Atomic HAWX ULTRA XTD 130 with Tour Wraps. The liners definitely stiffen the boot compared to stock. Very good heel hold. Compared to ULTRA XTD 120 they hold the foot a little bit better, but are less progressive - more brick-wallish . I think I prefer the 120s with stock liner. Both boots have booster straps.

They tour OK, but worse than stock. I removed the laces because putting them on with laces is big PITA.

I sized down as suggested in Intuition FAQ, but now I regret it. Definitely should have sized up.

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    I have also a pair of Atomic HAWX ULTRA XTD 130 with Tour Wraps. The liners definitely stiffen the boot compared to stock. Very good heel hold. Compared to ULTRA XTD 120 they hold the foot a little bit better, but are less progressive - more brick-wallish . I think I prefer the 120s with stock liner. Both boots have booster straps.

They tour OK, but worse than stock. I removed the laces because putting them on with laces is big PITA.

I sized down as suggested in Intuition FAQ, but now I regret it. Definitely should have sized up.
    Awesome thanks. Yeah I actually found the 130s to be softer than I was hoping, but I havent put too much time in them yet. Which Booster strap are you using? I am thinking about trying that first, before i commit to spending the $200 on a new liner.

Awesome thanks. Yeah I actually found the 130s to be softer than I was hoping, but I havent put too much time in them yet. Which Booster strap are you using? I am thinking about trying that first, before i commit to spending the $200 on a new liner.
    I am using the Sidas version:
    https://www.sidas.com/en/boot-shoe-a...267080456.html

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    Also one my question: why do you regret sizing down instead of up?

I only have two days on them so far, one resort and one touring. I need to double check but I am pretty sure liner size = 27 for my 27.5 boots (I didn't look, I just went with what was recommended by Tom when I was at Intuition earlier this fall).

I took the laces out before skiing in them, not needed IMO. Not running a booster strap yet but considering it, they are definitely stiffer than stock liners. My shins were mad after day 1 but I chalked that up to first day of the season + new boots. Touring wise, they feel fine to me in terms of ROM and comfort. Two minor things I've noticed are that the boot/liner feels like it's pinching the sides of my heel a bit, which I have never experienced before, most people seem to have issues with lack of heel hold but I wonder if I need a touch more space back there laterally? The other is that while I had plenty of room for toes after heat mold in the shop, the toe box now feels a bit short vertically in that it is nearly touching the tops of my toes. No blisters or toenail problems though so just two minor comfort issues. I will ski them one or two more days and pop back into Intuition if I need more work, but for a first fitting they are great.

Skiing wise they are awesome, no discomfort to note, tight fit and they are stiff. I can't do an A/B as I changed boots/liners and skis/bindings this year, but I can arc my 4FRNT Hojis with Shifts on groomers about 100x better than I could my previous Hojis with Radical ST 1.0's. Skied out resort crap is also fine and pow is sublime, so much more control that my old setup.

I will say they (Hawx 130 XTD with TourWrap) still do not ski like a true alpine boot, which should be obvious given the weight, but for my purposes I am very impressed and happy with a one boot/ski setup for Whistler.

I was thinking of trying these but Intuition suggested that they don't work well in the Maestrale in their experience. Told me to go pro-tour instead.

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I only have two days on them so far, one resort and one touring. I need to double check but I am pretty sure liner size = 27 for my 27.5 boots (I didn't look, I just went with what was recommended by Tom when I was at Intuition earlier this fall).

I took the laces out before skiing in them, not needed IMO. Not running a booster strap yet but considering it, they are definitely stiffer than stock liners. My shins were mad after day 1 but I chalked that up to first day of the season + new boots. Touring wise, they feel fine to me in terms of ROM and comfort. Two minor things I've noticed are that the boot/liner feels like it's pinching the sides of my heel a bit, which I have never experienced before, most people seem to have issues with lack of heel hold but I wonder if I need a touch more space back there laterally? The other is that while I had plenty of room for toes after heat mold in the shop, the toe box now feels a bit short vertically in that it is nearly touching the tops of my toes. No blisters or toenail problems though so just two minor comfort issues. I will ski them one or two more days and pop back into Intuition if I need more work, but for a first fitting they are great.

Skiing wise they are awesome, no discomfort to note, tight fit and they are stiff. I can't do an A/B as I changed boots/liners and skis/bindings this year, but I can arc my 4FRNT Hojis with Shifts on groomers about 100x better than I could my previous Hojis with Radical ST 1.0's. Skied out resort crap is also fine and pow is sublime, so much more control that my old setup.

I will say they (Hawx 130 XTD with TourWrap) still do not ski like a true alpine boot, which should be obvious given the weight, but for my purposes I am very impressed and happy with a one boot/ski setup for Whistler.
    Awesome! Thanks this is super helpful. Sounds like they tour pretty well for a wrap liner. I’ve been skiing the old Maestrale RS with a pro wrap in the resort, and they feel great. But going up hill sucks. Sounds like this will bridge the gap. I’ll be interested to see how the heal pocket feels. In the stock liner the pocket is great, but I also have a super low volume foot. I’m hoping this wrap liner will give me the extra stiffness I’m used to.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I was thinking of trying these but Intuition suggested that they don't work well in the Maestrale in their experience. Told me to go pro-tour instead.
    Excellent luck so far with the TourWrap in my Maestrale XTs... couple all day tours and a bunch of resort days. Zero complaints other than entry is a little bit tricky and honestly even with the tongue liner entry is still awkward due to the lack of hinges on the new MAestrale design

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Excellent luck so far with the TourWrap in my Maestrale XTs... couple all day tours and a bunch of resort days. Zero complaints other than entry is a little bit tricky and honestly even with the tongue liner entry is still awkward due to the lack of hinges on the new MAestrale design
    I'm in the RS version but, how was your fit in the stock liner? I feel like I need all of the toe and forefoot room of the stock liner with less heel and ankle room.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I'm in the RS version but, how was your fit in the stock liner? I feel like I need all of the toe and forefoot room of the stock liner with less heel and ankle room.
    I never used the stock liner. I have a high instep so Wrap liners have always been my solution. Still punched 6th toes on both shells for width, no complaint with the heels/ankles. FYI, Bootsie at Teton Bootlab did the magic

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited by STLHD; 01-04-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Quote Originally Posted by STLHD View Post
    I have a pair of unused 26 (went with a 27 and never returned). Lost the little bag and stock insoles. Would sell for $125 shipped if anyone is looking.
    I’ll take em! Just messaged yah.

Also one my question: why do you regret sizing down instead of up?
    Because they are a tiny bit shorter than 130s stock liner, which is a bit shorter than stock 120s liner and I feel best in stock 120's (a.k.a Gold) liner.

Awesome! Thanks this is super helpful. Sounds like they tour pretty well for a wrap liner. I’ve been skiing the old Maestrale RS with a pro wrap in the resort, and they feel great. But going up hill sucks. Sounds like this will bridge the gap. I’ll be interested to see how the heal pocket feels. In the stock liner the pocket is great, but I also have a super low volume foot. I’m hoping this wrap liner will give me the extra stiffness I’m used to.

I actually came from Maestrale RS 1.0 (2013-14 or 2014-15 I think, white with orange/black and the fixed climb switch assembly) and I ran those with stock liners. I might rate my old boots a notch ahead of the Hawx w/ Tour Wrap for skinning, but again I only have two days on the new setup, while old setup had 100+ days touring, so they will break in a bit more I bet.

Tour Wrap should be a huge upgrade skinning from Pro Wrap I'd think and still pretty stiff for a touring boot. I have fat feet in general so I bet it's just my heels are chunkier than average. Will see if I have to end up having any work done, of course I want to be careful because ending up with sloppy heel pocket would be infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    I never used the stock liner. I have a high instep so Wrap liners have always been my solution. Still punched 6th toes on both shells for width, no complaint with the heels/ankles. FYI, Bootsie at Teton Bootlab did the magic

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info.

Hi all.

What is the consensus on sizing up or down in these for Tecnica Zero G Tour Pros?
    About to order TourWraps all the way from Poland, so want to minimize risk.. I'm 28.5, two finger shell fit, was told over email from Emily at the Vancouver office that normally they'd recommend 28, but the 29 would also work (she might have spoken to Tom). I packed out the stock liner after abt 50days..

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyp View Post
    Hi all.

What is the consensus on sizing up or down in these for Tecnica Zero G Tour Pros?
    About to order TourWraps all the way from Poland, so want to minimize risk.. I'm 28.5, two finger shell fit, was told over email from Emily at the Vancouver office that normally they'd recommend 28, but the 29 would also work (she might have spoken to Tom). I packed out the stock liner after abt 50days..

Thanks!
    I'm in a 27 in my 26.5 cochises and they were about perfect lengthwise. The 26 tour wraps were significantly shorter than the stock cochise liner.

Hi all.

Thanks!
    26 in my 26.5 zero g tour pro. Perfect.

I think the question to size up or down will depend in part on your shell fit. For my 26.5 Hawx XTD 130s with a one finger shell fit (and big toe punches), the stock liner was a little too short lengthwise on my foot and a 26 Tour Wrap would have been way too short. 27 Tour Wrap fits well. I leave the laces on and lace up the foot/liner combo first before sliding in and out of the shell when I take the boots on and off.

Pretty impressed with the handful of days I have in this combo so far.

ROM is still fine for the Wasatch, maybe a bit worse than stock. Heel hold seems improved over the stock liner. Forward flex is maybe a bit stiffer with the Tour Wrap. Tour Wrap is definitely warmer than stock.

The 26.5 XTD 130 shell plus plastic spoiler plus the 27 Tour Wrap plus custom foot bed plus expert Booster strap comes in at a total weight of around 1450gm. For that weight, the setup performs ridiculously well on the down.

Hi all.

Thanks!
    25 tourwaps in 25.5 zero G
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    25 tourwaps in 25.5 zero G
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    26 in my 26.5 zero g tour pro. Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm in a 27 in my 26.5 cochises and they were about perfect lengthwise. The 26 tour wraps were significantly shorter than the stock cochise liner.
    Thank you guys for this! Would you mind sharing what your shell fit was? 1 finger / two fingers? More? Mine is < 2 fingers (side by side), pretty much =2 fingers (fingers on top of each other).. Thanks again!

Thank you guys for this! Would you mind sharing what your shell fit was? 1 finger / two fingers? More? Mine is < 2 fingers (side by side), pretty much =2 fingers (fingers on top of each other).. Thanks again!
    2 fingers on top of each other. Mold with toe cap and additional sock toe under it. Plenty of length. Counterintuitively a 27 liner could feel tighter than the 26 as you are trying to cram more foam into the same volume.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    2 fingers on top of each other. Mold with toe cap and additional sock toe under it. Plenty of length. Counterintuitively a 27 liner could feel tighter than the 26 as you are trying to cram more foam into the same volume.
    Oh yeah, that actually makes sense.. The idea is that I'd prefer the one they're suggesting, and most definitely have a good fitting liner even out of the boot - so I'm leaning towards 28. I have one more follow up - could you tell me if the *inner* sole length of the 26 is a strict 26cm, or more? Thanks!