Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    I am trying some thin footbeds in them to fart around but that's curiosity more than anything

Lee, if I'm reading this correctly you tour without footbeds? Any overall +/- to that?

Also, is the TourWrap heavier than the stock Zero G liner? Seems like the gram war is being won by making the liners lighter. Surprised you got 60 days out of them, most folks I know in these super light boots are getting 10 days before the liners start to pack out.
    Tourwrap was 242g. That pre production thin ZGTP liner was just under 200g so really light. I was definitely surprised by how long the ZGTP liners. The first non Intuition I've not binned in 20days.

Clarify that I tour in Pro Tours withoit footbeds. But use footbeds in most other liners. It's about preference. My feet are so flat most footbeds hurt the collapsed arches. Protours cook well enough to give me the minimal support my arches need

Really? As one flatfooted (flatter than piss on a plate) AZN to another,

flat footed also means collapsed arch

so i can't even set an inside edge without a pair of SOLE footbeds in my intuitions

I have also found that using footbeds made me indifferent to lack of cuff cant in the Vulcans
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone have any feedback on using in a MTN Lab? And sizing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Anyone know where I can source a pair in 26?

Might try 27 in my 26 zgpt as I can get them....but I’d prefer a 26.

I took a look at the site ^^ again and there are some new liners ( like the Logan )

AND they are actuly answering all these which liner fit question people are asking

Buddy must have got tired of answering questions

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    26 is sold out until next fall.

Thanx for leaking that info

27 gone too. Damn too slow.

Thanks for the comments - will be buying in the off-season for my RS2s!

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Yep, I ended up buying a pair and putting them in Maestrale RS2s. Love them. They may have just the slightest bit less ROM than the stock Intuitions, but at least for me they were just the compromise I was looking for --> downhill performance was considerably improved and I haven't noticed a decrease in tourability. They are not super high volume, but definitely higher volume than the stock liners. I have about 30 days on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    I got a pair of these and they're the first intuition in a while that I can actually ski. Normally intuitions crush my forefoot (which is admittedly too wide and most liners do) and calf, and have too much room around the ankle and generally are far less powerful than Zipfits. Also any of the models with thick foam under the feet are kinda stupid IMO - don't work well with footbeds, and squishy where you'd want firm & supportive.

definitely more/better ROM in these than powerwrap. It feels like maybe more forefoot room. I think they have thinner foam under the foot too, so they work better with custom footbeds. Less volume in the cuff in particular than powerwrap, which is key if you have big legs.

Definitely ski & fit better than pro-tours - firmer foam. more even foam distribution (in pro-tours I felt I had a void around the articulation points, and too much stuff where the tongue attaches at the toe. Plus too much cuff volume for no real benefit). The tour-wrap fills in the shell a bit more evenly, and I suspect it allows for a tighter shell fit. Also the seam placement on the forefoot makes a lot more sense to me. Overall it fits between the shell & the foot better and more evenly. It's been a while since I used protours so I can't comment on how ROM compares.

I'm between sizes at 29.5 and have a tight shell fit, and tried on both 29 & 30. Went with 30 for more width in the toebox and I'm happy. I like the lace system too. Clever & I don't think it hurts ROM.
    I've had I think 6 different models of intuitions. These are the only ones that work. It sounds like they're Tom's personal pet project (the bootfitter at inutition office), and he sees lots of feet & problems. So good onya Tom!

I'll use them for sledskiing and touring only. They're still sloppy noodles and not as comfortable as compared to my Zip-Fits for inbounds, but horses-for-courses...
    sproing!

Anyone used these and Luxury MV? How is fit and especially toebox? I just destroyed my toenails touring with Luxurys today

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    ... I've stuck a 27 TourWrap in my 26.5 Tecnica Zero G Tour Pros after my stock liners started packing out (after 60+ days mind you). Keep in mind a size 26 tecnica is like a sz 27 Scarpa or Dynafit.

The TourWrap took up room but in such a good way! When i go to downhill mode the heelhold is like a vice; this is good. Instep pressure was a bit much pre-cook but excellent after cooking. Same with forefoot. Best of all is that the warmth of the liner is much appreciated as I'm a wimpy coastal Canuck and -20deg C got my feet cold. When touring the liner is a chameleon and is beautifully comfortable for walking.

As a data point I tried the old ZGTP liners in one day and a pair of older ProTour Intution liners also. I feel like both of those liners are at least 5 pts less stiffer than the TourWrap. I guess if I had to reach that the TourWrap didn't tour as well but I'd be micro-parsing to find the difference. Bottom line is that a boot like the ZGTP (or the HawX XTD) with 55 degrees of ROM has more useable ROM than most ankles can feel anyhow so maybe there's the reality check.

With 10 days on the Tour Wraps I am totally satisfied. I am trying some thin footbeds in them to fart around but that's curiosity more than anything
    Based on Lee's comments, I'm guessing I should go with 26.0 Tour Wraps for my 25.5 Z-G Pros. My shell fit is about 12mm - on the performance side of the range.

A pair of Scarpa/Intuitions in 26.0 from my Mango Maestrales (about 5 years old) seem to have the right length & toe room.

One quick question for cross validation: does anyone know the size translation from Power Wraps (about 8 years old) to current sizing? These liners fit me well and have "8.0" printed on them.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Based on Lee's comments, I'm guessing I should go with 26.0 Tour Wraps for my 25.5 Z-G Pros. My shell fit is about 12mm - on the performance side of the range.

A pair of Scarpa/Intuitions in 26.0 from my Mango Maestrales (about 5 years old) seem to have the right length & toe room.

One quick question for cross validation: does anyone know the size translation from Power Wraps (about 8 years old) to current sizing? These liners fit me well and have "8.0" printed on them.

... Thom
    8 is a 26.

I have 26 race fx in my tour pros. Fit well.

I’ll be buying 26 tour wrap when they are in stock.

I’d put 25’s in your boots. Especially as you have a tighter fit. Remember a larger size liner won’t give you more room it will give you less as there is more foam to fit into the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    8 is a 26.

I have 26 race fx in my tour pros. Fit well.

I’d put 25’s in your boots. Especially as you have a tighter fit. Remember a larger size liner won’t give you more room it will give you less as there is more foam to fit into the boot.
    Thanks. That was my concern as well - that a larger liner would create less space.

Maybe I'll remold those 8.0s as a data point. They do however seem a wee bit tight in the toe area when inserted into my 25.5 Z-G Pros (having last been molded for 26 Maestrales).

The 26.0 Tour (Pro?) liners originally from the Mango Maestrales are pretty good however. Sounds as if I'm on the boarder line.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Thanks. That was my concern as well - that a larger liner would create less space.

Maybe I'll remold those 8.0s as a data point. They do however seem a wee bit tight in the toe area when inserted into my 25.5 Z-G Pros (having last been molded for 26 Maestrales).

The 26.0 Tour (Pro?) liners originally from the Mango Maestrales are pretty good however. Sounds as if I'm on the boarder line.

... Thom
    Power wraps are generally tight in the toe vs other liners as the stiff foam is the whole liner. Others have softer foams in the forefoot. For touring boots with intuitions I always mold with a thick sock toecap under the rubber intuition toe cap.

I wear 28 in a 28.5 shell. This has always been true for me and intuitions (many different wrap styles)

Power wraps are generally tight in the toe vs other liners as the stiff foam is the whole liner. Others have softer foams in the forefoot. For touring boots with intuitions I always mold with a thick sock toecap under the rubber intuition toe cap.
    Thanks guys. BTW, my boot guy always molds me with a double toe cap (short term pain).

If I understand correctly, the wrap liners don't have foam under the sole which should make them more footbed friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I wear 28 in a 28.5 shell. This has always been true for me and intuitions (many different wrap styles)
    I'm guessing you're referencing a Scarpa (breaking on the half size).

Scarpas have been my main point of confusion because of this. When Intuition stamps 26.0 on a Scarpa OEM liner, is it the "same" 26.0 as their stock liners (apart from Scarpa lasting considerations like instep volume and such)?

Reading Intuitions site, I may follow their recommendation of ordering two sizes and returning one - mainly because I don't think my boot guy will be stocking Tour Wraps.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-16-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Galibier Design

Thanks guys. BTW, my boot guy
    Just out of curiosity - who is your boot guy? Wife needs new liners and would be good to have info on a good local resource.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just out of curiosity - who is your boot guy? Wife needs new liners and would be good to have info on a good local resource.
    Larry's Boots in Boulder - on Folsom across the street from McGuckin Hardware.

He's closed for the year and getting ready for some PNW volcanoes.

I'm usually an OCD/take control of all of my ski tech guy, but Larry knows his stuff and I have total trust in him. The only "downside" is that by delegating, I'm a bit behind the curve on things Intuition.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Larry's Boots in Boulder - on Folsom across the street from McGuckin Hardware.

He's closed for the year getting ready for some PNW volcanoes.

... Thom
    Ah, yeah. Was hoping you had someone closer. I haven't been to Boulder since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ah, yeah. Was hoping you had someone closer. I haven't been to Boulder since the 90's.
    Yeah, I checked your profile and wasn't sure which river you were "down by".

Ya know, that might be a good ancillary thread to the comparitive boot flex/stiffness thread - a list of boot fitters and their location.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Yeah, I checked your profile and wasn't sure which river you were "down by".
    Yeah... it's more like a crik.

I just spoke to a girl at the Vangroovy HQ and she confirmed that they are out of the Tour Wrap in sizes 8-10, with new stock expected in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I just spoke to a girl at the Vangroovy HQ and she confirmed that they are out of the Tour Wrap in sizes 8-10, with new stock expected in October.
    You might be able to scare up a liner to a full tilt ascendant. Its intuition and looks very similar. All the same features and maybe an extra feature with some funky heel inserts. Not sure on volume differences , if any

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I picked up a pair and here is the super short and skinny review. I put them in this years MTN Labs and thought they toured fine/great. But I found them to be suuuuuper thin (is that low or high volume?). And flexy. Definitely not like my power wraps which I have toured in for years. I sized up to a 27 instead of my normal 26 and am glad I did. I put L pads on the heals as well. I like them better than the pro-tours because I don't like the tongues of the pro-tours. But I really wish they were a little thicker and stiffer.