Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'm guessing you're referencing a Scarpa (breaking on the half size).

Scarpas have been my main point of confusion because of this. When Intuition stamps 26.0 on a Scarpa OEM liner, is it the "same" 26.0 as their stock liners (apart from Scarpa lasting considerations like instep volume and such)?

Reading Intuitions site, I may follow their recommendation of ordering two sizes and returning one - mainly because I don't think my boot guy will be stocking Tour Wraps.
    Iím guessing heís referring to regular boots that just get sold as .5 sizes in the US.

However a Scarpa 26.5/27 are equivalent to a Tecnica 26/26.5 in internal length so both would take the intuition 26 liner in my opinion.

26 tour wrap is out until fall.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’m guessing he’s referring to regular boots that just get sold as .5 sizes in the US.

However a Scarpa 26.5/27 are equivalent to a Tecnica 26/26.5 in internal length so both would take the intuition 26 liner in my opinion.

This is exactly what the pro boot fitter at Tahoe Sports Hub told me.

Get a 28 tour wrap for my 29 (i.e., 28.5) Scarpa Maestrale RS2
    sproing!

FS: 187 Praxis GPO with STH14 binders https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...TH-14-bindings

FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’m guessing he’s referring to regular boots that just get sold as .5 sizes in the US.

Thanks for verifying the shell size relationship (that I'm not going nuts). This lines up with my experience - that 5 my year old 26.0 Maestrale shell matches up very closely with my 25/25.5 Z-G shell (within 1-2mm).

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-17-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I have the tour wrap in dalbello lupo ax120 and it worked well on first tour. Warm, comfortable and good ROM and ski down was solid
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

2018/2019 (24/32)

Intuition Tour Wrap?

I tried a pair last year for my Delbello Carbon TIís and they were surprisingly too low-volume even in an medium volume, so I went with the Pro Tours MV instead which have a thicker foam. This was surprising because my Lupo SPís use an Intuition wrap liner so I expected the Tour Wraps to fit the same, but they are a very different liner. The standard wrap liners are a similar thickness to the Pro Tours, so I ended up with them.

This year I have a pair of Atomic Hawk Ultra XTD boots which I like a lot, but the stock liner is pretty thin and wimpy. Because the Hawk is a lower volume fit shell, I was able to make the slightly thinner MV Tour Wraps work well in them. The Pro Tours were too thick in a medium volume and the lower volumes did not have enough heel hold. The Low Volume Pro Tours are slightly thinner than the Tour Wrap medium volume which fits in between the low-volume and medium volume Pro Tours in terms of thickness. With the stock liner, the Hawks were almost impossible to get on and off and with the Tour Wraps the boot is transformed. It is easy to get in and out of and skis better and the touring ROM is nearly as good. Awesome liner if itís put in the right boot.