Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyp View Post
    Oh yeah, that actually makes sense.. The idea is that I'd prefer the one they're suggesting, and most definitely have a good fitting liner even out of the boot - so I'm leaning towards 28. I have one more follow up - could you tell me if the *inner* sole length of the 26 is a strict 26cm, or more? Thanks!
    Don’t know honestly. It was the same length as the stock liner when I held them next to each other.

1 finger no toe cap.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

So, not sure if anyone is interested but. I’ll give you my impressions so far.
    Not sure how many days total I have in them so far, at least 10 but probably closer to 20. I haven’t heat molded the liner or my boot. I put the tour wrap in some Hawk XTD 130s. The boot definitely skis much better. I am able to drive my ON3P Wrenegades 108s at the resort no problem. I feel these are almost comparable to the pro wraps for the downhill.
    But the uphill RoM is more limited. Not quite to the point of trying to tour in the pro wrap, but 55° RoM stated by Atomic is not there. I’ve only used them for side country tours around the resort. Typically not more than 1000ft of gain in a day.
    Bottom line for me, this boot liner combo is great for a 50/50 type set up. But I really wouldn’t want to push these liners on a long day in the backcountry. I would like to see how the Hawk XTDs feel with the pro tour liner as a more dedicated backcountry beef boot.

I have had some in my Atomic Hawx 130s for probably 100 days in the resort this season. (full time patrolling) At this rate, they are absolutely going to outlast the shells, and I am very happy with the skiing performance, comfort and warmth. They are also a lot easier to put on and take off than the stock liners.

Anyone know for sure whether the Intuition Tour Wrap is exactly the same as the Full Tilt Pro Tour liner?

I don't think they're the same. Tour wrap has a strap. FT liner doesn't. Intuition liners usually have a different material on the inside that's less "plush" than the FT liners.

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    Anyone know for sure whether the Intuition Tour Wrap is exactly the same as the Full Tilt Pro Tour liner?
    I posed the same question to Intuition, and this was their response. The Full Tilt liner has softer inner layer of foam than the Intuition:

"They are fairly different. Our Tour Wrap is made from all closed cell foam, a high-density outer with a lining of regular density and no stiff overlay on the cuff.

The Full Tilt Tour Wrap has an outer layer of high density closed cell foam with a lining of Open cell and super soft foam and a stiff panel on the cuff. "

Does the Full Tilt have a foam sole like the Intuitions, or more of a thin, non-padded version like an OEM liner?

Quote Originally Posted by ready2tumble View Post
    Does the Full Tilt have a foam sole like the Intuitions, or more of a thin, non-padded version like an OEM liner?
    Full Tilt does not have the thick foam sole. Its the thin non padded one.

Tour Wrap, unlike other Intuitions, has also thin sole (4mm).

Looking to replace my beat stock liners (Dalbello Lupo 130C) with either a Tour Wrap or a Pro Tour. I'm a wrap convert from back in my Full Tilt days, but it sounds like the fit of the Tour Wraps is a little finicky. I have a pretty low volume foot, ankle, and instep, and the stock liners fit me surprisingly well despite being so thin. Any reason not to go with the wrap?

Also seeing some people recommending going up rather than down for a half-sizes. I'm in a 26.5. Should I go with a 27?

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Looking to replace my beat stock liners (Dalbello Lupo 130C) with either a Tour Wrap or a Pro Tour. I'm a wrap convert from back in my Full Tilt days, but it sounds like the fit of the Tour Wraps is a little finicky. I have a pretty low volume foot, ankle, and instep, and the stock liners fit me surprisingly well despite being so thin. Any reason not to go with the wrap?

Also seeing some people recommending going up rather than down for a half-sizes. I'm in a 26.5. Should I go with a 27?
    So I love for wrap in my lupo AX for touring Tour wrap is thinner than power wrap for sure. Thin all over really is best description. But some comfort and ROM with enough power

In alpine it’s pro wrap
    Pure power with real comfort. ROM is limited
    I like thinner areas in toe and instep

I have 26.5 in both in 26.5
    I did discuss in email exchanges with intuition

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612407749.310749.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	361174

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612407770.877924.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	361175

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The intuition recommendations are a bit all over the place.

But repeat after me.....half boot sizes don’t exist.

Confusion happens when Scarpa chooses to break their sizing different to everyone else.

But your Dalbello boot is a 26 shell. And you should go with a 26 liner.

The caveat being if you have a loose shell fit and need to take up volume you can go with a larger intuition to have more foam in there. I’ve never done this. I’d be buying a new boot.

I’m not sure how thick the lupo liner is. But I’m guessing it’s a thinner touring style liner. If so you are set.

I hated the pro tour. As did others I know.

I ski the 26 tour wrap in a 26.5 (it’s a 26) ZGTP boot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    The intuition recommendations are a bit all over the place.

But repeat after me.....half boot sizes don’t exist.

Confusion happens when Scarpa chooses to break their sizing different to everyone else.

But your Dalbello boot is a 26 shell. And you should go with a 26 liner.

The caveat being if you have a loose shell fit and need to take up volume you can go with a larger intuition to have more foam in there. I’ve never done this. I’d be buying a new boot.

I’m not sure how thick the lupo liner is. But I’m guessing it’s a thinner touring style liner. If so you are set.

I hated the pro tour. As did others I know.

I ski the 26 tour wrap in a 26.5 (it’s a 26) ZGTP boot.
    Right on. Thanks for the info. The Lupos are a bit odd when comparing sizing with standard touring boots in that they have BSLs more in line with alpine boots than tourers (because they basically use an alpine clog.) My 26.5's BSL is 307mm whereas a 26.5 dedicated touring boot is normally somewhere around 300mm (assuming it doesn't have the short Dynafit snub nose thing.)

I just wasn't sure whether the tour wrap is sized more in line with touring boots or alpines. I realize that increased BSL does not necessarily equal increased interior length, but I just want to be sure I'm not going to be cramming my toes or "stretching" the liner when I mold it.

Right on. Thanks for the info. The Lupos are a bit odd when comparing sizing with standard touring boots in that they have BSLs more in line with alpine boots than tourers (because they basically use an alpine clog.) My 26.5's BSL is 307mm whereas a 26.5 dedicated touring boot is normally somewhere around 300mm (assuming it doesn't have the short Dynafit snub nose thing.)

I just wasn't sure whether the tour wrap is sized more in line with touring boots or alpines. I realize that increased BSL does not necessarily equal increased interior length, but I just want to be sure I'm not going to be cramming my toes or "stretching" the liner when I mold it.
    You’ll be fine in the 26 I bet. Your footbed will get it to the right length. If you mold them yourself just make sure to get the sole of the intuition nicely aligned to the footbed. My ZGTP is 304mm if I remember correctly.

You’ll be fine in the 26 I bet. Your footbed will get it to the right length. If you mold them yourself just make sure to get the sole of the intuition nicely aligned to the footbed. My ZGTP is 304mm if I remember correctly.
    Gracias, señor.

Intuition Tour Wrap?

I’m using a 26 tour wrap in a 25.5 Lupo Ax HD with positive effects. I measure a 26.5 on a brannock. Historically skied a 26/.5. Recently downsized both dedicated touring boots (zero g tp) and Lupos to 25.5. The 25.5 Lupo with stock liner felt too short. With the 26 tour wrap, the fit is spot on. Haven’t baked yet, may not need to. Previously had Lupo c130 in. 26 and Lupo SP in 26. c 130 felt longer than the SPs. SPs had essentially a power wrap; not sure how it compares to after market power wrap thickness. SPs fit me great until the liners eventually packed out over a few seasons.

Overall the Lupo + Tour wrap is going to be a game change for my 90/10 resort/touring set up. Super comfy without feeling too soft and decent articulation for side country and short tours. Very pleased so far

Quote Originally Posted by Samski360 View Post
    I’m using a 26 tour wrap in a 25.5 Lupo Ax HD with positive effects. I measure a 26.5 on a brannock. Historically skied a 26/.5. Recently downsized both dedicated touring boots (zero g tp) and Lupos to 25.5. The 25.5 Lupo with stock liner felt too short. With the 26 tour wrap, the fit is spot on. Haven’t baked yet, may not need to. Previously had Lupo c130 in. 26 and Lupo SP in 26. c 130 felt longer than the SPs. SPs had essentially a power wrap; not sure how it compares to after market power wrap thickness. SPs fit me great until the liners eventually packed out over a few seasons.

Overall the Lupo + Tour wrap is going to be a game change for my 90/10 resort/touring set up. Super comfy without feeling too soft and decent articulation for side country and short tours. Very pleased so far
    Why would you ever not bake them? Only upsides.

love the tour wrap. ski it inbounds some, though recently has felt a tad soft for that. also skiing 28 in a 28.5 shell (couple diff shells)

Why would you ever not bake them? Only upsides.
    Supposedly longer liner life. Not wanting to sit around a shop during COVID. Nothing against it. I usually do bake liners. But the combo of Lupo AX HD and tour wraps is the closest to an out of the box fit I’ve ever had.

have the full tilt version coming next week (i'm a ft fanboi slut) excited to see how it works with my backland, just need to take up a little more space.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Samski360 View Post
    Supposedly longer liner life. Not wanting to sit around a shop during COVID. Nothing against it. I usually do bake liners. But the combo of Lupo AX HD and tour wraps is the closest to an out of the box fit I’ve ever had.
    I don’t think there’s any merit to the longer life argument. But I get the COVID thing.

I do mine at home. Especially easy with a 3 piece boot.

Any insight on whether I should size up(31 for a 30.5 Scarpa shell) or downsize like Intuition suggests to a 30?

I have 31 in the PowerWrap, Classic HD’s, and Pro Tours for an old set of BD Quadrants. All of them barely fit my Maestrale XT’s.

I’m getting some heel lift with the stock liners, when I fit my packed out 31 PowerWraps into the Maestrale, they fit much better than the stock liner and have a surprising amount of RoM.

Second question is whether to go with a PowerWrap or ProTourWrap for 80/20 touring/resort. I don’t mind touring in a beefy liner and can always keep the stock liners for longer days.

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Any insight on whether I should size up(31 for a 30.5 Scarpa shell) or downsize like Intuition suggests to a 30?

I have 31 in the PowerWrap, Classic HD’s, and Pro Tours for an old set of BD Quadrants. All of them barely fit my Maestrale XT’s.

I’m getting some heel lift with the stock liners, when I fit my packed out 31 PowerWraps into the Maestrale, they fit much better than the stock liner and have a surprising amount of RoM.

Second question is whether to go with a PowerWrap or ProTourWrap for 80/20 touring/resort. I don’t mind touring in a beefy liner and can always keep the stock liners for longer days.
    The length of a 30.5/31 scarpa is most similar to a 30/30.5 in other brands.

If all anyone sells is the half sizes (like evo) then it all works and no one is confused.

So I’d push you towards a 30 tour wrap. You could use a 31 if you had a large shell fit and wanted extra foam to take up space....

The difference between the powerwrap and tour wrap is the PW is the high density pretty solid feeling foam for the full thickness.

The TW is multi layer foam with a softer more forgiving foam against your foot.

While this foam makes it ski a little mushier it is much more friendly touring. In a PW I get blisters if I tour more than a 1000 ft or so above my heels. As the hard foam is designed to lock your foot in and not have you move it locks in especially around your Achilles if you have a good mold. When walking this means that as your foot moves in the boot you rub against this hard foam. The TW still locks your foot in pretty well. But the softer layer is just not as punishing when your foot moves as you walk.

Some peoples feet etc might get away with it. Not mine.

^Appreciate the details CaliBrit! I’m rolling the dice on the 31 by sizing up. I’ve liked how the 31 PW and Classic HD fill volume around my foot compared the stock liner and hearing about the density differences, maybe I can get away with putting more foam in the boot.