Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'm guessing you're referencing a Scarpa (breaking on the half size).

Scarpas have been my main point of confusion because of this. When Intuition stamps 26.0 on a Scarpa OEM liner, is it the "same" 26.0 as their stock liners (apart from Scarpa lasting considerations like instep volume and such)?

Reading Intuitions site, I may follow their recommendation of ordering two sizes and returning one - mainly because I don't think my boot guy will be stocking Tour Wraps.
    I’m guessing he’s referring to regular boots that just get sold as .5 sizes in the US.

However a Scarpa 26.5/27 are equivalent to a Tecnica 26/26.5 in internal length so both would take the intuition 26 liner in my opinion.

26 tour wrap is out until fall.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’m guessing he’s referring to regular boots that just get sold as .5 sizes in the US.

However a Scarpa 26.5/27 are equivalent to a Tecnica 26/26.5 in internal length so both would take the intuition 26 liner in my opinion.

This is exactly what the pro boot fitter at Tahoe Sports Hub told me.

Get a 28 tour wrap for my 29 (i.e., 28.5) Scarpa Maestrale RS2
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

Thanks for verifying the shell size relationship (that I'm not going nuts). This lines up with my experience - that 5 my year old 26.0 Maestrale shell matches up very closely with my 25/25.5 Z-G shell (within 1-2mm).

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-17-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I have the tour wrap in dalbello lupo ax120 and it worked well on first tour. Warm, comfortable and good ROM and ski down was solid
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Intuition Tour Wrap?

I tried a pair last year for my Delbello Carbon TI’s and they were surprisingly too low-volume even in an medium volume, so I went with the Pro Tours MV instead which have a thicker foam. This was surprising because my Lupo SP’s use an Intuition wrap liner so I expected the Tour Wraps to fit the same, but they are a very different liner. The standard wrap liners are a similar thickness to the Pro Tours, so I ended up with them.

This year I have a pair of Atomic Hawk Ultra XTD boots which I like a lot, but the stock liner is pretty thin and wimpy. Because the Hawk is a lower volume fit shell, I was able to make the slightly thinner MV Tour Wraps work well in them. The Pro Tours were too thick in a medium volume and the lower volumes did not have enough heel hold. The Low Volume Pro Tours are slightly thinner than the Tour Wrap medium volume which fits in between the low-volume and medium volume Pro Tours in terms of thickness. With the stock liner, the Hawks were almost impossible to get on and off and with the Tour Wraps the boot is transformed. It is easy to get in and out of and skis better and the touring ROM is nearly as good. Awesome liner if it’s put in the right boot.

Similar experience to Wetdog above. I haven't skied them yet but was at Intuition Vancouver today with a pair of new Hawx Ultra XTD 130's in 27.5. Shell fit is a bit over a finger, slightly tighter than my previous 27.5 Scarpa Maestrale RS 1.0 (stock Scarpa/Intuition liners) and alpine boots (27.5 Tecnica with Luxury MV). Feet are normalish but wide in the forefoot, measure 109/110mm, plan is for conventional punch along outer foot below toes which I've always needed on any boot I use.

I tried on the Pro Tour LV on one foot and Tour Wrap on the other. The Pro Tour LV felt comfortable but not enough heel hold and was concerned how it would perform after a bunch of skiing, didn't really like the idea of trying to build it up to take up room either. Pro Tour also didn't feel very substantial flexing forward (I weigh 200lbs). Pro Tour MV wasn't going to fit with the tighter shell fit and he thought sizing up to 28.5 with Pro Tour MV was going to be comfy but sloppy ski wise.

Tour Wrap felt way better in terms of ski position flex, heel hold etc. Felt a bit tight in the toes but of course heat molding w/ toe cap should fix. Was worried about touring ROM and getting the boot on and off, so he removed laces from the liners (never felt the need for laces, have always removed) and it made a big difference getting boot on/off. Walk mode ROM feels fine in the Hawx. Prettty confident the ski experience in the Tour Wrap will be superior to the Pro Tour LV for me in this boot.

Will post after liners molded and some ski time in November... but I am stoked on this. Just standing and flexing them feels so much better than the RS 1.0 did for me (soft then hit a wall).

So the Tour Wraps will be at my guy's shop in a week or two.

His recommendation aligns with Lee's experience (post #21) - that I'll end up witb 26 liners in my 25.5 Zero-G shells (shell fit is about 12mm). Lee reports a 27 liner working in his 26.5 Z-G shell.

I'll report back on what size I end up with and how they work out.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So the Tour Wraps will be at my guy's shop in a week or two.

His recommendation aligns with Lee's experience (post #21) - that I'll end up witb 26 liners in my 25.5 Zero-G shells (shell fit is about 12mm). Lee reports a 27 liner working in his 26.5 Z-G shell.

I'll report back on what size I end up with and how they work out.

... Thom
    How did the fit work out? Intuition recommends rounding down on their website for the Tour Wrap, but this thread is recommending the opposite. I have a 27.5 Zero G Tour Pro as well, debating whether to get a 27 or 28 Tour Wrap. Or just using the stock liner for a bit since it seems it's decent?

27 Tour Wrap in my XTD 26.5 Happy. YMMV

IME intuition Vancover is the shit ... I have driven 13hrs to buy from them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

A few notes on liner length fit. A nuclear option for liners that feel too short: Cut the toe box off and reinstall the section forward a bit and fill the gap with some foam....dunno if it's a bomber solution yet, haven't thoroughly tested a fresh mod.

Got some cheap brand spankin' new Intuition HV luxury liners in the same size as my previous ones, size 26/8.

Baked 'em hot and long, added all the usual padding and toe caps with extra layers of cork to shape a nice roomy toe box...and buckled shells tight for a good compression of foam for the mold.

First day touring on 'em: after the first hour of grinding uphill; feet prolly did the usual warming up/slight swelling thing and after two hours noticed that the perceived length of liners was an issue...toes were getting crunched. Adjusted buckles, dicked around with footbed; added some arch support to prevent feet from ducking out...didn't solve the problem. At hour three the pain was unbearable so I stopped, pulled the liners, busted out the swiss army knife and cut sections of the liner toe boxes off and taped them back in place about 10mm forward. Instant relief and back to ops normal. There was enough space in the shell to allow for the forward placement of the new toe cap orientation.

I was hiking 5 days and week and did about 280 000 vert feet of ups plus downs this summer and kinda thinkin' that my feet gained some muscle/ general volume and might've elongated a bit. The previous/old liners felt a hair short on a ski tour earlier on in the fall...weird.

Gonna have to add some strips of stock intuition foam and hot glue the whole mess together when I get back to Ghettowerx home base. No need for insulation now but will need it in the heart of winter.

The detached tongue is an experiment...wanna see how a free floating tongue affects subjective forward flex in dh mode, and see if the option of having the option of moving tongue vertically for different snow conditions prove advantageous or not. If not, hot glue it back to stock form. So far, zero negative effect in tour mode. Two run sample size for dh performance offers insufficient data for dh mode performance conclusions.

Name:  P1110832.JPG
Views: 2834
Size:  150.9 KB
    Name:  P1110833.JPG
Views: 2846
Size:  131.0 KBName:  P1110834.JPG
Views: 2799
Size:  157.1 KBName:  P1110835.JPG
Views: 2841
Size:  147.4 KB
    Last edited by swissiphic; 11-05-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Does anyone have experience using tour wraps in a hoji pro tour? I've got 28.5s with a shell fit of about 1.5 fingers. I wasn't able to ski the stock liners without a cook, since then, no issues, zero shell punches. I was thinking of sizing up to 29, will that be enough? Sounds like this liner is pretty low volume.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IME intuition Vancover is the shit ... I have driven 13hrs to buy from them
    I do the same. They have every model, volume, and size (a wall of options) in stock, and the expertise to determine and fit what’s going to work best between your foot and shell. The tour wrap looked very low volume to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Similar experience to Wetdog above. I haven't skied them yet but was at Intuition Vancouver today with a pair of new Hawx Ultra XTD 130's in 27.5. Shell fit is a bit over a finger, slightly tighter than my previous 27.5 Scarpa Maestrale RS 1.0 (stock Scarpa/Intuition liners) and alpine boots (27.5 Tecnica with Luxury MV). Feet are normalish but wide in the forefoot, measure 109/110mm, plan is for conventional punch along outer foot below toes which I've always needed on any boot I use.

I tried on the Pro Tour LV on one foot and Tour Wrap on the other. The Pro Tour LV felt comfortable but not enough heel hold and was concerned how it would perform after a bunch of skiing, didn't really like the idea of trying to build it up to take up room either. Pro Tour also didn't feel very substantial flexing forward (I weigh 200lbs). Pro Tour MV wasn't going to fit with the tighter shell fit and he thought sizing up to 28.5 with Pro Tour MV was going to be comfy but sloppy ski wise.

Tour Wrap felt way better in terms of ski position flex, heel hold etc. Felt a bit tight in the toes but of course heat molding w/ toe cap should fix. Was worried about touring ROM and getting the boot on and off, so he removed laces from the liners (never felt the need for laces, have always removed) and it made a big difference getting boot on/off. Walk mode ROM feels fine in the Hawx. Prettty confident the ski experience in the Tour Wrap will be superior to the Pro Tour LV for me in this boot.

Will post after liners molded and some ski time in November... but I am stoked on this. Just standing and flexing them feels so much better than the RS 1.0 did for me (soft then hit a wall).
    ^^^^^^
    why not just ski the new stock Hawx ultra xtd liners ?
    just asking i just purchased this years Hawx ultra xtd 27.5 and the fit was good out of the box .
    Have been skiing the Alpine Hawx 2 years 27.5 stock liner.
    love intuitons tough .

Quote Originally Posted by mtbcat View Post
    ^^^^^^
    why not just ski the new stock Hawx ultra xtd liners ?
    just asking i just purchased this years Hawx ultra xtd 27.5 and the fit was good out of the box .
    Have been skiing the Alpine Hawx 2 years 27.5 stock liner.
    love intuitons tough .
    Stock liners felt OK-ish but a bit on the soft side (I weigh 205lbs). Doing an A/B in the living room the Tour Wraps make a nice difference to the flex of the boot and feel fine in touring mode. To be honest I didn't want to be messing around trying to get an appointment @ Intuition mid-season to get new liners. I'd rather pay a couple hundred extra up-front and have all shell work/liner setup done correctly by Tom @ Intuition and have my boots dialed from the get go. Definitely an Intuition fanboy here. I keep the stock liners unused to sell with the boots down the road.

Gramboh what size tour wrap for what size ultra xtd did you go ? I'm 170lbs so going to stick with stock liners . You using footbeds. ? I bet the tour wraps will be heaps better getting on an off ��

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I do the same. They have every model, volume, and size (a wall of options) in stock, and the expertise to determine and fit what’s going to work best between your foot and shell. The tour wrap looked very low volume to me.
    If you are flying thru YVR it is possible on a 5 HR layover to take the sky train into intuition and get new liners. they won't be the absolute cheapest price on intuitions but the expertise/selection will simply be zee best !

I emailed from Niseko to make an appointment, I told em roughly when I would be coming thru from Japan, it all worked as planned and I got back to the airport in <5 hrs,

btw they will accomadate you if you don't but you always have to make an appointment

My neighbor had bought intuitions locally, she was till having problems so she went to Intuition on the way thru Vancover who decided the liners were wrong for her foot so they just swapped them even tho they didnt sell her the liner.

they do charge a 50$ fitting fee but IMO its worth it to get the best service .
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-08-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Took the leap and ordered a pair of tour wraps the other day. I'm about as pleased as I can be without having skiied them yet. Had been touring in powerwraps last year, and flimsy stock liners before that in salomon mtn explore. Tour wrap is much stiffer than stock, but somewhat softer than powerwaps. However, walk comfort/range of motion is way beyond powerwraps.

A stiffer liner really makes the mtn explore come alive, actually pretty decent performance compared to the more burlier/cooler mtn lab.

I have had toe bang problems myself i have one foot that is a half size larger than the other, i cut out the liner toe on the end keeping the top and sole intact and sew the toe of a sock all the way around on the end.

Just had a pr molded up by Bootsie at TetonBoot lab- stoked to give the TourWraps a run this winter if it ever comes. In a set of the new MaestraleXTs... Now just patiently awaiting the arrival of winter here in the Tetons....

I am looking to get new liners and I have a specific need, so I’m hoping someone can reassure me. I have 10 days in on some Hoji Free’s. Mostly brief tours with some Pro Tours. These became uncomfortable after a couple of hours each time. The stock liner was worse.

I rode lifts for the first time on them yesterday and the pain became unbearable after a couple of hours. I have some very bony ankles, with multiple punches already.

I threw some old Pro Tongues in them today, and it solved the point specific pain, but it wasn’t a great match for a few reasons. So, I think what I need is a liner with more padding around the ankle area made of stiffer foam, more like the Pro Tongue. The Pro Tour has softer foam and cutouts right where I need protection. It looks like the Tour Wrap would fit the bill. What say you?

thicker foam around the ankle for sure.

I got a pair molded for my ZeroG tours and pretty happy with them. Better heel hold both touring and skiing than the stock liner. The wrap also skis noticeably better. Slight loss in ROM, more significant if you don't open up the cuff all the way. Significantly warmer too.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    thicker foam around the ankle for sure.

I got a pair molded for my ZeroG tours and pretty happy with them. Better heel hold both touring and skiing than the stock liner. The wrap also skis noticeably better. Slight loss in ROM, more significant if you don't open up the cuff all the way. Significantly warmer too.
    Are you talking about a Tour Wrap?

Oops, never mind, this is the Tour Wrap thread...duh!
    Last edited by robnow; 12-08-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Yes, sorry.

I've been in 27.5 Hawx XTDs for touring with MV Luxury liners for two seasons. I've been pretty happy with this setup but am finicky AF when it comes to boot fit so I wanted to check out the Tour Wrap. I ordered them and did an unmolded try on.

Overall I thought the liner was super nicely designed and I liked the fairly solid feeling around the ankle that I find wrap liners provide. The foam thickness and density was overall not a lot different than my MV Luxury liners - maybe slightly thinner as they were unmolded. The only dealbreaker (which is probably unique only to me) is that the flex zone in the back lead to me feeling some discomfort from the edge of the boot shell while in walk mode. This was subtle - and again I'm super sensitive to these things - but I couldn't convince myself to switch touring boot liners to something that was somewhat less comfortable for walking which is 90% of the activity. Overall ROM felt oddly similar between the two liners - although I have to think the flex zone in the Tour Wrap helps a little bit there.

That said, I think the wraps would have skied slightly better than my MV Luxuries. They seem like a great touring liner overall if you value fit, and I would definitely recommend checking them out if you are replacing your stock liners.
    Last edited by Dromond; 12-21-2019 at 01:37 PM.