Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Anyone get out on these yet? Interested how they feel compared to the Pro Tours in terms of turning performance, as well as touring ROM. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Interesting. I haven’t seen those.
    Anyone know if they use the same stiffer foam as the Pro wrap? Or if the softer of the pro tour?

There's more info in the intuition liners thread.

You should buy one and let us know

I tried a pair on the other day at Intuition very briefly because the volume of the wrap meant the shell of my Atomic Hawx XTDs wouldn't even overlap to get them closed.

To me the foam did not seem to be any different in stiffness than my pro tours. Tom mentioned that the forefoot foam is the same thickness as the LV Pro Tour. I'm headed back there next week so I'll try them on again for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by obnomad View Post
    I tried a pair on the other day at Intuition very briefly because the volume of the wrap meant the shell of my Atomic Hawx XTDs wouldn't even overlap to get them closed.

To me the foam did not seem to be any different in stiffness than my pro tours. Tom mentioned that the forefoot foam is the same thickness as the LV Pro Tour. I'm headed back there next week so I'll try them on again for you guys.

Please report back. In another thread it was mentioned that the Tour Wrap used all high density foam and was stiffer than the pro tour which uses a mix of medium density and high density foam. I've got to imagine the the tongue liner is going to tour better than a wrap liner because of the easier forward ROM of the tongue.

It's the old liner for the LupoTI, right? Softer than a powerwrap, no foam sole aka for use w/ a footbed, and a flex zone?

Intuition Tour Wrap?

According to a response from Intuition from a query I put in about the foam, they do use the HD (high density) foam as opposed to the regular density foam used in the pro tours.

... and yes, does have a flex zone in the back, but I wonder what the forward ROM is on a wrap liner.

The room is not great

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I meant the ROM.

rod can you compare ROM to their other wrap liners if you've tried them ? Worthwhile upgrade ?

I have awful feet and as much as I enjoy tongue liners for their ROM I'm only really comfortable in a wrap.

A bit better, but not enough to make a real difference.

Thanks. Exactly the info I was looking for.

Any others tried these out? Love powerwraps and need to replace the now blown out liner in my maestrales. I'd be willing to sacrifice a bit of ROM to feel better in my touring boots, but wondering if it's best to just stick some old PWs in and totally fuck the ROM if these aren't much better.

Reviving this... Anyone out there with some feedback? I talked with intuition and they made it sound like the volume of the foam is coming less then their other MV liners. I am wondering about sizing up?

I was running a custom wrap liner made by intuition for my boot fitter in my TLT6 for many years. They didn't have inner lining or lacing but an additional ROM cutout in the front. Can only compare to these. The tour wraps have quite a bit more volume and less ROM but the downhill feel is definitely better

Yep, I ended up buying a pair and putting them in Maestrale RS2s. Love them. They may have just the slightest bit less ROM than the stock Intuitions, but at least for me they were just the compromise I was looking for --> downhill performance was considerably improved and I haven't noticed a decrease in tourability. They are not super high volume, but definitely higher volume than the stock liners. I have about 30 days on them.

I got a pair of these and they're the first intuition in a while that I can actually ski. Normally intuitions crush my forefoot (which is admittedly too wide and most liners do) and calf, and have too much room around the ankle and generally are far less powerful than Zipfits. Also any of the models with thick foam under the feet are kinda stupid IMO - don't work well with footbeds, and squishy where you'd want firm & supportive.

definitely more/better ROM in these than powerwrap. It feels like maybe more forefoot room. I think they have thinner foam under the foot too, so they work better with custom footbeds. Less volume in the cuff in particular than powerwrap, which is key if you have big legs.

Definitely ski & fit better than pro-tours - firmer foam. more even foam distribution (in pro-tours I felt I had a void around the articulation points, and too much stuff where the tongue attaches at the toe. Plus too much cuff volume for no real benefit). The tour-wrap fills in the shell a bit more evenly, and I suspect it allows for a tighter shell fit. Also the seam placement on the forefoot makes a lot more sense to me. Overall it fits between the shell & the foot better and more evenly. It's been a while since I used protours so I can't comment on how ROM compares.

I'm between sizes at 29.5 and have a tight shell fit, and tried on both 29 & 30. Went with 30 for more width in the toebox and I'm happy. I like the lace system too. Clever & I don't think it hurts ROM.
    I've had I think 6 different models of intuitions. These are the only ones that work. It sounds like they're Tom's personal pet project (the bootfitter at inutition office), and he sees lots of feet & problems. So good onya Tom!

I'll use them for sledskiing and touring only. They're still sloppy noodles and not as comfortable as compared to my Zip-Fits for inbounds, but horses-for-courses...

I have some size 27 MV Pro Tours that fit in both 27.5 TLT6s and 26.5 MTN Labs, but they're packing out to the point that heel retention is an issue in the MTN Labs. Considering replacing with Tour Wraps, since I really like the wrap liners in my Kryptons. Should I order a size 27 or 26?

Going to add to what Judochop said.

I've used almost every Intuition possible including all the Wrap liners. The PowerWrap for eg was too much of a compromise for ROM but added approx 10pts of stiffness and was warm. The Pro-Wrap (I think that's the name of the red one) was ungodly stiff. Only big boys could make those work and my 78kgs barely budged them so they got binned.

I've stuck a 27 TourWrap in my 26.5 Tecnica Zero G Tour Pros after my stock liners started packing out (after 60+ days mind you). Keep in mind a size 26 tecnica is like a sz 27 Scarpa or Dynafit. The TourWrap took up room but in such a good way! When i go to downhill mode the heelhold is like a vice; this is good. Instep pressure was a bit much pre-cook but excellent after cooking. Same with forefoot. Best of all is that the warmth of the liner is much appreciated as I'm a wimpy coastal Canuck and -20deg C got my feet cold. When touring the liner is a chameleon and is beautifully comfortable for walking.

As a data point I tried the old ZGTP liners in one day and a pair of older ProTour Intution liners also. I feel like both of those liners are at least 5 pts less stiffer than the TourWrap. I guess if I had to reach that the TourWrap didn't tour as well but I'd be micro-parsing to find the difference. Bottom line is that a boot like the ZGTP (or the HawX XTD) with 55 degrees of ROM has more useable ROM than most ankles can feel anyhow so maybe there's the reality check.

With 10 days on the Tour Wraps I am totally satisfied. I am trying some thin footbeds in them to fart around but that's curiosity more than anything
    Last edited by LeeLau; 02-21-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    I have some size 27 MV Pro Tours that fit in both 27.5 TLT6s and 26.5 MTN Labs, but they're packing out to the point that heel retention is an issue in the MTN Labs. Considering replacing with Tour Wraps, since I really like the wrap liners in my Kryptons. Should I order a size 27 or 26?
    Get 27s and cook them to fit. They seem like a tiny bit less volume than the MV Intuition liners. Do check with Intuition on that though as its close

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I've stuck a 27 TourWrap in my 26.5 Tecnica Zero G Tour Pros after my stock liners started packing out (after 60+ days mind you). Keep in mind a size 26 tecnica is like a sz 27 Scarpa or Dynafit. The TourWrap took up room but in such a good way! When i go to downhill mode the heelhold is like a vice; this is good.
    This very helpful. Thanks.
    Stupid question: if I have a 30.5 shell in the ZGTP, you'd recommend a 31 TourWrap? I'll consult with Intuition directly, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    This very helpful. Thanks.
    Stupid question: if I have a 30.5 shell in the ZGTP, you'd recommend a 31 TourWrap? I'll consult with Intuition directly, but wanted to hear your thoughts.
    FWIW - I agree with Lee's assessment. a tiny bit less volume than the MV liners.

personally I went with a 30 liner in a 29.5 lange shell and it worked better than the 29 liner. I tried both.
    I would say that the only time you might not want to is if you're really cramped for length specifically in your shell.

I am trying some thin footbeds in them to fart around but that's curiosity more than anything[/QUOTE]

Lee, if I'm reading this correctly you tour without footbeds? Any overall +/- to that?

Also, is the TourWrap heavier than the stock Zero G liner? Seems like the gram war is being won by making the liners lighter. Surprised you got 60 days out of them, most folks I know in these super light boots are getting 10 days before the liners start to pack out.