Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ^^^ can you elaborate on what you mean when you say wrap liners fit you better?

Also, what's your lower leg volume like?

I'm worried the tour wrap might have me maxing out my buckles on my boots.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    So I have small ankles and medium calves. Wrap has better padding for the shin and just provides more leverage on the skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I have large muscular calves, I had to remove the spoiler on my boots to accommodate the wrap liner. I can get my buckles to the second tooth. Cochise and hawx130.

Ok thanks for the real feedback.

I'm on the 3rd catch on the buckles on my uppers but I just checked and I have one spot available to relocate the buckle catch to a tighter location... so I probably won't have an issue in the tour wrap.

I should just bit the bullet and buy a set and try it.

Anyone know if there are any TGR (or other) discount codes for intuition's website?

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I end up one more wrung on my buckle ladders. Me- 99ish last(i guess skinny foot but i had to punch tlt6's a fair bit), skinny ankles and below calves. Not a super high instep but most scarpa freedoms were uncomfotable on the instep until liners were compressed and a little grind on the removeable thing under the liner in the shell(cant remember the name). The big problem i had with tongue liners were the velco attachments for the tongues at the front of the boot/foot on top of the foot just behind the toes. I heated and compressed it over and over and couldnt make enough room with the pro tours. The thin little cold shitty dynafit liners didnt hurt there but cold feet suck. Wraps give me good space across the top of my feet. They fill in the cuff below my calves at the same time take up space around my ankles for heel hold but not to much space that my insteps cause pain.
    My heels will lift if i use the tour wraps in my lupos(i guess its the higher insteps and a touch wider heel in lupos than in vulcan/hoji). Using a power wrap in my vulcans its harder to do up the top boot buckle. I also use a hv dreamliner in my lupo. Thats the best performance for me but its hard to do up the top buckle. If possible , for me id like a tour wrap for my vulcan/hoji, atour wrap with the volume of a mv powerwrap up until the cuff then at the cuff the same as is now. For my lupo id like a hv powerwrap up until the cuff above tge anjkles where itd be mv powerwrap volume, if that makes sense. Thatd make life ez. Less old guy bending over groans trying to do up or adjust his boots. Ths struggle is real!!

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Ok thanks for the real feedback.

I'm on the 3rd catch on the buckles on my uppers but I just checked and I have one spot available to relocate the buckle catch to a tighter location... so I probably won't have an issue in the tour wrap.

I should just bit the bullet and buy a set and try it.

Anyone know if there are any TGR (or other) discount codes for intuition's website?

Until covid the intuition annual group buy was awesome. Maybe thats back on the go? Great opportunity to try/get some

Yes I recall the group buy being put on hold.

I just sent them an email to ask if we can start one up again.

We will see.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Anybody use this liner with the Hoji Free and have a recommendation on sizing up or down with a 28.5 shell, currently in stock liner?

Intuition says to size down on their site, but I see quite a few people sized up in other shells.

Thanks!

I sized up. I have a 25 hoji free and 26 tour wrap and its fits perfect. Toes are comfy as. I had the 26 tour wrap in my 25 vulcans and the same comfy as. Also fit a 26 dalbello/intuition wrap w/o issue. Both the 26 tour wrap and 26 dalbello/intuition get pushed in the toes a bit in my 25 dalbello lupo ti c's. Hoji free and vulcan are a touch longer inside it seems. Just enough i guess. Not sure on 28's obviously

Thanks much, appreciate the quick reply. I will just size up and see how it goes.

What’s everyone using for insoles/footbed on the tour wraps? I’m using superfeet flex Max thickness and still feel like I don’t get the forefoot lockdown I get with the classic wrap or powerwrap sans footbed

Using the green superfeet here, have you tried a shim?

A custom foot bed you need. Hmmmmmmm.
    watch out for snakes

Thought about the greens but they’re listed as max height along with my current footbed. I like the shim idea and is much cheaper, gonna give that a shot. Thanks

I just use cheap sole footbeds. I went thin because i wanted my ankle bones as low as possible for the ankle fit in the shell, and i use minimal pressure in both the toe and instep buckles. Depends on your individusl fit i guess

Ok, I’m considering TW’s for my cold feet issues in a 26 Skorpius- sounds like I should consider going with a 27? I’m trying to get warmth and room for toes. Anybody put these in a Skorpius?

Gravity always wins...

The reason i initially upside my liners was to take up space. The larger liner has more material crammed in the boot. It worked a bit but i dont find tour wraps as thick as mv power wraps, or as thick as mv pro tours

Thats no joke about cramming the wraps in the hoji. I haven't heated mine yet, bet they are whatever the opposite of a hotdog in a hallway is on the dry fit.

Conventionally speaking, is the purpose of upsizing your liner to take up shell space? My fitter has always sized my liner the same as my shell.

I think so or having a tour liner that has the volume of a non touring mv liner, or close to it.
    My 26 tour wrap figs in my 25 vulcan and hoji unremarkably. You wouldnt know they were a different size. No folding anywhere. Boot fitter that heated them originally for my vulcan was a bit concerned but he said the length just barely fit. I heafed them wearing a single toe cap. Very comfortable. I dont find them to be the warmest liner but theyre not bad. A lot warmer than the stock vulcan liner. The new stock liner for the hoji looks better than the old vulcan liner, w/o actually trying it

Another data point here.

26 TW in a 25.5 (291mm) Salomon MTN LAB (the blue one). No shell work and total satisfaction in a touring boot for the first time ever. They're comfortable and warm and take up enough volume to lock my heel down, if barely.

For reference my alpine boots are Rossi Radical WC Race Plugs, 92mm last, size 25/293mm, ZB flex (140?). These have A LOT of punching and grinding in the toe and lateral foot areas, and also some in the medial upper ankles. I use the same low volume custom footbed with built-up arch support in both boots. I've got standard Power Wrap MV size 26 crammed in there. I'm picky, and my feet are more picky. Fit is perfect.

My foot and ankle below calf muscle are very low volume. My arch is collapsed and needs support. My calf muscle is large-ish relative to my skinny ankle. The MTN LAB is fairly narrow but the heel pocket is notoriously incongruent with the forefoot fit. It's too big and I got heel lift and cold feet in the stock liners. I find the laces useful for keeping things together with the boot loose for touring. With my low volume foot/ankle/lower leg I'm only on the second rung on the lower buckle and first rung the upper buckle of the boot. My forefoot isn't as locked in all around as in my alpine boots but these ski very well to the point where I'd consider bringing them as my only boot on mixed lift/touring ski trips.

I tried the Pro Tour in these too and didn't like them because the tongue dug into the top of my foot and also moved around. Never gotten along with tongue liners since I first tried a wrap in like '98. I also tried a full Power Wrap in the MTN LABs, super comfy and warm and skied amazing, really locked in but the lack of ROM was tiring on the tour and my calves were really bruised up after from the lack of any rearward flex. I tried the FX Race tongue liner in my alpine boots once at the recommendation of my boot fitter and hated it for the same reasons. High end boot fitters that fit a lot of racers hate wrap liners IME.

My thoughts on sizing up is that I want to compress the toe of liner, not stretch it. I don't think sizing up the liner adds substantially more volume of material to the fit but if you're stretching the liner, it will thin it too. If you're not stretching the liner, it will maintain the most volume but the foam will compress almost infinitely too, as evidenced by the MV Power Wraps in my alpine boots. I want the liner to fill the whole inside of the boot with no voids, and go all the way to the tip of the toe inside. Since I wanted maximum volume I molded them with the buckles and power strap barely buckled. I also used a thick cotton sock toe with the Intuition toe caps. I could have buckled the upper buckle and power strap a bit tighter as I'm only on the first rung of the upper buckle and it's just a bit difficult to get the buckle to reach when putting them on.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

FS: barely-used Tour Wrap, size 28. $75+ship (located in Truckee, CA). Price PoPo if you think that's off.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Wrap-cheeeeep
    sproing!

Thanks for the suggestion on the thin footbed liner. Cut a cheap wool footbed liner in half and shimmed the ball of my foot under the existing superfeet footbed. Plenty of room for my feet to stay warm but get much better lockdown on the forefoot now with scrapa xt/tour wraps