Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    ...The caveat being if you have a loose shell fit and need to take up volume you can go with a larger intuition to have more foam in there. I’ve never done this. I’d be buying a new boot...

I hated the pro tour. As did others I know.
    What if you were trying to save money? $800 boot vs. $200 liner.

And why was the PT so bad?

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    What if you were trying to save money? $800 boot vs. $200 liner.

And why was the PT so bad?
    Guess it depends if you want a quick fix or to fix it right.

PT tongue sucks, The attachment makes it uncomfortable over the forefoot. If you want a tongue liner the Race FX is nicer.

I just love wraps though.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 02-16-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Anyone cut out the laces out of the these? Don't see any downside really and thinking it would make getting into them a bit easier to open them up a little.

Guess it depends if you want a quick fix or to fix it right.

PT tongue sucks, The attachment makes it uncomfortable over the forefoot. If you want a tongue liner the Race FX is nicer.

I just love wraps though.
    Thanks. How will the Race FX tour?

For anyone else with low volume feet/ankles: I was growing dissatisfied with the skiing feel of my Luxury liners (soft foam) but the tour wrap was too thin. I got a set of Pro Wrap liners and even though they are super thick, they slimmed a lot during molding and my first tour went well. Th stiffness wasn’t as much or a problem while skinning as I though and the extra room in the toes/forefoot and under foot makes it easier to be comfortable skinning that a full Power Wrap

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Anyone cut out the laces out of the these? Don't see any downside really and thinking it would make getting into them a bit easier to open them up a little.
    Yes. They are dumb and life is better without.

For me it tours fine, has the dual density foam. But I don’t do allot of long flats needing a load of rearward FOM.

If you are a 26 I might have a deal for you!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    The laces should lock your heel in more and keep you from getting blisters when touring. Of course YMMV since that all depends on your foot, but I get massive heel blisters if I tour in a power wrap, and no blisters in a Tour Wrap with the laces cranked down.

I have both liners I swap in and out of my Hawx. The Race FX is WAY lower volume in the forefoot and bigger volume in the cuff. They tour noticeably worse but are comfy. My pro tours came out of a way lower volume boot so are compressed and don't give me any problems above the foot. If they are tight on the tongue attachment point after the first molding just pad and buckle down hard on a remold. This works for most but certainly not everyone, see calibrit. I sold alot of PT over the years and most were to happy customers.

The tour wrap is a great liner in the right boot. the seem to fit a little lower volume than a standard protour and give you more room in the instep. They dont stiffen up the boot a little bit as well.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Couldn’t have asked for a better fit, just received a 31 tour wrap for my 30.5 Maestrale XT’s. Paired with a set of super feet insoles to take up some space. Heels are locked in and good ROM. Looking forward to never having a tongue slip down during a long tour

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    have the full tilt version coming next week (i'm a ft fanboi slut) excited to see how it works with my backland, just need to take up a little more space.
    How's it going on those?

Any ideas how the FT Pro Tour wrap compare in overall volume/foam thickness to the retail Intuition Tour Wrap? I’ve got a line on some lightly used of the former. MV PTs are perfect volume for my TLT6s; I’d be ok putting in shims in for Tour Wraps if needed, but wouldn’t want anything thinner. Replacing b/c seams for the front flex cutouts in the PTs are right up against my ankle bones.
    Last edited by dub_xion; 02-20-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Those who have cut out laces, any issues with the liner being too loose while touring? I always assumed the reason touring liners usually have some sort of lacing was to keep it snug against your foot/ankle/leg even through the full range of motion.

Anybody have insight into whether these would fit in an F1 LT? The cuff is pretty narrow so not sure if the wrap would be too wide. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UphillSwimming View Post
    Anybody have insight into whether these would fit in an F1 LT? The cuff is pretty narrow so not sure if the wrap would be too wide. Thanks!
    I doubt it, I had the Alien RS and they're low volume shells. The stock liner is very thin.

I’ve heard great things. The boot fitter at Teton Boot Lab (Bootsy) has done that for a lot folks. Seems to work…though I can’t speak from person experience.

Quote Originally Posted by UphillSwimming View Post

25.5 ZGTP shell
    1-1.5 finger shell fit

25 Tour Wrap
    - About the same length as the stock liner
    - Toes go all the way to the end. Not painful but will need a toecap mold for sure.

26 Tour Wrap
    - A little longer than stock liner.
    - Toes are comfy without doing any molding.

Which one? Can try both but will cost me $100+.

Why would you ever not bake them? Only upsides.
    there was a shop guy who is thankfuly gone ( Rog ?) who told customers to try them first instead of baking, i remember acusing him of being a lazy fuck, selling a liner & trying to get out of doing a liner mold,

and why make the customer come back again ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    ^Appreciate the details CaliBrit! I’m rolling the dice on the 31 by sizing up. I’ve liked how the 31 PW and Classic HD fill volume around my foot compared the stock liner and hearing about the density differences, maybe I can get away with putting more foam in the boot.
    The right shell fit is the right shell fit, I wouldn't try to take up room in a too big shell with a heatmoldable liner
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    25.5 ZGTP shell
    1-1.5 finger shell fit

25 Tour Wrap
    - About the same length as the stock liner
    - Toes go all the way to the end. Not painful but will need a toecap mold for sure.

26 Tour Wrap
    - A little longer than stock liner.
    - Toes are comfy without doing any molding.

Which one? Can try both but will cost me $100+.
    Similar fit 26 ZGTP for me and I use a 26 Tour Wrap.

I’d go 25 and a good toe cap. Toe of a thick sock under the rubber cap.

On the advice of Intuition customer service I put a 26 in my 26.5 Dalbello Lupos. Take this all with a grain of salt - Dalbellos have weird shell breaks and their 26.5 BSL is often longer than most brands - but 26 TW liners are wayyyyyyy snug in the toe, despite molding with a toecap. They feel fine after a few days inbounds, but I'm honesty pretty concerned with how my feet will fare on longer tours (haven't had an opportunity to take them out yet, though.) If I was to do it over again I'd probably go with a 27 instead.

Intuition Tour Wrap?

Similar fit 26 ZGTP for me and I use a 26 Tour Wrap.

I’d go 25 and a good toe cap. Toe of a thick sock under the rubber cap.
    Skied the 25 today. Toe is a still a bit tight but it makes the ZGTP ski 90% as well as my alpine boots. Best AT boot ski performance I’ve experienced. Guessing that Lange is awesome too but sucks to tour in.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Skied the 25 today. Toe is a still a bit tight but it makes the ZGTP ski 90% as well as my alpine boots. Best AT boot ski performance I’ve experienced. Guessing that Lange is awesome too but sucks to tour in.
    Yeah game changers. I just can’t ski liners that aren’t wraps except with the 4 year old!

Just fondled a pair of tour wraps next to regular power wraps and the foam density is A LOT lower on the tour wrap... it even feels less dense the the pro tour.

I'm really surprised people are getting a noticeable improvement with these given that foam density.

The cuff also seemed to not have a tonne of material to it compared to the pro tour... anyone with skinny chicken legs have these and can share some impressions?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Just fondled a pair of tour wraps next to regular power wraps and the foam density is A LOT lower on the tour wrap... it even feels less dense the the pro tour.

I'm really surprised people are getting a noticeable improvement with these given that foam density.

The cuff also seemed to not have a tonne of material to it compared to the pro tour... anyone with skinny chicken legs have these and can share some impressions?

You're correct and i wouldnt mind having the same volume as power wraps. In all three of my current boots the hojis feel the best with tourwraps, then vulcans, then lupo c ti. That might be the usage though. Lupo is my hill boot and i want more performance. Hoji just carpet tested so far. Maybe theyll end up similar to vulcans. Comfy for touring, still warm and im definitely not swimming but if i nitpick id opt for a touch more volume. Wraps fit me best so i opted to keep the used tour wrap and prob sell the new hoji sidas liner with the vulcans

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^ can you elaborate on what you mean when you say wrap liners fit you better?

Also, what's your lower leg volume like?

I'm worried the tour wrap might have me maxing out my buckles on my boots.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season