Whistler or utah?

Kids have spring break the week after closing day st pcmr. We have Alta bird passes and epic so could road trip to whistler.

How’s the skiing? I imagine Snowbird will be good with the possibility of desert riding/climbing/hiking in southern utah.

Or should we drive to Seattle, noodle around and hit whistler for a few days? No real desire to ski in the rain......

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The models have been back and forth on freezing levels for the next week. If it all falls as snow it will be great up here, and if you're into backcountry the high alpine will be still be good, as well as the higher parts of the resort. freezing levels over 1800m generally suck for the resort though.

Whistler sells garbage bags with their logo on them and the arm and neck holes already cut. You won't find that in Utah.
    If you wait until April until going to Whistler you will find the crowds gone and everything on sale. April also gives you the best chance at Whistler of seeing the sun, or just seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Fuck whistler and all the privileged tourista millionaire landlords that want to suck your wallet dry.
    Place has gone to privileged wealthy elite ski haven in no time flat.
    Fuck Whistler-Blackcomb and all the Bullshit $350 room prices (on sale)!
    They sure are not fostering any good-will lately.
    Yep. Exactly. Even for a late season trip, I would take my chances in Utah at the bird (for the ride and the $$)
    https://GearLobo.com
    "Good things come to those who bait"
    My greatest fear is that after I die, my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Fuck whistler and all the privileged tourista millionaire landlords that want to suck your wallet dry.
    Place has gone to privileged wealthy elite ski haven in no time flat.
    Fuck Whistler-Blackcomb and all the Bullshit $350 room prices (on sale)!
    They sure are not fostering any good-will lately.
    The very vast majority of Americans that ski in Canada go to Whistler and line up in the rain to over pay for just about everything. Good for them and good for the far less crowded, less expensive rest of western Canada where the snow quality is far superior to Whistler.

Yep Whistler sucks. Rains to the top weekly... no one skied any powder at Whistler this year. Nope, none at all...

It is expensive as fuck. I’ll give you that.

We’ve skied there a fair amount before. But since I don’t live in the PNW anymore I don’t have a feel for the current weather or conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I went to Whistler over the weekend and the skiing was top notch. I'll admit accommodations in the village are ridiculously expensive, but the high season is over now and prices will be dropping. I stayed in Pemberton this time around. It's a great place to stay to save money and only a 25 minute drive to Whistler. Beautiful area, too.

Whistler is good right now but I can't tell the future, also mountain biking in Squamish and Pemberton is in full swing if you were going to do a combo trip