Lost River Range Snowpack Analysis

This post may only interest 10 people on here, but if you are interested in spring ski mountaineering in the Lost River Range (Idaho), then hopefully this may be some useful information. April thru June is the prime season for this range. Hardly anyone lives out in this desolate area, and even fewer actually have any interest in skiing, so it is tough to get local knowledge. I think the main skiers come from the Idaho Falls area, SW Montana, Sun Valley area and the Treasure Valley. I have put together some analysis on snowpack and temperature statistics from the only snotel in the range. I present some of those findings in this article, as well as some webcam links that show some of the range.
    Bottom-line is that they actually have had a pretty robust snow year and it looks primed for a good spring season.
    http://hi-adventure.com/lost-river-r...pack-analysis/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRR snowpackHist.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	230449

This is really cool, nice work

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    This is really cool, nice work
    Ya I agree with BM!

don't post shit about the lost river range.

I hiked Lost River Peak last year, hope to ski the supergully next spring! That’s always a popular (for Idaho) one.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    don't post shit about the lost river range.
    Trying to keep it secret? Worried we’ll get all the people from Jackson and Sun Valley hitting it up?

Thanks for the analysis. I don't think we have to worry too much about the lost rivers getting blown up--the sawtooths seems to catch most of the crowds