Speed Superlight 2.0 vs Speed Turn on wider skis?

Thinking about putting some Dynafit superlight 2.0s on the Blizzard Zero G 108. Will probably stick with the tried and true speed radical toes.

Has anybody had or heard of issues with the SSL 2.0 heel, especially on wider skis? Another option is the speed turn with the wider mount pattern, but I don't need the weight, bsl adjustment, or ramp angle (stack height if I shim the toes). Unless those downsides are met with an increase in pull out strength or durability.

I'm looking for firsthand reports from people who get out a lot. I mainly see people running the superlight 2.0 on skinny skis and Speed Turns/Radicals on wider (>100 mm underfoot) skis. Wondering if there's a real reason for that or not.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have them on my BMT 109s.

No issues so far in maybe a dozen days of touring. No noticable flex or wiggle. Haven't heard of width-related issues from other users.

Lots and lots of days with SSL 2.0's on 182 UL GPO's. bunch of days on 185 Zero G 108's too. No issues. Connection feels better than vertical/ radicals. More like Plum Guides which have less lateral l play in heels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

This may not be all that relevant, but I've blown up a SSL 1.0 heel, sheared the entire structural plastic part in half, on 90 mm skis. No issue with the toes.

Thanks for all the responses. I knew Norse and ISBD have them on wider skis, so thanks for chiming in, guys.

smooth: Appreciate the response, but I try not to make decisions based off what the pros are doing. The other dude in those photos has kingpins, which are currently on my skis -- I'm replacing them because of the recent failures.

bfree: Thanks for chiming in. I've heard that happening to the SSL 1.0 heels, but not the 2.0 heels.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have a similar question about Plum Race 170 heels on wider skis (105ish), as the hole pattern is fairly narrow (25mm). Any experiences good or bad?

Not first hand but I have two friends who have run Plum Race heels on 100mm wide skis. Neither are small fry and both seems to be happy with the set ups.

Run the 2.0's on BD Helio 105 boards. Probably have 50-60 days on them. These are a little lighter skis than the 108's and I'm 150#, but I haven't noticed any play in the heels and the setup has been great overall. Usually ski them with pretty stiff boots.

Myself and partners have been running the SSL2.0 on a variety of bigger boards, including 178 0G 108s and 185 BD Helio 105s. No issues at all with many days collectively on these setups. I personally went with the adjustment plate for the SSL2 heel, but partners have not and seem to be doing just fine. Skier weights from 150lbs to 200lbs if it matters.