Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I don't follow this stuff closely at all, but Tyler rogoway's long article at the drive felt like a worthwhile look at some of these reports.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ke-theyre-ufos
    I didn't even read 10% of that article, but just a few paragraphs down there's this:

"Before I move forward, I must state that just because I believe the evidence is compelling that many of the bizarre encounters with mysterious objects in the sky as of late, and especially those that the U.S. military is experiencing, emanate from peer-state competitors, not another dimension or another solar system, there are certainly well-documented cases of seemingly unexplainable events that have nothing to do with this type of capability. In other words, our conclusions do not come even close to answering the question of UAPs or UFOs as a whole, especially in terms of the many unexplained incidents in decades past."

That quote includes an embedded link to their article about the Tic Tac/Nimitz incident, which even they classify as entirely unexplained: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-baja-surfaces

Also, I agree 110% with his next paragraph:

"And that brings us to one of the biggest problems with this topic, as a whole—people expect one blanket and grand explanation for the entire UFO mystery to one day emerge. This is flawed thinking at its core. This issue is clearly one with multiple explanations due to the wide range of events that have occurred under a huge number of circumstances. This thinking must be changed as it limits our ability to solve some mysteries in the hopes of coming up with some fantastical monolithic explanation for every related mystery. So, accepting that there is likely a wide array of explanations to this notoriously abused topic will be absolutely key to successfully studying it and destigmatizing it in our culture, and especially within U.S. military and intelligence circles."

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Or, there might be a more mundane explanation for the events.
    I'll go with the latter.
    Christ, I hope so. All of the alternatives are rather terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    were there sonic booms coming from all of these super-duper-sonic flights?
    No.

While they're figuring out the UFO's maybe they can also figure out the sonic attacks, especially since now occurring on US soil.

That is a really weird thing that the government seems oddly unconcerned about.

when ufo's start polling well, the "government" will respond appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That is a really weird thing that the media seem oddly unconcerned about.
    FIFY
    I'm pretty sure the government takes it very seriously. It may not say much about it publicly, because "we don't know what the fuck is going on" never plays well. especially with the other party. (I assume you're referring to my post about sound attacks.)

i propose a maggot alien hunt summit.
    swing your fucking sword.

shit, what if we got together and like, raided area 51?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FIFY
    I'm pretty sure the government takes it very seriously. It may not say much about it publicly, because "we don't know what the fuck is going on" never plays well. especially with the other party. (I assume you're referring to my post about sound attacks.)
    Haven't there been a decent number of rounds of coverage so far? The first batch in Cuba, followed a few weeks later by the claim that it was likely a cricket, then there was coverage of additional cases occurring outside of Cuba, mostly in China. Months later the idea of a microwave weapon/interference came out. That might have been last summer? I was talking to a neighbor who's son is in the state department about it and I had a mask on. Then there was a round of articles that maybe it wasn't a microwave. And now this newest round.

Regardless of your opinion on Rogan, he did an interview with the F18 pilot. Dude couldn't have sounded more grounded or objective. The play by play he gives, talking about all of the various radars, cameras and threat tracking that recorded the event is wild--let alone the multiple eye witnesses.

Flip side is if military tech exists at that level, no F18 pilot is going to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    shit, what if we got together and like, raided area 51?
    It’s been (sorta) tried - Storm Area 51
    https://www.npr.org/2019/09/20/76289...to-materialize

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    i know. i was being ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Haven't there been a decent number of rounds of coverage so far? The first batch in Cuba, followed a few weeks later by the claim that it was likely a cricket, then there was coverage of additional cases occurring outside of Cuba, mostly in China. Months later the idea of a microwave weapon/interference came out. That might have been last summer? I was talking to a neighbor who's son is in the state department about it and I had a mask on. Then there was a round of articles that maybe it wasn't a microwave. And now this newest round.
    Yeah--I'm probably being unfair to the media. They report a story when there's something new to report. We the public figure if we aren't hearing about it it isn't happening, but I'm sure somewhere in the govt it's being worked on whether there's a story in the papers or not. Like the UFO's. This has been going on for a while. What there are more of lately are UFO stories.

Re the UFO's, I don't understand why we don't just shoot one down and find out what it is.

Why all the UFO Reports Lately?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Maggot version

Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us,
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=328750

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Re the UFO's, I don't understand why we don't just shoot one down and find out what it is.
    We don't want to piss them off.

Because they are expensive and they belong to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Because they are expensive and they belong to us?
    I'm not sure how that would work for the black ops stuff where 99.99% of the military doesn't know it's our stuff.

I don't think Fraver believes he could have shot the Tic Tac down even if he had been given orders to fire.

The drive's analysis of the Tic Tac shows a strong bias toward believing there was a physical craft creating the visual image even though the physics of actually accelerating and moving like that is daunting. A simpler (though not simple) explanation might be coordinated beams used to intentionally create a visual image (like stereo lithography on a huge scale). No stealth needed, and in fact just the opposite: it's hard to create any radar signature that way. The only place that generated a radar image was where the beams would have hit the water below the targeted space (looking like a wave from far above).

If the underlying technology has the ability to knock down a missile in flight that could have implications for first strike. The perception of that (even if it's not real) could make tactical nukes a little easier to use against, say, Ukraine by reducing fear of escalation.

Masers seem a likely culprit in the Cuba attack and beam weapons almost certainly saw some research in response to Reagan's Star Wars.

So there's a lot of speculative options.

If he didn't try he'll only be one year older when he finally does.
    I still call it The Jake.

I take the “it’s bullshit” under on the microwave weapons.

To state it a little more plainly: the UFO enthusiasts want the inexplicable parts to be features of an advanced technology rather than bugs of an immature one. Small wonder that there is some much crossover with conspiracy theorists.

More states legalizing weed = more UFO sightings.

It's not rocket science people.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's not rocket science people.
    Ok but isn't that sort of their point, though?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The drive's analysis of the Tic Tac shows a strong bias toward believing there was a physical craft creating the visual image even though the physics of actually accelerating and moving like that is daunting. A simpler (though not simple) explanation might be coordinated beams used to intentionally create a visual image (like stereo lithography on a huge scale). No stealth needed, and in fact just the opposite: it's hard to create any radar signature that way. The only place that generated a radar image was where the beams would have hit the water below the targeted space (looking like a wave from far above).
    Tic Tac was visible on ship-borne and airborne radar, and on the FLIR pod in IR and TV mode. That's a pretty impressive hologram or whatever.

If the underlying technology has the ability to knock down a missile in flight...
    I meant that per Fraver's account it could have easily outrun or outmaneuvered anything he could have shot at it.

Your post makes very little sense. It is one thing is to create a hologram from one point to to be visible from one vantage position and it is order of magnitude harder to create a hologram that is visible from multiple vantage points and is multispectral to boot with. Let alone be "visible" in say X & S band radars...and let alone simultaneously in multiple mediums (air/water).

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Tic Tac was visible on ship-borne and airborne radar, and on the FLIR pod in IR and TV mode. That's a pretty impressive hologram or whatever.

I meant that per Fraver's account it could have easily outrun or outmaneuvered anything he could have shot at it.
    The number of planes whose radar saw nothing outnumbered those that saw it, though, and the ones that did were looking from high above. Ship radar seeing something at or near the water seems consistent.

All I'm saying is that it's easier to explain "stealth" as a bug than a feature. If the goal was to create the impression of a physical object defying the laws of physics then you'd want it to be as detectable as possible. Maybe the fact that it "disappeared" wasn't intentional.

I'm not really trying to offer a specific explanation, it's just an example. Point being, it's a step away from Occam's Razor to assume a violation of the laws of physics and then explain the inconsistencies as advanced stealth tech. A couple more steps between microwaves and space lasers to natural phonomenon and people making stuff up, of course.