Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Oh, I like those! 2.5lbs isn't horrible, especially compared to my freestones, which I don't pack.

I once forgot my boots and rented some from Kirks. They were like Chuck Taylors but with a felt sole. forgot the brand even if it was on there. Seemed quite packable. I bet they were more than 2.5lbs though. Also made of shit canvas that supposedly falls apart in the sun+water+drying but I rented them for the guide shop and they were in OK shape.
    Chotas rock, especially as you get fatter and older. Not sure I ever thought of Chota along with packable!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    soft science has some that seem decent. I only used them for one long weekend last fall, so don't know about durability, but they are definitely light and packable.
    Got the Terrafins a few weeks ago. Super light, pack small and dry well. Soft, malleable sole, cordura upper with just a little padding around the ankle, heel, tongue, and toe. Definitely not as supportive as most wading boots, though - they remind me of Crocs. Traction is just okay. For the price and weight, though, not bad.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

I've got a pair of these. 3.5 lbs, full boot coverage, rubber & felt options, dry pretty quick, $90 MSRP. https://www.redington.com/fly-fishin...lix-river-boot
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    guide schools? what fucking retard would attend TrumpU for trout?
    ...with flyfishing's increase in popularity.....we now get em' all
    Last edited by steved; 12-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.